Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Closed Thread
Unread 07-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin
Default eXtremeUI OutDated use v2 thread!

eXtremeUI is a complete remake of the Everquest 2 user interface. I tried to make eXtremeUI with as much eye candy as possible while still having a great deal of functionality. I have tried to include the most popular features into eXtremeUI as possible and adding more as the users suggest them.

Go HERE to download eXtremeUI and to see some screen shots of it.

UPDATES:

Update 1.12.9
===============
• Fixed the chat tab issue.
• Reworked extreme_wedgits.dds and the default background. They are now half the size they once where and shouldn’t take up so much memory.
• Added stats to the start button in the 1024/1280 res option.

Update 1.12.8
===============
• Added a new page to the experience window; I was so impress with Profits experience display I added one like it to eXtreme. To see a large read out for you Adv exp just click the up arrow key above the one use to rotate through exp bars.( next release I’ll have it showing TS and Guild exp )
• Added what I call a Health HUD. It’s a large read out of your health range or a group members health range. To view it, click on the Health HUD button on the button bank in the exp window. You can switch from your heath to the last selected group members health by dotting the new dot-box on the player window. Click on F2-F6 in the group window to set that group members heath to the Health HUD. You can turn off the frames and adjust the background to you liking.
• Fixed the hotkeys/hotbars so they resize correctly. ( I have no idea how they got broke in the first place )
• Spiced up the Character select screen a bit. ( work in progress )
• Added a new font for window titles. ( work in progress, still haven’t decided on a font I like for there )
• Added two new fonts.
• Minor tweaks here and there.

Update 1.12.7
===============
• MOG! Added beta support for 1024 x XXX.
• All new Maintained window, now comes with a mini stat strip for tanks.
• Upgraded Market, Skills, Exp and Startbutton windows. ( used profits icon style for the effects icons )
• Auto-banking has been fixed.
• Many more tweaks here and there.
• Added Crushing, Slashing, Peircing stats to the player window. To view them you need to turn the frame on. To trun the stats off just turn the frames off. ( in the player window )

Last edited by Landiin : 05-22-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Unread 07-04-2005, 03:41 AM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Excellent work on your mod! A lot time must have been spent on detail. I have tried it out running 1600x1200, and it looks great, and I love the six hotbars (you've inspired me to redo my hotbar config.. The whole XP window is beyond awesome. And I have yet to figure out all the perks of the inventory, but from what I've seen I'm very impressed. I have found a few things so far that either don't work right, or have small problems. They are listed below:

1. None of the pet command buttons work. I hit attack and he looks at me stupid. He wont even "go" which I image is dismiss.
2. In the knowledge window, the Tradeskills button does not move with the rest of the buttons, so if you try to shrink the window horizontally it disappears.
3. The Next button on the tradeskill window is only about half a button. You can only click on the left half. The right half of this button is dead.
4. In player search the level is getting cutoff for some players, can't see the last digit on their level.
5. Only the background of the quest journal resizes. The inner area does not resize to fit the window when it is drug.
6. In the Skills window the last digit of some MAX skill numbers are getting cut off like the player search window. Also black text is hard to read. Light blue would be better.
*Edit*
7. Hard to see on the screen cap, but evident in game. The XP whole number and decimal numers are kinda mashed, they need to have a little seperation.
8. When the target window is open it is very difficult to press the Start Button.
9. The pet power percentage is actually the pet health percent. Just need to change the Dynamic data for the pet power percent.
10. It might just be me, but I cannot find weight listed anywhere.

That's all I found, just some minor cosmetics (except for the pet buttons a necro is useless until he can tell his pet to attack).

I have posted some screen shots of the visual errors to help you out.

p.s. The Full screen button was genius.

