EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-14-2005, 07:56 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Exclamation quest journal weirdness

I am having strange weirdness with the quest journal when I group. everytime I group I loose and gain my quests back each time I zone. Is this something has been spoken about before or something new. Thanks
Unread 11-14-2005, 10:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqbach
I am having strange weirdness with the quest journal when I group. everytime I group I loose and gain my quests back each time I zone. Is this something has been spoken about before or something new. Thanks
I believe this is a problem with the game, not the interface. I was having this problem all last week, BEFORE I got this UI. I suggest sending in a bug report to Sony. That's what I did. =)
Unread 11-14-2005, 10:30 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keliae
I can't find food and drink slots in any of the 3 different inventories. Maybe I'm blind. =(
If memory serves correctly, the food/drink slots are located on the far right end of the top slot line of the inventory (referring to the Enhanced General Inventory Interface, not sure about the other one).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 11-15-2005, 04:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

I just want to say first of all that I love this UI and I recommend it to all my friends and guildies.

Thanks so much for getting the store window working so quickly, it was a MAJOR pain having to type the names of items I wished to price.

I have one problem with the broker window, and one peeve.

The problem is that escape does not close the broker window. In fact, if the broker window was the last window opened, escape does nothing until the broker window is manually closed with the X up top. Not a major issue but I am so used to hitting escape that it has become pretty annoying.

My peeve is this, the resizing option for the broker window is great but in order to view the full names of items it seems that the window must be stretched as wide as possible otherwise the names of items listed are cutoff. I should have taken a screenie but I forgot.

Thanks again for all of your hard work, I really enjoy this UI!
Unread 11-15-2005, 09:56 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Needs an HTML browser window

I've been a user of Extreme UI for some time, but since the quest journal lost the Heritage/Lore/Writs info I have switched to this UI by recommendation of a guild member.

One thing that I really miss is the ability to open a browser and get to ogaming for quest help. There are some UI parts from Laffs I think that have the HTML function. Could you include it in this UI or send detailed instruction on how to integrate it?

Thanks in advance!
Unread 11-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Yup yup

I made escape reset the broker window for those quick searches but if most prefer it to close the window I can certainly set that back up.

The issue with the descriptive text in the broker window is a SOE issue. I made the window stretch out so we could get around that. It still cuts them off if its an extremely long discripton though. The over all problem is that the item info bar doesn't auto resize vertically. I hate to say for sure because its been awhile but I remember fighting with that one for hours attempting to make a workaround.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumenides
I just want to say first of all that I love this UI and I recommend it to all my friends and guildies.

Thanks so much for getting the store window working so quickly, it was a MAJOR pain having to type the names of items I wished to price.

I have one problem with the broker window, and one peeve.

The problem is that escape does not close the broker window. In fact, if the broker window was the last window opened, escape does nothing until the broker window is manually closed with the X up top. Not a major issue but I am so used to hitting escape that it has become pretty annoying.

My peeve is this, the resizing option for the broker window is great but in order to view the full names of items it seems that the window must be stretched as wide as possible otherwise the names of items listed are cutoff. I should have taken a screenie but I forgot.

Thanks again for all of your hard work, I really enjoy this UI!
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

The browser button is in the help window.
Top right corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listor
I've been a user of Extreme UI for some time, but since the quest journal lost the Heritage/Lore/Writs info I have switched to this UI by recommendation of a guild member.

One thing that I really miss is the ability to open a browser and get to ogaming for quest help. There are some UI parts from Laffs I think that have the HTML function. Could you include it in this UI or send detailed instruction on how to integrate it?

Thanks in advance!
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

See notes below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keliae
First off - LOVE the UI. Thanks so much for all the work you and the other modders put into it! I just started playing again after 10 months, and was very happy to find this UI. After playing EQ1 and always having to edit my own xml after updates because of slow authors, your auto-update is simply amazing! I also like that you can preview features before getting in game.

There are a few things I've noticed that I'm not sure if they're intended or bugs. I sincerely apologize if any of this is repeated. 16 pages is rather intimidating. *grin*

1 - When you open a new chat window by right clicking the window and pushing "New Chat Window" (as opposed to using tabs), the new window has no option to resize or move. The same thing happens if you try to move a tab out into it's own window away from the main chat window - it becomes stuck wherever you place it.
--Those issues were resolved some time ago. The issue is actually being retained in your window preference file. I recommend you use the window wizard and load the 1280x1024 full screen version. Note that's the only one i've had the time to update lately with all that's going on. I'll try and get to the others ASAP.

