EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-27-2005, 12:39 PM
A Berserk Golem

how do I disable certain features have tried unticking but they still come back, ie that casr bar and breathing indicator bug the hell out of me, also have unticked gridlines on map and they still show.

Does unticking features disable them or stop them from updating ?
Unread 09-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Unchecking features does NOT remove the feature from the thorui directory.
We thought it best to not delete files from your computer
After unchecking/deselecting a feature, simply delete the thorui folder and then re-run the AU

You can look at the mods before selecting them by clicking the "..." next to each feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig
how do I disable certain features have tried unticking but they still come back, ie that casr bar and breathing indicator bug the hell out of me, also have unticked gridlines on map and they still show.

Does unticking features disable them or stop them from updating ?
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 09-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

You can modify windows using the uibuilder or by directly editing the xml code.
I'd suggest looking in the appropiate forums for posts on how to mod.
Heres the best place to start: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventide
I have a very simple question. while find your mods to be interesting, they seem a bit complicated, i have customized they layout to suit my playstyle and am happy with it. What i want to know is how do i change the mod so that i can get something like the F keys to display next to the corisponding group member? is creating or adjusting a mod difficult?
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 09-27-2005, 02:04 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
You need to choose those "options/features" via the advanced button.
If you try something that you don't like you may simply "uncheck" that option, click ok, then close the AU.
You would then go delete the files or simply delete the thorui folder then re-run the thorui AU and it will pull all files down for you again.

Please note: the "..." next to every feature has examples of every window piece including instructions of their use.

Ok...I have figured out why i am such a newbi, but...I have run the AU several times and tried to resize it..I do not have an "advanced" button on it..So, I deleted everything and ran setup again..I have found that the original time the AU runs I have the advanced button, however it says there is a newer version that will be downloaded, then its gone. I may be missing something, but I have been spending way too much time(when i should be killing stuff)

I love the UI..everything about it is great, just want it to work for me..

Thanks again,

Fuzi Vision
Mistmoore Server
Unread 09-27-2005, 02:25 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Self Patch not working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savolk
Ok...I have figured out why i am such a newbi, but...I have run the AU several times and tried to resize it..I do not have an "advanced" button on it..So, I deleted everything and ran setup again..I have found that the original time the AU runs I have the advanced button, however it says there is a newer version that will be downloaded, then its gone. I may be missing something, but I have been spending way too much time(when i should be killing stuff)

I love the UI..everything about it is great, just want it to work for me..

Thanks again,

Fuzi Vision
Mistmoore Server

There is an update I posted yesterday. But once the update is downloaded the application should re-start with no problems. It might take a few seconds to do so if your machine is older. The advanced button can't be missed as it is on the main screen.

There is no sequence of the load order that hides it from you, although it might be disabled when it runs.

Does it give you the message that it has a newer version every time you launch it? That would be weird, as it should only update once to bring you up to the newest version.

The application should not be installing in everquest/ui/thorui but instead in program files/thorui. You're not deleting the program files / thorui directory are you?

Can you send me ([email protected]) the .log files in the program files /thorui directory so I can see what's going on. We've never had anyone fail to auto update during beta.

Last edited by MrNice : 09-27-2005 at 02:31 PM. Reason: More Ideas...
Unread 09-27-2005, 06:05 PM
A Brown Bear

Default ThorUI AU and EQ2Map? Can I have my Cake and Eat it Too?

One of the first EQ2 UI I tried was EQ2Map. I'm hooked and gotta have it. But Thor UI AU has alot I would like to try as well. I did not see EQ2Map in the Advanced portion of the AU. Soooooo... The million plat question... Can I have both and if so, how do I do it. TIA
Unread 09-27-2005, 06:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok, everything is ok Faetyl. Thank so much.

By The Way, you did a great great great job, and the auto installer is awsome.

You rock!!!

Keep the good work.

Quote:
Yes, you need to update your window placements file.
You're using your old window placement file that was configured to your old interface.
You may use my window placements by clicking on the "advanced button" within the updater and choosing the "window wizard".
If you choose not to use my window placements it's important to delete your existing one from the everquest II directory if you have ever used another mod. (Some modders use custom windows that may cause an issue if you're no longer using their interface.)
Unread 09-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

