EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2MAP New maps

Unread 03-24-2011, 10:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Grobb
Default [Map] Veksar: Sunken Theater

As a lover of Iksar lore, Veksar is a great zone to me. (The propensity of nameds and the relatively small footprint don't hurt either.) Caoimhin on Crushbone made a great Veksar: The Invasion map a while back, but I wanted to expand it to include the Sunken Theater areas. I have given Cao primary credit on the map graphic itself.

This is my first actual map contribution to this project, and I extend my great thanks to The Fallen Legion guildies Klerg Krushbone and Maitai for their invaluable contribution in assisting me in-zone as I attempted to finalize the zonerect.

Code:
<ImageStyle Name="exp05_dun_veksar_post_launch" displayname="Veksar: Sunken Theater" menugroup="Kunark" zonerect="-123, -241, 140, 63">
<ImageFrame Source="images/maps/exp05_dun_veksar_post_launch.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,504" />
</ImageStyle>
Thank you,
Sesketh (Everfrost)
www.TheFallenLegion.org
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	exp05_dun_veksar_post_launch.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	7698  
Attached Files
File Type: dds exp05_dun_veksar_post_launch.dds (107.4 KB, 441 views)

www.TheFallenLegion.org
Unread 03-25-2011, 10:19 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

So you are saying that Caoimhin's existing Sunken Theater map needs to be updated because the zone layout has changed or was never complete? Lower right part looks added?

As to your map image, two things:
  • we generally prefer if you do not put the actual map name on the image because SOE reuses zone layouts from time to time and in those cases we would like to reuse the map image, too. Giving credits and adding your name is ok of course
  • it's tiny, with a black bar of nothing at the bottom. I suggest you keep Caoimhin's map at it's original size and then scale the canvas to add your parts. Also I think it will look better if you pad the borders a bit instead of having the rooms partly overlaid by your border effect.