EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 03-23-2021, 04:35 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Question Current status on 'Large' windows

Hi Darq,

First of all I'd like to thank you for making the DarqUI. It has been a great addition to my gameplay, especially the URL helper! I've recently started playing EQ2 on a 4K TV and I'm currently sticking with the 1920x1080 resolution because of the known UI scaling issues. I'm already using some of your 'Large' windows through the DarqUI client and was wondering what the current status is on the windows that are not being offered at the moment. Are there plans to make a 'Large' guild window, bags, character window, broker window, etc? Or are these maybe already included in the Darq Side patreon benefits? If so, then I'd really have to consider subscribing
Unread 03-23-2021, 06:29 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thank you for the feedback and for asking the question. Yes, a big part of the Darq Side membership is a growing collection of 2K- and 4K-friendly components. As of today we have 47 Large (2K) and 38 X-Large (4K) components, with another 4 of each size to be published in a couple of days. I wish I could offer everything with the free DarqUI version but some of the more complex windows take literally days to upsize, almost all of it by hand. But on the plus side the process has gotten a lot faster than it was a few months ago.

There are also a bunch of improvements, conveniences and automations built into in the patron-enabled UI that the members seem to be pretty happy with. One example: an "auto-seek" feature was added recently that automatically tab-targets and stops on your choice of NPCs, harvestables, etc. A few of the 2K/4K pieces are shown below. You should be able to download a sample 4K Broker file on the front page of the Darq Side, although the "official" 4K Broker has been refined considerably since that was published. I invite you to take a look -- a Legendary membership works out to about 10 cents per day, and even though I'm probably a little bit biased I think it's a pretty good value.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	character-sizes.png
Views:	3524
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	9304  Click image for larger version

Name:	tradeskills-sizes.png
Views:	3620
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	9305  Click image for larger version

Name:	transport-sizes.png
Views:	3648
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	9306  Click image for larger version

Name:	xl-sample3.png
Views:	666
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	9342  Click image for larger version

Name:	xl-sample2.png
Views:	1035
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	9343  

Click image for larger version

Name:	xl-sample1.png
Views:	654
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	9344  

Last edited by Darqwood : 08-23-2021 at 08:40 AM.
Unread 04-12-2021, 07:16 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Antonia Bayle

I love the larger windows on my 4k monitor. But what if I run my HB on my 2nd pc, how does DarqUI Unified react to this? The ui settings are client side, but what about some of the settings in Unified? Especially as a Patreon member?

If I edit all my windows and Unified settings on the tiny 27" 1920x1024 non 4k monitor, will it affect my 4k monitor settings?
Unread 04-12-2021, 09:48 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You can run separate copies of DarqUI, either free or premium, on both of your computers with no problems. Each PC will have its own DarqUI settings isolated to that computer. DarqUI doesn't try to sync anything to the cloud or between computers. But as an option you could back up your settings to a local network folder that both of your computers can see, which essentially lets you do your own syncing. Does that help?

Unread 04-13-2021, 05:28 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Antonia Bayle

Yes thanks, I have 2 different monitors with very different resolutions so do not want to have to fight the windows settings.