EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-01-2009, 03:03 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia
Default bags move when task switch

Ok, I don't know what changed. But seems recently the bags are not staying where they are locked if a <alt+enter> task switch is done. When back to full screen the bags ALL shift down and this is really annoying. It never used to do this. I tried even with default bags, they do the same thing.

I do play in letterbox mode. This was never issue until just before the frostfell update. Prior to Frostfell I could swap window/full at any given time and the bags always stayed put. Now they shift down (the amount of shift is the difference between full mode and windowed mode measurement) when back full. Is there anything I can set in the bag.xml that will prevent them from shifting on alt-enter?

I tried fixed, fixed pack location - right,bottom - left,bottom (the default) - left,top - right,top and even center,center. If anyone knows how to fix this shifting please let me know. It is very annoying having to reset bags every time I swap full to windowed.
Unread 01-01-2009, 03:15 PM
A Griffon

Default Noticed something!!

Ok, if I position all my bags and lock them one by one, then open/close them ONE by ONE, and alt-enter....they STAY! No matter how many times I alt-enter.

HOWEVER, if I use Alt-B to open / close all, they SHIFT!! They move exactly like they do if you change the letterbox size as well. If I adjust letterbox, they immediately shift!

SO, it appears it has something to do with the open / close all command and the window positions not staying.

Any insight????
Unread 01-01-2009, 03:32 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I've been receiving reports about bags moving around since I started modding here, so it is nothing new per se, you were just lucky. Have you tried resetting your uisettings.ini for testing to see if that changes something?

Your second post is interesting though, you could try sending Rothgar a PM about it, maybe he'll look into it.
Unread 01-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

More than just bags move when you resize the game window from windowed to fullscreen. It's been happening for a long time... keeping the windows approximately the same size seems to help.
Unread 01-01-2009, 04:05 PM
A Griffon

Default more info

Ok, I deleted all .ini files. reverted to default ui files. Deleted all cache etc. as per SOE troubleshooting UI issues. The same exaxt thing happens using SOE defualt ui files and newly created character.ini file.

So it is not tied to custom bags, nor changing of character .ini files.
I also noticed, when resizing the letterbox not all bags move. Some remain FIXED, yet the rest of the bags all move. This also is the same behavior of the bags in Bank and shared bank. Some move with lettebox resize. BTW, same effect as the full/window mode. Easier to test via letterbox sizing results in same thing.
Also, noticed it does not matter if letterbox is max or min or inbetween. The bags are shifting on letterbox change and/or alt-enter. Even with letterbox at min setting.

Still seems the open all/close all bags is the biggest culprit of the bags moving.

Once I deleted the files and started from scratch, the bags remained where placed no matter how many times I swapped window/full or resized letterbox. AS sson as I used alt-b and tried alt enter again..BAM...they shifted!!!

Last edited by depechenode : 01-01-2009 at 04:17 PM.