EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 06-01-2007, 10:41 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Player/Group Window Request/Assistance

I have used this UI since its first day it was created and continue to be impressed by how it has developed over the last few years.

I raid a lot and many of our raid force that also use this UI would be interested to know is it possible for the trauma, arcane icons when pressed to use a remedy potion instead of casting the appropriate spell?

This would make using the right potion/remedy for the right type of dot a speedy process and would be of a huge asset to us all.

I look forward to your response on this topic and thank you in advance for taking the time to consider this request.
Unread 06-01-2007, 12:06 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

This might be possible. Some things to consider would be:

Would you want the buttons in the player and the group window to do this? That would involve changing both windows of course.

Do you use only Grandmaster remedy potions or would you ever want to use the lower ones?

Would you need to be able to switch from healer mode (cure buttons) to mage mode (arcane cure I think) to fighter/scout mode (potion buttons)?

Then the technical question is whether you can make a script use an item in your inventory. When you save a macro file it shows a command called inventory_hotkey itemID# so someone would have to test out that command to see if it actually does anything in the game.

In the end, it may be easier to have the potions on your hotbar anyways. When they're on your hotbar, you can can see how many potions you have left and if the recast timer is done yet. With buttons you wouldn't have either of those features.
Unread 06-02-2007, 12:19 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thanks for the reply.....

I am looking for the change to be made to just the group window in all honesty so that the icon when pressed uses the potion that cures the appropriate dot. The recast time on the remedy potions is 15 secs so when raiding I don't foresee an issue with the potion not being ready when you next need to cure yourself.

There is no doubt that for a fighter/scout class the ability to press the icon under their name in the grp window to self cure the dot as oppose to thinking which potion on their hotbar cures the relevant dot would save valuable seconds and that will be the difference between life and death on some encounters.

As for the type of potion then all of our raid force use the grandmaster apart from trauma where we use master's trauma remedy.

Look forward to further feedback and many thanks in advance.
Unread 06-02-2007, 01:38 AM
An Undead Settler

Server: Nektulos
Default Hmm will test out

Would be interesting to see if that command works. If it does then there really is a whole slew of customized mods like this one being ask for now that can be made. Seems more like a mod that you would have to edit though for your particular needs. It completely depends on on if the command is or isn't there to do it then it. Will have to test this out. As of yet, however, I have never heard of a command that will allow you to do what you ask. There would be a definate plus to being able to do so for certain classes. Unfortunately using an item from your inventory by command line is not possible as far as I know.

Sage

Last edited by michsageman242 : 06-02-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Unread 06-02-2007, 01:52 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Fingers crossed

I have my fingers crossed

Many thanks for looking into this and I look forward to your response in due course.
Unread 06-02-2007, 10:34 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Lucan DLere

Hmm, no, sorry there isn't a command in the game that I know of to use an item from your inventory-- inventory_hotkey doesn't do anything.

I normally have all 4 cure potions just lined up on a small hotbar in the corner, exactly in the order that they appear in my player window so it's pretty easy to cure anything.
Unread 06-19-2007, 02:14 AM
Snoogans!
Premium Member

Server: Befallen

An alternative to this could be something similar to the FBE Macro

You could make a macro that puts the potion in your charm slot, uses it, and then puts your old charm item back.

The question from there would be could the cure buttons trigger a macro?
Unread 07-26-2007, 05:24 AM
Snoogans!
Premium Member

Server: Befallen

Just wanted to bump this, saw something in the new/updated files list that looked to be what you are looking for. It's for the player window, which should suffice, but I imagine it could be adapted to work in the group window also.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...thpotions.html