Peace out.
MackGee

*Edit*
You suck.. I was going to bed, but now I'm still up past 4am because I can't stop playing with your mod..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	excap.jpg
Views:	2916
Size:	325.4 KB
ID:	3067  

Last edited by mackgee : 07-04-2005 at 04:50 AM.
Unread 07-04-2005, 04:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

is there any chance in the future of a 1280x1024 version like perdition
i loaded this one and checked it out i love the work you have done but play in that setting
Unread 07-04-2005, 04:53 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
1. None of the pet command buttons work. I hit attack and he looks at me stupid. He wont even "go" which I image is dismiss.
2. In the knowledge window, the Tradeskills button does not move with the rest of the buttons, so if you try to shrink the window horizontally it disappears.
3. The Next button on the tradeskill window is only about half a button. You can only click on the left half. The right half of this button is dead.
4. In player search the level is getting cutoff for some players, can't see the last digit on their level.
5. Only the background of the quest journal resizes. The inner area does not resize to fit the window when it is drug.
6. In the Skills window the last digit of some MAX skill numbers are getting cut off like the player search window. Also black text is hard to read. Light blue would be better.
*Edit*
7. Hard to see on the screen cap, but evident in game. The XP whole number and decimal numers are kinda mashed, they need to have a little seperation.
8. When the target window is open it is very difficult to press the Start Button.
9. The pet power percentage is actually the pet health percent. Just need to change the Dynamic data for the pet power percent.
1. OMG! hmm i used eq's pet command will fix that
2. Yea, its a weared oddity. The window works on one toon but not the other. I'll just redo it from scratch.
3. See 2 :P
4. Thanks for the catch will be fixed in v 1.0.2
5. lol ok that will be corrected in v1.0.2 also. I f,f the inner page to shrink the over all window.
6. see 4. I must of fell aslep doing that window, that should of stuck out like a hurt thumb.
7. Yea I wasn't happy with that myself such a small place. I'll resize some things to fit better.
8. Ok will make that alway on bottom so it don't over lap the start button.
9. Damn I keep getting owned by copy and paste :P lol

Thanks for your commets and spotting mackgee. I'll have v1.0.2 up tomorrow with these fixed.. Hopfully the knowledge window too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas67
is there any chance in the future of a 1280x1024 version like perdition
i loaded this one and checked it out i love the work you have done but play in that setting
I do have a ui setting file for that rez, but u lose the top chat window and 3 hot bars. Once all the bugs and I get every thing into place, I will work on killing some dead space what little there is on the main display.

worning didn't prof-read my reply its to late I need some sleep lol
Unread 07-04-2005, 06:10 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Props on getting this UI to the masses, it looks pretty sweet. Here are some issues i'm having, and suggestions I have for overall improvement:

1. The target window sits in its place a little sloppily, I was wondering if you might clean up the borders along the bottom of the target window, and along the top of the player and Start/casting bar windows, so they look a little more uniform in their places.

2. The background of the journal helper window cannot be faded, and the "extreme UI" text in the background makes reading the text in the helper window difficult. Please offer a blank background or make the background opacity fadable.

3. The UI settings ini file you included is very appreciated even if it is not the resolution I use (1200x1600). However you were in a chat channel called "dragan" when you saved and included it with your mod, and I don't think anyone else needs to have this channel included automatically with this mod. The channel cannot be removed from the chat options window, and though you are not in it when you log on, any subsequent channels you join will labeled from 2 and up instead of starting with channel 1, which channel dragan has taken hostage in limbo somewhere. Perhaps a minor annoyance, but those of us in several channels have memorized the numbers associated with them, colors too, and this can confuse things.

4. My sound settings do not save when I log off. I prefer no music at all, and master game volume at about half, but after I set these and log out and back in, everything is maxed again. I don't touch the sound button on the UI that's with all the other performance and shortcut buttons.

5. In keeping with the overall theme of this UI, I think the bag windows are too large at normal size. It would be great if you used....whatever the reduced sized bag mods usually are....75%?

That's all for right now. Keep up the good work

Last edited by Eloora : 07-04-2005 at 06:46 PM.
Unread 07-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
Props on getting this UI to the masses, it looks pretty sweet. Here are some issues i'm having, and suggestions I have for overall improvement:

1. The target window sits in its place a little sloppily, I was wondering if you might clean up the borders along the bottom of the target window, and along the top of the player and Start/casting bar windows, so they look a little more uniform in their places.

2. The background of the journal helper window cannot be faded, and the "extreme UI" text in the background makes reading the text in the helper window difficult. Please offer a blank background or make the background opacity fadable.

3. The UI settings ini file you included is very appreciated even if it is not the resolution I use (1200x1600). However you were in a chat channel called "dragan" when you saved and included it with your mod, and I don't think anyone else needs to have this channel included automatically with this mod. The channel cannot be removed from the chat options window, and though you are not in it when you log on, any subsequent channels you join will labeled from 2 and up instead of starting with channel 1, which channel dragan has taken hostage in limbo somewhere. Perhaps a minor annoyance, but those of us in several channels have memorized the numbers associated with them, colors too, and this can confuse things.

