EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 10-21-2004, 01:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Hi Everyone- I got questions...

I been reading the forums for a while but this is my first post. My boyfriend and I were talking about EQ today and it got me wondering about EQ2. We loved EQ1 but we left it due to restraints the game had and we just hesitate doing taking another chance on EQ2 due to the previous restrictions we had on EQ1. So here are my questions-
1) Are spawned creatures the same in EQ2? As in do i have to wait in a dungeon with 15 other people just to see if I have a chance of getting a specific item that may not even drop?
2) Are pets a huge "statis" symbol again? Where only the most hard working elites get a pet?
3) EQ1 had so much for the power gamer but the casual gamer either had to get guild left overs or invest in buying game cash off of the internet. Which I think is rather rude since most people out there who have a life play sporatically and can't just spend thier entire day playing.

I ask these questions and hope they are answered. I speak for all the stay at home mothers and fathers as well as the casual gamer who can't devote entire days/weeks waiting for that special mob or that one drop to happen to them. I used to watch my bf go out of his mind trying to get that one elite item only to have to log out to do something with the family, only to log back in and find the creature had spawned and he had to wait another 2-3 days for it to happen again. Don't get me wrong, we love the game, but its not realistic in the sense of real life takes priority over a pixal.
Sunnaru/Amelia Marrowmuncher of Prexus
Icefeather
Unread 10-21-2004, 01:37 AM
A Griffon

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefeather
I been reading the forums for a while but this is my first post. My boyfriend and I were talking about EQ today and it got me wondering about EQ2. We loved EQ1 but we left it due to restraints the game had and we just hesitate doing taking another chance on EQ2 due to the previous restrictions we had on EQ1. So here are my questions-
1) Are spawned creatures the same in EQ2? As in do i have to wait in a dungeon with 15 other people just to see if I have a chance of getting a specific item that may not even drop?
2) Are pets a huge "statis" symbol again? Where only the most hard working elites get a pet?
3) EQ1 had so much for the power gamer but the casual gamer either had to get guild left overs or invest in buying game cash off of the internet. Which I think is rather rude since most people out there who have a life play sporatically and can't just spend thier entire day playing.

I ask these questions and hope they are answered. I speak for all the stay at home mothers and fathers as well as the casual gamer who can't devote entire days/weeks waiting for that special mob or that one drop to happen to them. I used to watch my bf go out of his mind trying to get that one elite item only to have to log out to do something with the family, only to log back in and find the creature had spawned and he had to wait another 2-3 days for it to happen again. Don't get me wrong, we love the game, but its not realistic in the sense of real life takes priority over a pixal.
Sunnaru/Amelia Marrowmuncher of Prexus
Icefeather
Greetings and well met Icefeather. Your questions are both important and worthy Now lets cut to what I know and I'm sure others will be quick to reply as well.

1. A: As of now from what I understand, there ARE going to be some places out there that will require some waiting for good loot on creatures. However, the good news I can offer you is most likely the best places to get the "phat loot" will be in instanced quest zones. If you dont know what these are I shall explain. Basicly, you do certain tasks that allow for a major instanced quest, these quests take you to whats called an instanced zone where its only YOU and YOUR group in that zone. No more fighting for spawn spots like the original EQ1. Usually the final boss at the end of these instanced areas will give out these "phat loot" items. Thats what I understand on this so far.

2. A: Well I'm a tad confused by this question. You should know that in EQ 2 there are only 3 classes that can summon a pet at all. I know that classes in EQ1 were later given some pets to help them in much later levels where its increadibly hard to survive without one. But before all that there were only two. The Magician which is now basicly the Conjurer class in EQ2 and the Necromancer that goes by the same name now. But for EQ2 as of right now, only the Mage > Summoner > Conjurer / Necromancer choices will offer you any pets at all.

3. A: As much as I feel for you for wanting the best items in Everquest... part of the joy for those that have all the time in the world is receiving all their loot because they literally had to WORK for it. (unless of course they bought it all off e-bay). For those that actually worked for all of it I honestly feel there is a certain level of honor that should be given to that because of the work involved. However, Everquest 2 will feature solo quests which will really help the person who does'nt have all the time in the world and give them ample opportunities to get some of their own good loot though possibly not the best since they wont be playing around the clock like the true hardcore gamers. All in all, you should'nt feel cheated even if you log in only a few hours every now and then.

Hope that answers all your questions and feel free to ask more in the future. If there are typos all over the place its because I'm insainly tired right now.

/salute

--Esperant

Last edited by Esperant : 10-21-2004 at 01:42 AM.
Unread 10-21-2004, 02:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default That explains alot Thank you

2. A: Well I'm a tad confused by this question. You should know that in EQ 2 there are only 3 classes that can summon a pet at all. I know that classes in EQ1 were later given some pets to help them in much later levels where its increadibly hard to survive without one. But before all that there were only two. The Magician which is now basicly the Conjurer class in EQ2 and the Necromancer that goes by the same name now. But for EQ2 as of right now, only the Mage > Summoner > Conjurer / Necromancer choices will offer you any pets at all.

--As for pets, I meant the mounts. I know they are uber pricy and only can be aquired through lots of hard work and money. Sorry I confused you. Its late and my brain was thinking of pets as a mount and not as a summoned pet.
-- I agree on the fact that items are very wonderful to work for. I remember getting something from a quest and be all happy about it. And you did explain how a casual player could achieve the same things as a power gamer in some manner. I have nothing against power gamers and people who have time to just sit and play all day and night. Sometimes I wish I could, but I feel in a sense that EQ1 gave power games a sort of advantage and privelage where casual players were penaltied for lack of thier devotion (lack of time playing). I am glad they are fixing the balance in EQ2 from your knowledge it seems it might be more level. I can always I guess go back to UO until game release and watch the forums before I buy it myself. Or I might get lucky and get into beta.
By the way anyone know if Necros are as fun in EQ2 as they were in the first one? I LOVED the cackle of my skeleton and his mannerisms.
Icefeather
Unread 10-21-2004, 03:01 AM
A Griffon

The mounts from what I heard are not too hard to come by. Someone in beta will probably give you a full description of how you go about it. I dont want to say something right now and turn out to be completely wrong. Not worth the flame even though flames are not allowed in these forums. Thanks to Kudane and that other admin guy jk Dolby

As for Necros... on opening beta I heard that the differences between the summoning classes were extremely slim but now they're starting to show their colors and they're starting to gap. I hear both are lots of fun depending on your style. Go with what equals fun for you!