Unread 11-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Faetyl

See comments below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listor
First, I love this UI. It allows me to play the game with a similar look and feel to SOE's intended style, but with all the funcationality I am looking for.

That said, I'd like to see 2 modifications to the UI.

While both of these changes might not be for everyone, maybe you could include them as options in your Updater UI so they can be selected.

1. If the "notes" functionality is going to be included....please make the updater stop overwriting my notes. I have spent some time creating and keeping notes for my quests, and such and would like to keep my UI updated at the same time as keeping my notes in place. I currently have to copy out my text files each time I run the updater,,,and copy them back. Found this out the hard way after I had 5 very long notes that got overwritten without notice or an option to copy them.

(See options section in the AU and check the box that says "Do NOT overwrite newer files")

2. I would like an option to use another "Player Window". I prefer something that is a bit larger so I can see my health bar, and power bar especially as I'm running low on either one. I've found myself either running from an encounter too early, or too late because I can't see how much health is remaining easily. I'm usually otherwise pre-occupied to watch the number values closely during combat.

A couple of choices would be:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4025

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3988

(I'll see what I can do, just bare in mind every item you see within the ThorUI must be updated and maintained by the ThorUI team.

Right now that "team" consists of the following people:
Me

I'm all for sharing my mods with the community and offering all the options I can, but... I want to have some free time so that I may be able to play the game myself.

Thanks in advance!
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 12-01-2005 at 12:36 AM.
Unread 12-01-2005, 05:26 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
See comments below:

I completly understand you have limited time. We all appreciate your efforts in creating a fantastic UI option and sharing with the EQ2 community.

Thanks!
Unread 12-02-2005, 08:23 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Greetings,

I was wondering if you have been able to address the "miniMAP" issue? I have done a search of the forums but have not been able to find anything on this question.

Regards,
Unread 12-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

This sounds like a UI issue post rather than a Suggestion post

Either way, no.

There is nothing that I am aware of as of yet other than the fact no plugins worked with the new EQ2Map.

This of course was due to the major revamp posted within their forums and was resolved Thursday night If I am correct.

I am thrilled to have taco-mans grid back!

If you're aware of an issue that remains with the map plugins, please post your issue in the UI help forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrain
Greetings,

I was wondering if you have been able to address the "miniMAP" issue? I have done a search of the forums but have not been able to find anything on this question.

Regards,
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 12-02-2005, 11:33 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Highkeep
Send a message via AIM to Lycanthor
Default Market Window Search

I wish the selected item in the market window would update without having to click on it.

Example: I've sorted my vault items by whether or not they've been listed for sale. This way stuff I haven't priced/listed is on the top. I select the first item and set it's price. This causes the item to dissapear to the bottom of the list. The next item down now becomes highlighted. However, the item SELECTED at the bottom is still the item I just set a price on, not the next item I need to set a price for, as I would like it to be.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain. I'm sure others have seen this "problem."

LyCaNtHoR (Highkeep)
Unread 12-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I do indeed understand what your saying i've experienced it as well and concur it's very irritating.

What's even more irritating is i'm not able to do a thing about it...
The issue resides within how the data is sent to the server hence not updating to the correct item.
SOE will need to resolve the issue with how the data is updated.

An example on how to verify the issue is with the ThorUI before posting would be to use the default UI and see if it does the same thing you described here.

I'm 99% sure the issue is with the data not the UI but could be wrong...

I reserve the right to retract my statement due to ignorance...
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 12-02-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Unread 12-02-2005, 11:41 PM
A Brown Bear

I'd like to see the group windows (full versions) cleaned up just a little.
That damn 100% that never changes for the health and power of each group member is a little annoying, lol.
I like the seeing the actual numbers for the health/power, so the slim version isn't for me.
Thanks for listening.
Love the UI.
Unread 12-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Yeah, they are irritating me as well to be honest.

I've been waiting hoping SOE will start sending the dynamic data they promised.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-04-2005, 12:44 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock

As I'm not a modder, I'm not at all sure if this can be done, but for those percentages, is it in any way possible to create them yourself? as in

100x(current/max)

not at all sure if thats possible, but it would be sweet if it was.
Unread 12-04-2005, 12:52 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Target Window Suggestion

Hi,

Love the ThorUI, I'm discovering everyday new features that I never knew existed and having lots of fun with them!

One thing I noticed was that the mainhud_target window doesn't have the arrows (^^^) like that to tell you the difficulty of the monster. I love the enchanced window but can't use it, the arrows affect my judgement greatly as to whether or not I will attack a monster.

If you could add the arrows that would be awesome! Thanks so much for all your hard work!!

Kailora Kindheart
26 Illusionist
Crushbone Server

It's Peanut Butter & Jelly Time!
Unread 12-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Button on the top left corner of the target window switches between the new and old con system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailora
Hi,

Love the ThorUI, I'm discovering everyday new features that I never knew existed and having lots of fun with them!

One thing I noticed was that the mainhud_target window doesn't have the arrows (^^^) like that to tell you the difficulty of the monster. I love the enchanced window but can't use it, the arrows affect my judgement greatly as to whether or not I will attack a monster.