4. My sound settings do not save when I log off. I prefer no music at all, and master game volume at about half, but after I set these and log out and back in, everything is maxed again. I don't touch the sound button on the UI that's with all the other performance and shortcut buttons.

5. In keeping with the overall theme of this UI, I think the bag windows are too large at normal size. It would be great if you used....whatever the reduced sized bag mods usually are....75%?

That's all for right now. Keep up the good work
1. I agree with you and never was happy with its alignment. I had so many windows to convert that I got it close and moved on. I do plan on making it fit right I just wanted to get it out.

2. I thought of someone might have troube reading it when that there but ever one I talked to said they didn't. I will make it fadeable in v1.0.2

3. Oops Thought I left that channel before I added it, sorry

4. I already have that fixed and will be in with v1.0.2

5. see 4

Thanks for your suggestions and keep them coming
Unread 07-04-2005, 08:41 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

1. Maybe make the start window page bigger (but retain the button graphic size), So it has a larger clickable area that wont cause problems when the target window is on show, Because of the corners...

2. Just set the opacity to a lower value maybe in that window ? i think its a nice touch to have the UI name in there? .. or is that just vanity? lol

3. I didnt use the UI settings file!!.... I deleted the one for my my char that I logged on using this mod at a res of 1280x1024 and found all the mian windows to be in the right locations.... some frame settings etc was borked but hey!! thats not hard to put right.... means they been placed right in the UI builder for the res.. not many peeps do that.. and I am one lol

4. Not tested

5. /agree ... need smaller bags

Also the 4th conc bubble is yellow all the time.. just a visible tag prob i thinks..

The rest of the Inv needs to be a bit bigger maybe? , when you hit the button... Funny enough I did think of doing that myself but never got round to it lol you beat me to it

The target window has 2 sets of health bars ... bottom and top right... maybe better if you scale down the bottom bars and stick target name in there (same position but lower down) ... And use the 'mold' for the top section as the Implied target ? maybe ... overall effect will be the same.

No contradictions here... just a few surgestions... Above all a damn good UI, Nice work bud
Unread 07-05-2005, 12:52 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Kithicor

also a quick note forgot a few windows in your skinning, the map window and the pop up menu from the eq2 start button.
Unread 07-05-2005, 01:19 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Default Addon for modified Target/Implied Target windows.

One thing I usually don't like on my UI is repetitive info. For example on your eXtreme UI you have the player health/power bars on both the player window, and the target window. I did some brainstorming and came up with an idea that suited my need, and did a little modding to your target and implied target windows in UI Builder. I have to use UI builder because when I see all the coding it's like reading Russian.

Basically what I did is I took the implied target window and combined it with the target window. So the bars that were used for player health/power are now the implied target bars (percentages were changed as well). In order to fit all this in the target window I had to make the fonts smaller (still very legible at 1600x1200), and reduce the size of the boxes where the names and level info for the target & implied targets are.

The main advantage to this mod is that it does away with the stacked implied target window and save a little space. You will see that once your implied target window pops up it is only the implied targets name & level in a little box, because the health/power bars are part of the actual target window. You’ll just have to move the implied target box on top the target window, which you can see from the screen cap the final result.

The drawback is that in some cases where the target or implied target has a looooong name (any pet for a summoner) then it is cut off. Summoning classes are used to this though with custom UI's. Also this addon will only with the old style (v0) con system, if you use the fancy frames (which I hate) then stick to the original target/implied taget windows.

Anyhow, I attached come screen caps of what I did, and have submitted my work as an addon for my new favorite UI.

Thanks again Landiin for all your work.

Screen cap is a little wrong because the target & implied target names are centered, not left justified.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	target.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	3072  Click image for larger version

Name:	target2.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	3073  

Last edited by mackgee : 07-05-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Unread 07-05-2005, 02:48 AM
A Brown Bear

How are you guys getting this to work in 1600x1200?? I copied all the files over, and when I started it up everything is all mismatched, and not in the correct place. To say I have been looking forward to this UI is an understatement, I just wish it looked correct on my screen.
Unread 07-05-2005, 04:49 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

The sole reason I put the players heath in the target window was because when its easy to see my heath and the mobs heath by just glancing the target. I thought of this while using laff's ui, but you guys are right, with the player weindow where it is, its just as easy to see there. So I'll move some more things around and lose some more UI screen space

Naelael best I can do is 1600x1024 my crapy mon freeks out when I go up to 1200. It 'SHOULD' adjust down just fne because I have the bottom part of the UI tied to the bottom of the screen. But who knows is that works lol..

