EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 11-15-2008, 01:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Character alignment/servername available anywhere?

I'm trying to add a few more features to the journal UI I've made for the questlist website I manage.

The last few details I want to add require some data I can't find anywhere though, so I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction if it exists.

The data I'm missing is:
Characters alignment, either the basic good/evil/exile or the name of the city you are from. If neither is possible, the characters suffix title can be used too, to see if the character is an exile.

The name of the server you are playing on.

The language of the game, because my UI only works properly on the English versions.

Is any of the above available in the current EQ2 client?
Unread 11-15-2008, 09:07 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Starting city is probably not available but the Call of Qeynos/Freeport bindpoint is (zone name), which should be enough.

Client language is /cl_language.

Server is /cl_autoplay_world.
Unread 11-16-2008, 10:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks.

I had already thought of using the bindzone to figure out alignment, unfortunately some characters have that set to None so it doesn't work for everyone. Exiles also do not even have the ability to set their bindpoint.

Server name seemed to work at first but then I tried logging into a different server and found that the servername was still listed as the previous one. So it seems that it just returns whatever server you usually play on or something like that?

Language however seems to work perfectly, so now I can at least detect if people are using a non-english version.
Unread 11-16-2008, 01:28 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Very strange, I didn't know that you could go without a bindzone unless exiled and maybe betrayed.

Regarding the server name I just switched a couple of times between Beta and Beta PVP and the value was always correct. Make sure that you do not have a login mod which writes to it or that you accidentally set it while reading it (or that your used UIbuilder and you actually have the value hardcoded in the xml).
Unread 11-16-2008, 05:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

It seems all new characters from Kelethin, Neriak and Gorowyn actually start out with none as their bindzone, only FP and Q characters have it set from the start. It also gets reset to none when you exile.

The only way I can get the servername to change is by completely quitting the game and restarting it by using the patcher and selecting a character on a different server there. Logging to char select doesn't change it and starting the game around the patcher doesn't change it either it seems. I guess the setting is only used to log in from the patcher
Unread 11-16-2008, 06:14 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

What I did was log into the game using everquest2.exe as I always do and read the value via script. For a toon on Beta the value was "Beta". Then I camped to a toon on Beta PVP, read the value again via script and it was "Beta PVP". Camped back to the toon on Beta and the value changed accordingly. Every time.
Unread 11-17-2008, 11:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Right, using /camp charname also sets the servername correctly, so it seems that it is only set correctly when you do not use the character select screen. Unfortunately that doesn't make it very reliable

Thanks for the help though.