2 - There doesn't seem to be slots for food and drink in any of the inventory windows. I could equip food by right clicking it, but couldn't find where to un-equip it. I use different drink depending on what I'm doing, so the only remedy I found was to equip summoned drink when I'm online and don't want to waste the good stuff.
--My inventory window, which some didn't like therefore didn't choose has is kept updated. The other inventory windows have not been updated by their original authors but once they post an update here, I will gladly update the ThorUI. To further explain mine if you choose to use it... The button in the top left expands it therefore allowing you to leave it up for activatables. All stat information including the paperdoll was moved to the persona window. (Click your name in the persona window for the paperdoll image)

3 - There seems to be a bug when moving with your recipe window open. I would lag out and "warp" when trying to move. It would immediately be fine if I closed the window.
--That's a mod by Jaxel. I'll double check to see if he has an updated version. Note: each feature has a "..." next to the item. You may press this button in order to get a full description on the feature. It also lists the contributing authors names with a link to them here. You may use that to post bug reports to them directly.

Also regarding this feature, I LOVE the sorting filter! Would there be any way to add a search function so that you could search for a certain recipe?
--I wish! Most data within these windows is pretty rigid. Therefore limiting our options.

4 - The compass window seems to take up a LOT of room surrounding the compass. If the compass was on top of my screen, I could not click anything that was "beneath" it in a layered sense (I put my clock right next to it, for example, and couldn't move the clock even though both were clearly visible), without moving the compass, moving the other window, moving the compass back, and moving the other window where I wanted it. There seems to be a lot of "dead space" surrounding the compass for a couple of inches on each side. I hope that was clear, it's hard to explain.
--My compass is completely resizable horizontally and vertically so you can resize to your prefference. The click issue is the same issue as the chat window. The error with the frames is being stored in your window preference file and would be resolved if you use my 1280x1024 full screen version.

5 - Regarding the Heritage quest info - I like it just where it is. I agree with the others that it's appropriate in the Journal because it's quest related. This is a feature my husband and I both adore, since we're so far behind after not playing for so long. All of your notes and quest info ROCK!!
--The journal and heritage mods are another authors work so I desearve no credit. DBurgdorf is the mastermind.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, forgot an important thing!!

6 - The support ticket window in Help does not have a scroll bar. I'd submitted a ticket last night, and when I logged on this morning I had a CS response. However, I could not scroll down the window to view it. I had to un-install the help feature, use the default to see my ticket, then re-install it for all the cool info in yours!
--Reference above. There is no update as of yet with these windows by DBurgdorf. I will post them as soon as they become available.

This brings me into the reasoning behind moving the journal info over to the help window. There is ALOT of extra codeing in these windows. If we could combine them, it would make updates only effect one window for an extended period of time rather than both. We can all get along without a help window for a bit or just remove the modded version of it. But we all need access to our EverQuest quest journal on a daily/hourly basis. Let me know if this changed any minds on keeping it there. Otherwise it's staying put as most have recommended.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-16-2005, 11:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default errr kinda small but annoying...

ok I love Thorui! it does indeed rock out loud, however i am haveing a prob with some of the icons not showing up.
Specificaly (sorry can't spell without coffie) the icons for the preset graphics buttons (the ones that let you change yer display quality on a whim) there is nothing where they should be, just empty white blocks =p I recently had to uninstall and reinstall Ui anyway and hoped that might fix it, guess i was wrong. Please help, i love this ui... but this problem is bloody annoying =p
Thanks
Unread 11-16-2005, 12:32 PM
A Coastal Crab

Talking

I have used your UI since you first released the auto updater, and must say that eq2 isn't the same game without it. That being said, my problem is that I had to reload my machine due to a new harddrive being installed, now when I install and run the autoupdater, i get these error messages when it tries to install the latest version, and the install fails

EXCEPTION in get a file

cannot create file "C:\program files\Sony\EverquestII\eq2.ini". Acess is denied

Any light shed on this will be greatly appreciated
Unread 11-16-2005, 01:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Mini map and other map plugins

I am unable to get the mini map to work since LU16, also the grid lines are missing. I deleted the map plugins ini files and reran the auto updater to no success, also the ability to switch between maps of dfferent areas is gone. I made sure i have those options checked under the advanced tab of the updater. any suggestions and/or recommendations? BTW thankyou for a great interface...
Unread 11-16-2005, 02:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Crash Problem