Last edited by Landiin : 07-05-2005 at 04:52 AM.
Unread 07-05-2005, 07:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I uhh.. may be slightly retarded this early in the morning, but I can't seem to find where to download this Mod... seems interesting, would like to play with it...
Unread 07-05-2005, 08:50 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk
Send a message via AIM to Franpan Send a message via MSN to Franpan Send a message via Yahoo to Franpan

help.. i cant find the archive in the Complete Sets section..

Unread 07-05-2005, 12:27 PM
A Brown Bear

I'll see if I can figure out a way to get everything to look right in 1600x1200. Does anyone have an INI file they could upload with the correct default setting in 1600x1200?

If nobody does, I can upload one after I get the thing looking right.
Unread 07-05-2005, 12:35 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelael
I'll see if I can figure out a way to get everything to look right in 1600x1200. Does anyone have an INI file they could upload with the correct default setting in 1600x1200?

I will upload mine tonight after work if there isn't one by that time.
Unread 07-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelael

The new .ini in v1.0.2 don't work Naelael?
Unread 07-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeredsxt
I uhh.. may be slightly retarded this early in the morning, but I can't seem to find where to download this Mod... seems interesting, would like to play with it...
Your not , I updated it to v1.0.2 and it takes a bit for them to aprove it, so it will not show up till it is.
Unread 07-05-2005, 02:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi

Fist of i tried the Ui now and its extreamly nice, buth there r however a fiew things im having problems with..

I cant get any "window settings" on an examined item, so i cant move that window?

Also ..the Xp % doesnt seam to update every kill? it only updates when 1% is done?

had problems picking up collectable items also ..not shure if that is Ui related tho

This is a very nice Ui and it will be eaven better whan a fiew bugs are sorted out ..thanx so much for making it =)
Unread 07-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by python
Hi

Fist of i tried the Ui now and its extreamly nice, buth there r however a fiew things im having problems with..

I cant get any "window settings" on an examined item, so i cant move that window?

Also ..the Xp % doesnt seam to update every kill? it only updates when 1% is done?

had problems picking up collectable items also ..not shure if that is Ui related tho

This is a very nice Ui and it will be eaven better whan a fiew bugs are sorted out ..thanx so much for making it =)
Hmm I see whats up with the examined window, you should be able to pull a windows wetting screen up. In the mean you can use the unlock all button in the options to unlock it and move it to where u like it.

Xp% Hrmmm Looking into

The UI shouldn't be making it so u can't pick up collectables, but I'll test it and see.
Unread 07-05-2005, 04:23 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
The new .ini in v1.0.2 don't work Naelael?
I had 1.0.1 we'll see

Last edited by Naelael : 07-05-2005 at 04:36 PM.
Unread 07-05-2005, 04:36 PM
A Brown Bear

Disreguard, I messed something up. your INI works fine. thanks!

Last edited by Naelael : 07-05-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Unread 07-05-2005, 05:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I noticed an error with the skills page for the extreme UI. When you try to bring up the skills window, I cannot change to the combat skills or the tradeskills tabs. I don't know if I'm just missing it, but hitting the next page, or last page only reviews the basic skills page. Is there a patch out there to fix this?
Unread 07-05-2005, 05:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Found another thing just now...

The "Find selected item" in the house store window ...doesnt seam to find any items at all
Unread 07-05-2005, 05:48 PM
A Brown Bear

I can't bring up an invintory window.
Unread 07-05-2005, 07:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Thanks for the update. Here are my updated issues

1. Sound settings still not saving upon relogging.

2. The market window cannot be resized and is rather large. Also there is no just-press-enter ability when doing a search.

3. The quest helper background still cannot be faded...dunno if you got around to that or not yet.

4. The 1600x1200 ui settings file was close but no cigar. The group, maintained, player, casting and the one hotbar window were all on top of each other at the bottom of the screen, as were most of the additional hotbars on the right side.

Regards,
-M
Closed Thread