Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 04-11-2005, 02:04 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Skype™ to Eloa
Default [CONTRIBUTORS] Credits Page Updated

I have updated the maps.eq2interface.com credits page and think that I've gotten the most of everyone, but I know I have missed a few. If there's anyone that feels they have contributed to the project but is not listed on the page, or I did not get something that you did, please reply here and tell me what you did. Thanks all.

Eloa
Unread 04-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by _mapinfo.txt
EQ2MAP Core Development Team:
Deathbane27
diztorded
sunthas
taco-man
Zonx

Extended Development Team:
ger, who has contributed XML and graphics both for optional downloads and zone connection maps (/pout)

Map Related Websites:
SoulPl of **************, for having maps and info available to look at

Other Acknowledgements:
DizTorDed, for providing raw x/y values to help map, mapping and creating location icons
Eloa, for their quest system, icon system, great location icons, and mapping in general (Modest, eh? )
ger, for his alternate location icon graphics and zone connection maps
Humudce, for taking the time to help get BFZ zonerects
Killarny, for cheering us on and providing well organized quest data
Quib, I guess he did some stuff
SoulPl of **************, for having maps and info available to look at
Sunthas, for helping me map, mapping, location icons and being good morale support
taco-man, for .dds tips, maps, zonerects, location icons and the ZoneRect calculator
Tiggerdruid, for taking the time to help get BFZ zonerects
Tony (tonyis3l33t), for their help with location icons and all their mapping
Zonx (aka Fetish), for letting me use their fine-tuned Freeport location icons

Map Authors:
map_fallengate.dds - Tony (Anthony Phipps) and DizTorDed
map_firemystgully.dds - Tony (Anthony Phipps)
map_nektropos_castle.dds - Sunthas and Zonx
map_nektropos_castle2.dds - Sunthas and Zonx
map_stormhold4.dds - Sunthas
map_freeport_all_overlay.dds - ger
map_qey_all_overlay.dds - ger
world_map_overlay.dds - ger
I know there are other maps that have come out recently that I haven't listed here, mostly because I don't know which or who the authors are. I just can't help shaking the feeling that I'm loading an old/cached copy of the credits page somehow.
Unread 04-12-2005, 12:51 AM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to tonyis3l33t Send a message via Yahoo to tonyis3l33t

you are loading old stuff. Clear your temporary internet files.
the map authors havent been updated on the new one either.
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:29 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyis3l33t
you are loading old stuff. Clear your temporary internet files.
the map authors havent been updated on the new one either.
My temporary internet files clears every time I exit my browser. Comcast must be messing with me.
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:57 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

The core and extended team listings in the text file and on the site should at least match. I think Quib promoted a few ppl to "Core" team members since the last Credits page went up on the site.

Unless Deathbane, Diztorded, Sunthas, Taco and Zonx got demoted from core back down to extended??

/shrug. I'd check with Quib to see what he thinks is appropriate.
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:04 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Thats why I posted this
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:38 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Lol, I mean like poke him specifically about it if he doesn't respond here. He might gloss past this thinking its more for everyone else to comment on.
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Just checked on a coworker's computer that's never opened the EQ2MAP page before, and I was looking at the newest version. There definitely needs to be some reconciling between the text file and the web version. All of the stuff I posted from _mapinfo.txt above isn't included in the web version, although from what I could see all of the web info is in the _mapinfo.txt file.
Unread 04-12-2005, 12:34 PM
A Griffon

Attaching the newest form of the data recorded on the subject by myself. It's still quite outdated as it was last updated just a little bit after we moved to the auto-updating system.

What I propose you add, is something like a comment submission system for us EQ2MAP folks to use to actively add to the Acknowledgements. If someone with admin access updates something, they throw their name up with what theya dded, if a non-admin contributes something, then an admin adds them when they add the contributed work.

We'd probably have to manually reorganize the credits every so often, but that'd at least get the important data up there.

Quib
Attached Files
File Type: txt _mapinfo.txt (10.1 KB, 4558 views)
Unread 04-12-2005, 12:43 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
The core and extended team listings in the text file and on the site should at least match. I think Quib promoted a few ppl to "Core" team members since the last Credits page went up on the site.

Unless Deathbane, Diztorded, Sunthas, Taco and Zonx got demoted from core back down to extended??

/shrug. I'd check with Quib to see what he thinks is appropriate.
I should probably be extended and not core.
Unread 04-13-2005, 08:08 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

My opinion anyone? if you dont want it, just skip past this section...

Core team i think is the main developers who worked almost non stop on this thing for weeks. I think I have included those people in that category. I do however think that there should be another category added below core team and above extended team. I think I have got a way around this for everyone to be happier. I'll work on it as soon as I get time.
Unread 04-13-2005, 09:59 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

I just want the site and readme file to match.

I also think Quib, the project lead, should decide what's appropriate credit for each person. He's the person likely to have the best picture of who did what.
Unread 04-13-2005, 11:11 AM
a hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
I just want the site and readme file to match.

I also think Quib, the project lead, should decide what's appropriate credit for each person. He's the person likely to have the best picture of who did what.
Eloa was here next to me at the start. He observed the entire thing just like Quib. IMHO Eloa did a fine job. It's not like he is denying additions.
Unread 04-13-2005, 12:40 PM
A Griffon

I technically wasn't around right at first; Eloa and Tony were developing custom map windows independently of eachother, then Bobble dropped by and gave some hints on using the default map window, Deathbane27 took Bobble's hints and figured out how the map window worked, then I took the idea and ran with it. At least that's how I remember it.

Just after Dolby gave us our own forum and we went from a single thread to a whole forum is when it became overwhelming to keep track of the contributors. It won't actually be that hard to sort through the maps and match up authors and people who collected data with them; names are in the corner of most of them and the thread that it spawned from will have the people associated with that map.

