EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 03-27-2010, 12:59 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I like the smaller text. Several people have asked for "bigger" health or power bars. So it's hard to find a good medium. I like the overlaying names on the bars, but it would look strange with the overlay buttons.

I'll see if I can find some more ideas to make the window smaller but while still maintaining decent sided elements.
Unread 03-27-2010, 05:52 AM
A Griffawn

Server: Runnyeye

I don't know about others, but when I say "larger health bar", I simply mean it to be larger than the power bar, for example. Makes it easier for a healer to keep an eye on health, while "dimming" power because you don't care as much about it. I've recently gone back to raiding on my chanter, so I'd value a larger power bar.

Also, the clicky buttons of your UI are fairly big IMHO, you can safely make them a lot smaller. Probably even halve their size.

Some people like big interfaces, some like small interfaces. Pleasing both isn't easy. I'd probably argue that us raiders like small interfaces because we have to keep an eye on lots of information all the time, but we still like to have more than a 2x2 box in the middle of the screen of actual "game"
Unread 03-27-2010, 08:24 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswebstar View Post
I don't know about others, but when I say "larger health bar", I simply mean it to be larger than the power bar, for example. Makes it easier for a healer to keep an eye on health, while "dimming" power because you don't care as much about it. I've recently gone back to raiding on my chanter, so I'd value a larger power bar.

Also, the clicky buttons of your UI are fairly big IMHO, you can safely make them a lot smaller. Probably even halve their size.

Some people like big interfaces, some like small interfaces. Pleasing both isn't easy. I'd probably argue that us raiders like small interfaces because we have to keep an eye on lots of information all the time, but we still like to have more than a 2x2 box in the middle of the screen of actual "game"
^^ this

im playing a raid chanter too but i do not care that much about other groups power, usually 4 chanter or 3 chanter and usually the manaburning wizards yell if their power is gone anyway so i dont care about others power.

i like the idea of having the quickbuttons to dont target and cast stuff on someone but since in DrumsUI i have problems targeting people through raid/group window without clicking a quickbutton or need several clicks to get them i always click on their healthbar and have them targeted by a single click for sure. this is why i would disable quickbuttons for me. and i have the important stuff macroed anyways and on my hotbars to save time rebuffing them. for PUG the quickbuttons are very handy!

another reason not using quickbuttons on raidwindow is, the raidwindow is imho too big at the moment and i placed it on the far right side in middle of screen to have a good sight to the real game so its a bit too far away from my hotbars and watching area (detrimentals etc.) on the 3/4 left side bottom of screen. going to the raidwindow to rebuff someone and search for someone can be a "fail condition" in some fights if you get a curse or something and you dont see it and cast (anashti / miragul as example).

greetings Nimda

PS: im playing in 1600x1200 and i pref smaller stuff. if i play windowed in smallest resolution the raidwindow is the half of the screen (brokerwindow is as big as the whole screen). if i trio i do this... 3 windows in smallest resolution on my 1600x1200 desktop.
Unread 03-27-2010, 11:59 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks for the feedback guys. I play in 1680x1050 windowed but with the screen stretched across most of my monitor.

I'll do some experimenting
Unread 03-27-2010, 04:56 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. I play in 1680x1050 windowed but with the screen stretched across most of my monitor.

I'll do some experimenting
if i raid i do not box so i have only 1 instance of eq2 running and its windowed 1600x1200 (21" monitor)

there is space but ofc in my opinion its still too big
Unread 03-27-2010, 05:19 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default Screen Shots

I really don't know much about mods but when I was told about this one I went crazy with excitement. It makes the game much more playable. I was wondering, however, why my F10 button was no longer working in game. I am big on screen shots because of my guild and am unable to remove hotbars and such. Is this caused by the mod or is there an easy fix I just don't know about?
Unread 03-27-2010, 08:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTower9 View Post
I really don't know much about mods but when I was told about this one I went crazy with excitement. It makes the game much more playable. I was wondering, however, why my F10 button was no longer working in game. I am big on screen shots because of my guild and am unable to remove hotbars and such. Is this caused by the mod or is there an easy fix I just don't know about?
This mod should have no affect on windows being able to be hidden. Check your keybinds possibly, but nonetheless this mod doesn't change any of the keys
Unread 03-28-2010, 06:33 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I re-did the raid window using the updated default UI raid window. Didn't realize how much smaller they had made the default.
Anyhow, the updated DrumsUI raid window is 13 pixels less wide and 74 pixels less tall (almost a full group less tall).

