EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-29-2012, 08:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default Ok, please help

Ok, I'm trying to download the updater. I get to the website where it says launch, I click it, keep the file. Click that and then nothing. A black screen comes up momentarily. Then nothing. Any ideas? Really starting to get my goat now. Is it because I'm in the UK?
Unread 03-30-2012, 12:25 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Make sure you've got Java installed. You'll need Java 6, the current release. Occasionally the automatic updates can leave things wonky, reinstalling the latest version of the JRE from the Java web site usually fixes that. If you're using 64-bit Win7, be sure to install the 32-bit version of Java first and then the 64-bit version.

Then, instead of keeping the file, allow the Java Web Start launcher to open the file. Saving the JLNP file doesn't quite work as expected, it needs to be opened within the browser.
Unread 04-06-2012, 05:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I tried that and it isn't having it. I'm getting a tad concerned with the update coming out lol Any further ideas or you reckon I should just download another ui... sniff, I love profit
Unread 04-06-2012, 10:16 AM
A Griffon

I think we need some more detail. You have the latest version of Java now, right? That would be Java 7 Update 1. The updater will work with older versions, but having the latest version is good.

You should be able to click the Launch button and have the thing just run. If that isn't what's happening, exactly what does happen?

Also, which version of Windows are you running?

I'd like to get this figured out. You can install Profit manually, but it's a nuisance and should not be necessary.
Unread 04-06-2012, 10:55 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Also, which version of which browser are you using? It makes a difference in how things are handled. In IE9 for instance I often get messages at the bottom of the window asking me to allow add-ons to perform operations.