That being said, I do have a pretty good idea of who did what, it's just a matter of getting it all down on text file. Some sort of comment submission system to the contributors page means I could just plug stuff in as I sort through stuff.

I think the hardest part will be making sure all maps are accounted for.

Quib
Unread 04-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Crushbone - Cronique

Server: Crushbone

I am just happy to hear people in game say, "I have EQ2Map... I can show you where it is."
Unread 04-13-2005, 06:24 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
I technically wasn't around right at first; Eloa and Tony were developing custom map windows independently of eachother...
Hehe, and I was already hacking the default map window with revised Freeport and CL POIs and icons

That's kinda my point. Early on there was alot of stuff being done independantly that wound up a part of the project. Tony, I'm not saying anyone is denying anything (not even sure how you got that impression), just saying Eloa probably doesn't have the best idea of what everyone has contributed. You guys were doing your thing, I was doing my thing. Quib came along and brought everything together.

Rather than trying to catagorize people's involvement, why not just list people and what they did? The whole "Core Team" vs. "Extended Team" thing is just asking for someone's feelings to get hurt. Seams to run counter to the whole "EQ2I Community Project" idea if yah ask me.
Unread 04-13-2005, 06:59 PM
A Griffon

To be totally honest, what I envisioned when I made the labels core and extended team, I was hoping that PMs would be directed at the core team members, so the extended team folks wouldn't get buried. I simply set them apart because I hoped they knew enough about the map window that they could answer questions. Later, I just added people in who had contributed significantly, especially in the mapping department. Hopefully you all haven't had much trouble with it, but troubleshooting EQ2MAP PMs can be total hell. I've had a nice drop-off off in number of PMs since the auto-updater made it's debut, and people are at least reading the part where they should go to the EQ2MAP forums for help.

We probably don't need the distinction anymore. Making sure everyone knows taco-man does the auto-updater, Eloa runs the website (and taco-man, I don't actually know what each of them did), and I'm the XML nazi will help get specific questions directed at the right people. Tony is the lead mapper, and I should stop being a jerk about the map graphics and let him make the final call on all map graphics (I stopped being anal about the maps along time ago, but I figured what I just said will emphasize that). So yeah, if there's a map that doesn't look like you like, please feel free to throw up a different DDS/JPG Tony. I was stupid about the Wailing Caves maps for example, and WC (East) could definately use a cleaner version.

Beyond that, Zonx, Deathbane27 and Talyns have contributed tons of graphics, code and ideas, ger has contributed Zone Connection Overlays and very nice icon graphics, there's a few very good mappers, and an army of POI submitters.

I think that's a fair summary; getting everyone's name down where I generalized will be the trickier part.

Oh, and as for the EQ2MAP team as in who has access to these forums and upload rights; it's a two-edged sword, I'd like more people to have access to the team forum, but the more people that have unrestricted upload rights, the worse. So yeah, that's why who is on the team as far as access rights go is sticky business.

Quib
Unread 04-13-2005, 10:19 PM
a hedgehog

heh poor quib. im pretty sure the reason you get bogged down with PM's is because you posted the files in the downloads section lol

EDIT: im redoing WC today

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 04-13-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Unread 04-14-2005, 06:29 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Everyone should be happy once again. It matches the text file. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and input.
Unread 04-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Er…I hate to have to say this, but the credits page is kind of jacked. It seems to have lost all formatting, and I believe you just copied what I had quoted above, which was only what hadn't been included from the TXT file—so now those that had previously been creditted aren't, and those that hadn't been are. (Not to mention that my two joking parentheticals got included—the "/pout" and the "Modest, eh? ")

I'm attaching a roughly formatted HTML version of the TXT credits section, hope it helps. (Yeah, yeah, I got lazy and used Word—normally I'd do the HTML by hand…but I figured you'd probably be editting it anyway)
(Note: Attachment ZIP'd so I could actually attach it)
Attached Files
File Type: zip _mapinfo.zip (4.8 KB, 218 views)
Unread 04-14-2005, 03:40 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

EDIT: I appreciate the effort, but unfortunately a word html file isnt possible see below.

LOL!!!!you used word to make an html file.........have you ever actually looked at the code it makes??? its the most hideous possible code know to man, think front page * 2^1023 times worse.

there are over 225 lines of code before any code that actually makes something show up to give you an idea of how crappy word is for making html files, they arent really even "html" files they are more like f'ed up xml stylesheet files.

Last edited by taco-man : 04-14-2005 at 03:44 PM.
Unread 04-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
EDIT: I appreciate the effort, but unfortunately a word html file isnt possible see below.

LOL!!!!you used word to make an html file.........have you ever actually looked at the code it makes??? its the most hideous possible code know to man, think front page * 2^1023 times worse.

there are over 225 lines of code before any code that actually makes something show up to give you an idea of how crappy word is for making html files, they arent really even "html" files they are more like f'ed up xml stylesheet files.
Yes, I have looked at the code,that's why I usually do HTML by-hand. Like I said, I was being lazy. I can redo it in a simple HTML (i.e. by-hand) format if you'd like.
Unread 04-14-2005, 06:30 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

yes that would be good, or even just in html instead of xml.
Unread 04-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Redone by-hand in Notepad (well, UltraEdit-32 if you want to get technical.) Still lazy-style, but this time without all the excess crud Word throws in.
Attached Files
File Type: zip credits.zip (2.3 KB, 220 views)
Unread 04-14-2005, 10:39 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

awesome, thanks i will change it now.

EDIT: done

Last edited by taco-man : 04-14-2005 at 10:59 PM.