I installed ThorUI yesterday and I love it, except for one small problem. Whenever I encounter an option to zone that has more than one possible destination (mariner's bell, zone to upper splitpaw from the den) I crash to the desktop without being given the option to select one. As long as it's a zone that can only go one place, it's fine. Any idea what might be causing this? It doesn't happen with either the default UI enabled or with Fetish Nightfall (which I was using before this one.)
Unread 11-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

White blocks reflect a missing image file.
I can assure you those images are "supposed" to be there and they do indeed work.
When you reinstalled did you delete the thorui folder in EverQuest II/UI?
I'm guessing you have an issue in there and the best resolution is to wipe it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcav
ok I love Thorui! it does indeed rock out loud, however i am haveing a prob with some of the icons not showing up.
Specificaly (sorry can't spell without coffie) the icons for the preset graphics buttons (the ones that let you change yer display quality on a whim) there is nothing where they should be, just empty white blocks =p I recently had to uninstall and reinstall Ui anyway and hoped that might fix it, guess i was wrong. Please help, i love this ui... but this problem is bloody annoying =p
Thanks
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Delete the version of eq2.ini that you have and it should resolve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaris
I have used your UI since you first released the auto updater, and must say that eq2 isn't the same game without it. That being said, my problem is that I had to reload my machine due to a new harddrive being installed, now when I install and run the autoupdater, i get these error messages when it tries to install the latest version, and the install fails

EXCEPTION in get a file

Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Delete the thorui folder in EverQuest II/UI and relaunch the updater. (It's the fix for all wierdness)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meysura
I installed ThorUI yesterday and I love it, except for one small problem. Whenever I encounter an option to zone that has more than one possible destination (mariner's bell, zone to upper splitpaw from the den) I crash to the desktop without being given the option to select one. As long as it's a zone that can only go one place, it's fine. Any idea what might be causing this? It doesn't happen with either the default UI enabled or with Fetish Nightfall (which I was using before this one.)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=367

Quote:
Originally Posted by thominator
I am unable to get the mini map to work since LU16, also the grid lines are missing. I deleted the map plugins ini files and reran the auto updater to no success, also the ability to switch between maps of dfferent areas is gone. I made sure i have those options checked under the advanced tab of the updater. any suggestions and/or recommendations? BTW thankyou for a great interface...
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-16-2005, 05:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default hehe duh :p

Ok i i did a full wipe of thor and reinstalled works like butter thanks again keep up the outstanding work All, and i'll make sure i try the easy stuff first lol
Unread 11-17-2005, 05:57 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaris

EXCEPTION in get a file

This is because your eq2.ini is set to read only or is in use by another application. You need to make sure the file is not read only and you do not have another application running that would use it.
Unread 11-17-2005, 09:08 AM
A Sea Turtle

Default Harvest Window and Help window

This is the message that pops up telling u when u reach an area - tells you ur harvest level 123/143 etc

Can you tell me how to fix this what file it is and setting the window so i can see it.

Tried setting window but nothing happens and the window disappears when the message window stops.

Also the ticket window does not scroll if the message goes beyond the view

thanks
Unread 11-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

That window piece is "eq2ui_mainhud_onscreenmessage.xml" but if your using mine the issue isn't with the xml file...
You have to remember that the window placement files holds ALOT of information that can really mess with a UI. It's also stored in HEX (Why this was done I'll never understand) but anyway...
That file tends to become corrupt VERY easily.

With regards to the onscreen message, if you attempt to resize it your almost sure to corrupt your window placement file. (only move it never resize it)

Unfortunately the best way to fix those issues is to delete the file and start over.
Best recommendation I have would to use the "Window Wizard" provided in the ThorUI AU and use my Window Placment file for 1280x1024 Full. (This is set for no widescreen black borders not really "full screen")

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScales
This is the message that pops up telling u when u reach an area - tells you ur harvest level 123/143 etc

Can you tell me how to fix this what file it is and setting the window so i can see it.

Tried setting window but nothing happens and the window disappears when the message window stops.

Also the ticket window does not scroll if the message goes beyond the view

thanks
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 11-17-2005 at 10:37 AM.
Unread 11-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Closed
I'm opening the new forums dedicated to the ThorUI AU located here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=37

Note: I'm still attempting to get them up to standards so please bare with me.

So... Don't post here any longer... Post there ^See^Link^Above^
Forums

Got Guild?