EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 07-03-2019, 05:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Installing EQ2map on steam

I was pretty sure I saw a post with instructions on how to download the EQ2map on the steam version of EQ2 but I can't find it. Can someone please respond to this with the detailed instructions on how to link the map to the steam version of EQ2? Thank you in advance for your help with this.
Unread 07-04-2019, 09:46 PM
A Berserk Golem

All I could find was recent posts that indicated that people could do it through the regular EQ2 installer. I'm not sure that the steam version is able to work in conjunction with the eq2map updater. However, if you know where the steam UI folder for eq2 is, maybe you can simply direct the intaller to that folder? I think that's generally the way it works for regular UI's. Hopefully this helps a little. But you may just have to install the regular installer, and go with that.
Unread 07-06-2019, 03:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluja000 View Post
All I could find was recent posts that indicated that people could do it through the regular EQ2 installer. I'm not sure that the steam version is able to work in conjunction with the eq2map updater. However, if you know where the steam UI folder for eq2 is, maybe you can simply direct the intaller to that folder? I think that's generally the way it works for regular UI's. Hopefully this helps a little. But you may just have to install the regular installer, and go with that.
Yes I have come to the conclusion that there is no way to attach the map to the steam version so I will install from the website. But thank you for the answering my post
Unread 07-07-2019, 01:13 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Steam does work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelenna View Post
Yes I have come to the conclusion that there is no way to attach the map to the steam version so I will install from the website. But thank you for the answering my post
U can attach eq2mapudater and get it to work with steamversion.
download and extract files into your everquest2 folder. For example mine is under Program files- steam-steamapps-common-Everquest 2.

Then when u start updater it will ask for game directory, mine didnt recognize so i had to manually put it in there..but then download of files started n works perfectly.
Unread 07-07-2019, 03:00 PM
A Berserk Golem

Ah, just like you do with custom UI's then. Makes sense, even if it sounds overly complicated at times. I wish that the EQ2 folder was easier to find, I had to install mine to a completely different directory to make it easy to locate. Where it normally installs is just stupidly complicated and difficult to find.