You most certainly can have both, and I would pretty much quit playing EQ2 if i couldn't have eq2maps
Simply install ThorUI AU then click the advanced button.
Under the options tab you will see the first browse to field.
Simply browse to your eq2map updater executable and then select launch app when close.
This will automatically launch the eq2map updater after the ThorUI AU is closed.
Note: you can configure it to automatically launch as soon as it's done updating as well.
That's it, eq2map will detect the new ui and will download all the necesary files for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaksur
One of the first EQ2 UI I tried was EQ2Map. I'm hooked and gotta have it. But Thor UI AU has alot I would like to try as well. I did not see EQ2Map in the Advanced portion of the AU. Soooooo... The million plat question... Can I have both and if so, how do I do it. TIA
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-27-2005, 07:44 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:

Hey...just a question...I programmed the Auto Updater to detect the install of EQ Maps automatically...did you install eqmaps to a non-default location?
Unread 09-28-2005, 12:56 AM
A Brown Bear

Nope. It was in EQ2MAP folder directly under the UI folder in Everquest II. However, Everquest itself is not installed under default. I seldom use the "Program Files" folder instead I have an entire HDD dedicated as "Program Files" and istall directly under root on that drive.

I also did have a few minor Mods that were residing in the folder with EQ2MAP.

The updater deleted my EQ2MAP entry (and others) that were in EQ2.INI. Which is why I asked before trying to run the Map updater after installing the AU UI.

So if I understand this correctly now. I should have EQ2MAP updater entered in the Advanced Options of the AU with the radio button for "Launch App when closed toggled. EQ2MAP updater in turn should have the thorui selected as UI Directory and optionally enable Autolaunch of EQ2 (and comabt stats monitor as previously). Then to play I simply start the Thor UI AU, let it update and then chain the others when it closes and all should be happy. Right?

If so, why does the AU keep saying eq2.ini is out of date and redownloading it w/o the EQ2MAP info. Or am I just being stupid? [It is almost 2AM so this is a possibility.]
Unread 09-28-2005, 01:07 AM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up

Quote:
btw.. unrealated but.. I wish all programers thought that way. Many many annoying sw bugs would never exist if they did.
Unread 09-28-2005, 03:19 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Sounds like eq2map isn't automatically detecting the UI change.
Launch eq2map updater and point it to use the thorui. (options\ui directory>change to:thorui)
That should do it..

Quote:
Nope. It was in EQ2MAP folder directly under the UI folder in Everquest II. However, Everquest itself is not installed under default. I seldom use the "Program Files" folder instead I have an entire HDD dedicated as "Program Files" and istall directly under root on that drive.

I also did have a few minor Mods that were residing in the folder with EQ2MAP.

The updater deleted my EQ2MAP entry (and others) that were in EQ2.INI. Which is why I asked before trying to run the Map updater after installing the AU UI.

So if I understand this correctly now. I should have EQ2MAP updater entered in the Advanced Options of the AU with the radio button for "Launch App when closed toggled. EQ2MAP updater in turn should have the thorui selected as UI Directory and optionally enable Autolaunch of EQ2 (and comabt stats monitor as previously). Then to play I simply start the Thor UI AU, let it update and then chain the others when it closes and all should be happy. Right?

If so, why does the AU keep saying eq2.ini is out of date and redownloading it w/o the EQ2MAP info. Or am I just being stupid? [It is almost 2AM so this is a possibility.]
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-28-2005, 05:28 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:

If you change the date/time stamp of eq2.ini when you edit it then Thor UI's auto update application will detect that it is out of sync with the server copy and replace it. Otherwise it should leave it alone.
Unread 09-28-2005, 08:36 AM
A Berserk Golem

cool all working fine now copied mainhud castbar and breath files from default into ThorUI disabled the enhanced breathing and cast bar , so I take these will never update/overwrite now, unless I renable ?

Understand how it all works now, nothing is getting deleted just files DL'd overwritten from choices in features

Excellent job once again Faetyl
Unread 09-28-2005, 09:06 AM
A Coastal Crab

Great job again!
0 problems with install, and it whole UI looks hotter than a bucket of red ants! Works well running beside all other enhancements. I's say step back andtake a bow.
Another great job once again Faetyl!
Unread 09-28-2005, 09:22 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Tradeskill window question

I tradeskill a lot and like the tradeskilll window mod. I am having a problem with it thou. When I am done with a combine, by clicking the <Recipies> button, it returns me to the recipe list window, but the scroll bar is always sized as if the window contained all the recipies, that is it is full size. So if I have a recipe that is farther down the list I can not scroll down to it. The fix I have found is to refilter the list and then scroll bar is correct size, also opening and closing the recipe window does not fix the scroll bar either.

I mentioned earlier about your filter list. I deleted the ui/thorui directory but the list came up any way. I have manually deleted the filters from within game to see if that will work, but servers went down before I saw if it worked.
Unread 09-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thanks but MrNice deserves all the credit for the AU.