If you could add the arrows that would be awesome! Thanks so much for all your hard work!!

Kailora Kindheart
26 Illusionist
Crushbone Server

It's Peanut Butter & Jelly Time!
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-05-2005, 12:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

i have i idear.
could u make a button 2 turn off all the Dotts as sometime they realy get on my nervs

would be nice not to see them but be able to WP them
Unread 12-05-2005, 07:36 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFox
i have i idear.
could u make a button 2 turn off all the Dotts as sometime they realy get on my nervs

would be nice not to see them but be able to WP them
Down on the bottom right of the map window, there is a checkbox to do just this. At least I'm assuming that is what you are trying to ask for.....

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 12-07-2005, 03:50 AM
Snoogans!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen

Hello,

I just recently changed over to this UI after having used Jaxel's OCD interface. So far I am enjoying this UI and at the moment there is only one suggestion I have.

In Jaxel's target and implied target windows you could see the level of players no matter what. Even if they had /role or /anon enabled you could still see that when you targetted them.

This is a feature that I enjoyed and was wondering if it could be incorporated into your target and implied target windows?

Basically, if someone had /role or /anon enabled, instead of reading "Roleplaying" or "Anonymous" below their HP and power bars it would read "Level [#]". I don't know if you can make it still display their class, but that would be awesome too. Then it could just look like it does when soemone doesn't have /role or /anon enabled all the time.

Last edited by Mayve : 12-10-2005 at 11:20 PM.
Unread 12-07-2005, 04:06 AM
Snoogans!
Premium Member

(I realize this is from an old post but I thought I would post a reply to it since it's my first time reading it and it may still be helpful)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthor
I really love the enhanced shut down window with fast character switching. Of course, being a ThorUI user, I obviously demand more.

Sooo.. How bout a character switch that skips the delay for camping, and instead uses the /quit command, then loads up the next character?

LyCaNtHoR (Highkeep)
You can't bypass the countdown done by /camp because this how you actually log out. The other commands that exit without camping basically do a forced LD and can cause you to still be logged in for a bit.

You can however bypass the character select screen alltogether using a simple macro command

Line 1: /camp
Line 2: /cl_autoplay_allowed 1
Line 3: /cl_autoplay_char [character name]

Where [character name] = the name of the character you want to switch to as it appears on the character select screen. For example if I wanted to fast switch from an alt to my main I would make line 3 read:

/cl_autoplay_char mayve

Last edited by Mayve : 12-10-2005 at 11:20 PM.
Unread 12-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thank you Mayve,
I'll look into reimplementing that.
I actually had that same feature but took it out when making the target windows smaller.
Since I've made a medium and large version I would be happy to add this back into those versions.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-07-2005, 10:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Lightbulb

First of all love your work :P,

As we all know there is so many access quests ingame now was looking for some sort of check lists maybe linked to completed quests,,,I know there is a list of access quests,but having them linked to completed quests like a check list would b so helpful to some as there is 93+ quests its hard to keep track of them.

Just a thought maybe?

Last edited by leif : 12-07-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Unread 12-08-2005, 02:11 PM
A Grove Wisp

I love the feature where I am able to add notes in game by editing a txt file outside of the game. Is there any chance you can make them editable from within the game?
Unread 12-09-2005, 03:05 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Would love to but unfortunately can't be done.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Snoogans!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Thank you Mayve,
I'll look into reimplementing that.
I actually had that same feature but took it out when making the target windows smaller.
Since I've made a medium and large version I would be happy to add this back into those versions.

Cool, I look forward to seeing this added. Also, will this be something that is "Auto Updated" (i.e. a new download of the .xml files when it's ready) or will I have to go into the advanced settings to select a target window that has that feature?

Last edited by Mayve : 12-10-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Unread 12-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

It will auto update
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-28-2005, 11:35 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye
Send a message via MSN to Skinn

Hi, Fantastic UI.

Would it be possible to include the option of "Fetish's" Target/implied Target box as an option please?

Rather then the wings etc for the mobs, its quite simple and easy to see with text like "Weak, Avg or Heroic" letting you know whether u want to tackle that yellow con mob cause its weak rather then avg.

Just a thought anyways. Keep up the great work.
Unread 12-28-2005, 07:20 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinn
Hi, Fantastic UI.

Would it be possible to include the option of "Fetish's" Target/implied Target box as an option please?

Rather then the wings etc for the mobs, its quite simple and easy to see with text like "Weak, Avg or Heroic" letting you know whether u want to tackle that yellow con mob cause its weak rather then avg.

Just a thought anyways. Keep up the great work.
If you prefer to be able to determine mob difficulty with text instead of the brackets/wings, that can already be done using the target windows already provided with this UI. There is a button in the upper left corner of the target window that allows you to change between the two /con systems (arrows and text vs brackets).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 12-29-2005, 01:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena
Default higher screen resolution support?

It's a great looking UI mod. When I run it most of the elements work but I use a very high resolution of 1920 x 1200 to suit my widescreen monitor. This introduces problems which make the UI unusable. I'm not asking for help, just wondering if you could comment of the chances of widescreen resolutions being introduced? Many thanks!