I'll probably push this to the Updater this evening, and update the manual download (with the other changes I've done) late tonight, or tomorrow.

Cheers.
Unread 03-28-2010, 09:28 PM
A Sea Turtle

great news and ty in advance!
Unread 03-30-2010, 03:44 AM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.8

Update Log:
v1.8 - 2010.03.30
- New: You can now hide the quick cast buttons for the Group/Raid window via the settings window
- New: Group member's F2-F6 text now serves as a /follow button for each member
- Update: Raid window overhauled to be smaller in overall size. This change was based off the decrease in size to the default UI raid window. Quick buttons decreased in size by only 2 pixels. HP bars should be slightly thicker now as well.
- Update: Raid window's overall "background" was transformed into 4 backgrounds for each raid group. The window settings opacity still controls this change. It mainly was aimed at removing the extra "black space" around the window.
- Update: Group member's quick cast buttons trimmed down a bit, making more space to click on group members with the mouse
- Fix: Broker window's "Take Coin" button and Sell tab's header sort buttons are now fully clickable
- Fix: The curse icon on "yourself" in the group window is now displaying the proper graphic
- Fix: Clicking the "Enter" key while hovering the group window should no longer trigger one of the quick cast buttons
- Fix: Maintained window icon's "spell amount" slightly increased in width to accomodate larger numbers (wards, etc)
- Fix: Stat bar had several elements widths fixed as noted by several users' feedback

Before updating, save your /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.7 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the drumsui_textsettings.xml file if you already have it, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons
Unread 04-04-2010, 01:29 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I skipped 1.7 so I didn't notice the include self in the group window until today. The problem with including self is that it only shows yourself in the group window if you are grouped. So if you hide the player window to reduce clutter, then when soloing you can't see your own health/power at all. Otherwise, if you are grouped then showing self in the group window is redundant. I will throw the bid in for a variant that does not include self... unless you can make the interface show self in the group window even when you're not grouped.
Unread 04-04-2010, 03:34 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The main reason for having the player window, is for non-priests to self cure with potions.

The group window buttons are reserved for group spells. I "could" change it so that "yourself" in the group window uses the player cure settings, but not everyone may like this.

I already plan to include a group window variant without "yourself" included, as requested (I believe on the download page comments)

Cheers.
Unread 04-05-2010, 12:09 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost

Small issues I've found recently: the share button on the completed quests window often seems to overlap with the area to make it repeatable only quests, and as a result half the time when I try to share it just toggles repeatable quests.

A lot of player written books use special formatting for borders, and using the DrumsUI font for those books messes up the visuals. Would it be possible to use the default font/window for player written books without affecting anything else?

Also, thanks for the smaller raid window and adding the player window to the group window. Conserves screen real estate and I haven't had any issues with seeing people's HP on my healers or their power on my raid chanter
Unread 04-05-2010, 04:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I'll have to fix up the journal button.
As for player books, that's strange. Not even sure what window that uses?

Glad you like the raid window changes. Haven't heard too much feedback on the updates yet
Unread 04-05-2010, 06:00 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Unkown

Hi been useing your interface for awhile and its great ,one request in stat bar would it be possiable to put in text location and number compass location?

Thanks
Unread 04-05-2010, 06:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakfn View Post
Hi been useing your interface for awhile and its great ,one request in stat bar would it be possiable to put in text location and number compass location?

Thanks
Yeah for sure. I'll add it to my list of "things to add to the stat bar"
Unread 04-06-2010, 03:14 AM
A Griffawn

Pretty happy with the raid window size changes tbh

I still miss the simplicity and DRY of Razc, but this is getting pretty damn nice.
Unread 04-15-2010, 03:59 PM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Downloaded the new group frame and would like to thank you for the quick cast button hiding, it's fantastic! I'm not a fan of the self showing in the frame but you've already mentioned plans for a window that doesn't include it.

edit: nvm, disabling smart cures lets me click anywhere on the detrimental area to cure.