Quote:
cool all working fine now copied mainhud castbar and breath files from default into ThorUI disabled the enhanced breathing and cast bar , so I take these will never update/overwrite now, unless I renable ?

Understand how it all works now, nothing is getting deleted just files DL'd overwritten from choices in features

Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I'm aware of that issue and the best "work-a-round" is to click a recipe then the window updates and your scroll bar "should" update and appear.

As for my recipe filter: make sure you have deselected it within the ThorUI AU. Once that is done all you need do is copy your version back in or delete my filters in came and set your's back up.

The ThorUI AU won't update a feature unless you have it selected within the features page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC2
I tradeskill a lot and like the tradeskilll window mod. I am having a problem with it thou. When I am done with a combine, by clicking the <Recipies> button, it returns me to the recipe list window, but the scroll bar is always sized as if the window contained all the recipies, that is it is full size. So if I have a recipe that is farther down the list I can not scroll down to it. The fix I have found is to refilter the list and then scroll bar is correct size, also opening and closing the recipe window does not fix the scroll bar either.

I mentioned earlier about your filter list. I deleted the ui/thorui directory but the list came up any way. I have manually deleted the filters from within game to see if that will work, but servers went down before I saw if it worked.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Once again this is ALL from MrNice

All I did with this one was assist him and provide the web host.

He's the genius behind the application and deserves ALL credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyted
Great job again!
0 problems with install, and it whole UI looks hotter than a bucket of red ants! Works well running beside all other enhancements. I's say step back andtake a bow.
Another great job once again Faetyl!
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-28-2005, 11:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I love this UI but I am having trouble getting it to work. When I run the updater it creates a UI folder outside of the EQ2 folder and down loads the Thorui to there. I have tried copying the folder to the UI folder in the EQ2 folder and deleting the extra UI folder, but when I run the updater it again creates a UI folder and downloads to it. When I enter the game It is showing my lvl incorrectly and I have a blank quest journal. Also it will not display my name. I am totally lost. Please HELP. I dont want to have to use another UI.
Unread 09-28-2005, 12:27 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by phangh
I love this UI but I am having trouble getting it to work. When I run the updater it creates a UI folder outside of the EQ2 folder and down loads the Thorui to there. I have tried copying the folder to the UI folder in the EQ2 folder and deleting the extra UI folder, but when I run the updater it again creates a UI folder and downloads to it. When I enter the game It is showing my lvl incorrectly and I have a blank quest journal. Also it will not display my name. I am totally lost. Please HELP. I dont want to have to use another UI.
Hi,

What is your everquest directory under the advanced options tab? It should be something like:

C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II

If it is pointing to the wrong root you'll want to change it. This is how Auto Updater knows where to put stuff...
Unread 09-28-2005, 12:59 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:

So... I love everything except the castbar orb - and I haven't seen the breath bar yet - I deleted mainhud_casting out of the directory - but I didn't see any where to update in the settings so it won't load again.

Also, when we run this program and choose our features, does it save our selections? or do we have to re-select them every time we run it?

Thanks to MrNice and Faetyl for all the hard work done!

~Vamp
Unread 09-28-2005, 02:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the quick reply, MrNice. That fixed my problems and after I logged on and zoned all my in game problems corrected themselves. Thorui is working for me and I once again feel like playing EQ
Unread 09-28-2005, 02:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lavastorm
Question Hi.

Ok this is my first time posting bare with me. I havent had a problem with your UI till the Auto Updater came along. I love everything in it but for some reason out of no where the screen went Grey and the cursor was a lil black square. OK at first i thought my Monitor died, but i restarted and everything was fine. Then i came here to see if anyone else is having this problem. I dont want to use anyone elses UI i like your to much please help
Unread 09-28-2005, 04:06 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztidlust
Ok this is my first time posting bare with me. I havent had a problem with your UI till the Auto Updater came along. I love everything in it but for some reason out of no where the screen went Grey and the cursor was a lil black square. OK at first i thought my Monitor died, but i restarted and everything was fine. Then i came here to see if anyone else is having this problem. I dont want to use anyone elses UI i like your to much please help

Hi...did this happen when you ran auto-updater or when you ran everquest? If it happened in Auto-Updater that's a VERY weird symptom. If it happened in Auto Updater could you send both .log files in the C:\program files\thorui directory to [email protected] ?

If it happened to you when you launched everquest, have you deleted your ui/thorui directory and tried to update again? Some leftover files might be causing you issues.