Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Vert 4.3.1

Bug fix for 4.3
Unread 02-28-2008, 02:37 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to abbelyn Send a message via AIM to abbelyn Send a message via MSN to abbelyn Send a message via Yahoo to abbelyn

Hey Ranot, can I get a quick changelog for the fixes singe 4.3, I did a complete reinstall of everything with all my mods just a few days ago, and would rather replace only the files I need to =)
Unread 02-29-2008, 12:10 AM
A Griffon

4.3.1 should of only had eq2_mainhud_inventory.xml and eq2_mainhud_pet.xml changed that i can remember.
Unread 02-29-2008, 08:24 AM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to abbelyn Send a message via AIM to abbelyn Send a message via MSN to abbelyn Send a message via Yahoo to abbelyn

Ok, only reason I had asked was because almost all the UI files showed a new modify date (probably from the builder)
Unread 03-04-2008, 11:08 PM
A Griffon

Default 4.4

LU changes for the LU43.

changed files
-------------
eq2ui_inventory_loot
eq2ui_popup_group
eq2ui_mainhud

Known bugs found so far
------------------------
drop downs are wrong size in popup_group so they show up an inch below where the drop down really is
some kinda incompatability with eq2maps but seems random, i can't use it, but my girlfriend can.

Last edited by Ranot : 03-05-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Unread 03-05-2008, 10:07 PM
A Griffon

scratch the sometimes not working with eq2map ... it was a local problem.
Unread 03-07-2008, 10:54 PM
A Griffon

Well it's that time again, I'm doing many small changes to perform overall overhauls to the system, first was the removal of any dependance on Fetish styles, it was added back when i started using goldi's start button and it's always bothered me it was there since I never had permission of Zonx to be borrowing it... i've already finished that change to eliminate it.

I'm also working on a central control panel for the UI to enable and disable features of the UI like profits bottom bar, the press to activate macro buttons in each window, auto loot (decline, greed/loot, none)

One thing i've noticed is the start button addon i've been using is outdated with very few buttons compared to some of the others i've seen... is there any better one then the current you folks like? ((of course it will depend on the author's say so if we can use it)) Or would you prefer a new one from scratch with the options / buttons we decide as a group vert would most benefit from.

Any other things you've seen that you think we the users of vert could benefit from don't be shy in mentioning it... I know vert is very plain compared to all the other UI's and mostly it's my own fault since I havn't played the game itself since december of 06, just been doing updates... but now i'm playing again and realize just how out of date the UI has become when i look at the other more popular ones.

This question is also going to other UI authors, you know your users, you know your UI's ... is there a feature you have that your users find they can't live without, that you think the users of another UI might also find just as useful.. I'm only asking as while the userbase of vert is very small compared to the big boys, I'd like you folks to have and get everything you need.

Last edited by Ranot : 03-07-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Unread 03-08-2008, 06:10 PM
A Griffon

Hey Ranot, I'm sending you a PM with info on the extra mods I add on top of Vert. I personally love the minimalistic look to Vert, I used to use Jaxel's OCD UI back when he was still updating it, then took a while before finding Vert as a good fit, and have been using Vert as my base UI for over 2 years now..
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:20 PM
A Griffon

It saddens me to say, but work on VertUI might be halted.
I apologize to those who do use it, but when i started actually playing
eq2 again some of the things i've done in the past like the way i implemented hot button macro's were more of a hindrance and annoyance then helpful.
I've seen to many windows that are not displaying properly, and between family and work I just don't have the time to be doing a full overhaul for a third time.

The reason I say might is because I have to find a UI that I can enjoy using while i play, the main reason i took up the vertUI in the first place was because it was the only one at the time that was minimalistic and didn't intrude on how the game played and looked beyond making the windows easier to look at. If i can't find another UI then i'll have no choice but to update vert.
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:49 PM
A Griffon

Hey Ranot, I hope you will continue, but I can understand if you can't, the few things I've tried to mod took way too long for the slight changes made.

One you might want to look at as a possibility is ProfitUI, if you took that as a base, and just wrote the windows you didn't like, that would cut down your mod time (though you'd probably be better off either releasing your individual windows, or trying a Compilations release if you do that. I used to use Profit with my collection of other mods over it, but decided a while back that your look was more what I was looking for and was easier to apply my mods over. Either way, post here if you find something you like, as I think alot of people would give whatever UI you pick a good lookover if VertUI is stopped.

Either way thanks again for all your hard work, I for one know I appreciate it.
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:24 PM
A Griffon

I ended up moving to Profit ... I don't care for the experience window, but beyond that the rest of it is really nice.
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:58 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Well I have been working on a Vert/Nyarlathoteps Streamlined style skin for ProfitUI. It's different and not exactly the same (most noticeable difference is the titlebar), but it looks pretty similar.
Unread 04-06-2008, 09:24 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranot View Post
I ended up moving to Profit ... I don't care for the experience window, but beyond that the rest of it is really nice.
First I'd like to again thank you Ranot for your time, effort and dedication to this UI, even keeping it updated well after taking hiatus from the game, Bravo.

While I am saddened by the loss of the UI I have used for a while now, I am pleased to see Drago has a very similar skin for the versatile ProfitUI in the work, which works great for me.
Unread 04-07-2008, 01:05 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbelyn View Post
First I'd like to again thank you Ranot for your time, effort and dedication to this UI, even keeping it updated well after taking hiatus from the game, Bravo.

While I am saddened by the loss of the UI I have used for a while now, I am pleased to see Drago has a very similar skin for the versatile ProfitUI in the work, which works great for me.
I'm 99% done and it's looking pretty good. I was going to upload it tonight, but I found a couple bugs that I wont be able to fix till tomorrow or the next day (hopefully tomorrow)

Oh and I named it "Vex" because it's different than Nyarl and Vert. It's kind of a mix, as well as some elements of my stuff and some changes (to make it work for Profit)
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...1489#post71489

Last edited by dragowulf : 04-07-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Unread 04-07-2008, 02:35 AM
A Griffon

Its alright, rather have something with bugs fixed =) also I am still working out some window kinks with Profit from my laundry list of other mods (I have some that had to completely replace a grouping of windows due to having one in the bar replaced)