Last edited by Qupe : 04-15-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Unread 04-15-2010, 06:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Glad ya like it

And as usual: been busy, and will get to mentioned updates/changes as I can
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nektulos
Default Used Profit but love this UI

Very nicely done. Two things I miss are the AFK click on the Player window and quick zone status access. But I absolutely love everything else about it. (I do use the RickF7666 persona window, it is the bomb!)
Unread 05-02-2010, 05:28 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Vista

I tried the instuctions that you gave for the full version interface, but it's not activating when I paly the game. I am running Vista and not very computer savy so please help me with this problem. Like I said I did the instructions step by step and word for word but no luck.
Unread 05-02-2010, 05:32 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranana View Post
I tried the instuctions that you gave for the full version interface, but it's not activating when I paly the game. I am running Vista and not very computer savy so please help me with this problem. Like I said I did the instructions step by step and word for word but no luck.
Are you installing the normal Full Version, or are you trying to run the Auto-Updater?

If you're having trouble installing the UI yourself, the Updater version might assist you with that:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...UIUpdater.html
Unread 05-02-2010, 06:30 PM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranana View Post
It usually helps giving a detailed description of what you see, what you expect to see, etc.

From what you say, I'd say you're not seeing the UI actualling being used in-game. This happens when you don't modify the UI path in eq2.ini. If you open this file with a text editor (notepad works), one of the first 2-3 lines should be:

Code:
cl_ui_skinname DrumsUI
You need to change the one that says cl_ui_skinname to what you see above. The auto-updater does this for you I think.
Unread 05-02-2010, 07:01 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.9

Update Log:
v1.9 - 2010.05.02
- New: Player window options window now has a toggle for Smart Curing
- New: Group window options now has a toggle for "self" (F1) for normal and with-Pet versions.
- New: Hotbars now have a grab handle when hovering over them to more easily move them around/access the right-click options.
- Update: Switched both Group and Raid windows to use r1-r24/g1-g6 commandline casting. This opens more support for international players and maintains Battlegrounds functionality. (Affects both normal and with-Pets version of group window)
- Update: The Stat Bar has new stats added: PVP Crit Mit (goes live GU#56), Accuracy, Flurry, BlockMod, Spell Reuse, ZoneArea name, and Location.
- Update: Browser window has been overhauled to include 4 tabs. It is now equiped with a "Favorites" dropdown menu which can be edited from DrumsUI_browser_favorites.xml!
- Update: Hotbars' overlays will now auto-config themselves when loading into game. (Previuosly they waited for a mouse-over, which will still work in the event auto-config fails)
- Update: The journal window has been made ready for GU#56 and the Storylines feature.
- Update: The persona window's weapon stats width areas were increased to accommodate larger numbers. New Stats added: PVP Crit Mit (goes live GU#56), Flurry, and Spell Reuse (this is different than Ability Reuse).
- Fix: The checkbox on the Completed quest tab of the Journal should no longer over the Share quest button.
- Fix: The Market windows Advanced Search options pops up more to the left. Mousing over the sell tab causes this window to hide itself. Hopefully this change will prevent that from happening as much.
- Fix: The Seller information in the Market window now has a tooltip. If the seller text is too long to fit, just mouse over it to see the full location.

Before updating, save your /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.8 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the drumsui_textsettings.xml file if you already have it, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons
Unread 05-03-2010, 01:57 PM
A Sea Turtle

very nice changes and updates!

but i dislike the small grab squares. i use very small hotbars and the small square overlaps half of the button to the far right and make it hard to hit.

i think its not a good idea to add a toggle to the hotbar options window to toggle it on and off for each hotbar. possible to get a toggle to the player cure settings window? or in status bar settings window?

ofcourse i like it to drag around the bars but i dislike it if i dont need to move the bars and mouse over happens to often.

greetings
N1Md4