EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 11-06-2004, 06:19 AM
Co-Founder
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default End of Beta

There had been rumors flying all over that they were going to shutdown the beta servers on Friday. I for one thought they would be open till at least Sunday since the game is shipping on Monday and shouldnt be avaible till Tuesday

Then I got this message tonight from Moorgard:

Quote:
On behalf of the entire EverQuest II team, I want to thank everyone who has participated in our beta test over the last several months on the English, French, and German-language servers. Your feedback has been immeasurably valuable throughout the testing process by helping us find bugs and polish our gameplay. EverQuest II wouldn't be what it is today without your involvement.

We're very excited that EverQuest II will be launching on November 8. In preparation for the release of the game, our beta test will be concluding Saturday, November 6. At noon PST, we will be shutting down the beta servers and deleting all characters and items. Our official forums will be temporarily closing at the same time so that we can restructure the boards and be ready for a fresh start when the game goes live.

EverQuest II will begin shipping to retailers in the US on Monday, November 8, with dozens of servers awaiting the arrival of thousands of players into a brand new world. The European versions of EverQuest II will begin shipping across Europe on November 11, with French and German-language servers ready for play. At launch, all our subscribers will have access to the core features of our new Station Players website which allows you to track the progress of your characters, build a guild website and message board, and interact with other members of the EverQuest II community.

We hope you enjoy your last hours in the EverQuest II beta. Though the testing process has come to an end, your adventure in Norrath has only just begun.

Moorgard
Community Manager, EverQuest II
I am sorry to those winners who only got a week to play, We set the contest up according to SOE's rules and had no idea that they were going to go live so soon after giving away beta slots.

BUT, on a brighter note, it seems that if you can get your hands on the copy of EQ2 on monday the servers WILL BE UP for people to start their adventure.

UI Modding
As far as I know the UI is modd'able but you still have to use the EQ2.INI file to tell it what to load. I have sent an email asking about the UI, but they are busy as expected, so I may not hear for a few days.

Good luck in the Shattered Lands! and see you all in Norrath!

- Kudane
Unread 11-06-2004, 07:09 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

wow....that sucks. i always kinda thought they'd stick a label on it marked "test server" and stick it in a corner somewhere. i guess now i'll have to spend all weekend bothering the gamestop and eb peoples.

Unread 11-06-2004, 08:09 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hey its all good with me, I only got to play a week but Im glad I still got to play. I have my Collectors Edition on reserve and hopefully it will be ready for me on Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon! Again thanks Kudane, Dolby and SOE for giving me the chance to play this game before it comes out, I had a really good time.
Unread 11-08-2004, 08:18 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost

I have heard mixed messages on this, but... With having the beta files installed, will you really need to wait till you have the CD's? I'm not sweating it...I know I'll have my stuff by Tuesday anyway...but for those that might have to wait longer...may be worth a try.