EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-14-2009, 07:35 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default EQ2i new map updater

I just downloaded the new map updater after already having its previous version. I kind of downloaded it the same way I did the last version. I put it into the following folders: Program Files>Sony>EverQuestII>UI. When I did this, another UI folder started off of the previous UI folder, and this one had the EQII Updater in it. So I turned it on and noticed all the new icons on my map in game. It was cool. About a week later during startup, it prompted me to download the newest update. I did so. When I tried to sign onto the updater, an error message popped up stating the version I was using didn't match the version the server was using. How can I fix this? I really want the updater to be current and refreshing itself automatically. If I want to play EQII I have to use the Sony Station utility to load the game. I can do this if I have to, but I'd prefer to use the updater. Can anyone render me some easy to understand assistance? Bear in mind, I'm over 30, so I don't catch on to this software stuff as fast as you younger fellas do. Thanks for your help!
Unread 01-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

The installer shouldn't be itself installed to your UI Folder.

Please be clear when you say updater -- there is the EQ2MAP Auto Updater, and then there is the SOE EQ2 patcher (and then there is also the SOE unified patcher that is currently in Beta).

I assume its the EQ2MAP updater telling you you don't have the current version? Or do you mean that when you log in to EQ2 it is telling you that it doesn't match the server and booting you?
Unread 01-14-2009, 09:54 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draegaar View Post
When I tried to sign onto the updater, an error message popped up stating the version I was using didn't match the version the server was using. How can I fix this?
That only makes sense if you are talking about the game here and not the EQ2MAP updater, and the solution is to update your game (launchpad or station launcher).