EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-02-2006, 09:18 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Vert Reborn [Bugs/Suggestions/Comments]

Well, after many many version of beta testing (heck it should of been released versions ago, but i'm a slacker for realizing when a project is finished..) I'm proud to release the First Version of Vert UI outside of beta!

This Thread is for the UI so, please keep it clean, and post any questions comments or bug reports you might find..

You can find the download over at http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4166

- Ranot
Unread 05-02-2006, 09:20 PM
A Griffon

Default V2.4 Changelog

I apologize to everyone for taking so long to release this bugfix, I've really lost interest in actually playing the game.. and as such, lost interest in updating the Mod... Someone pointed out to me it's not fair to you the users to be punished for my lack of interest in the game, so hopefully the updates will keep coming, and i'll keep working on it. And now onto the updates!

Changelog v2.4
----------------
Bad Bad Evil Vert! No Cookies for you until you clean up tradeskills...
- well.. that's done now, any aspect of EQ2Macro should be gone, I apologize for it being there, tho it originated in the UI before I took the project over.

I'm lonely, yes I'm mr. Lonely.. Nobody shows up, in my LFG window....
- Fear Not! The LFG window is now back and working as it should!

Tisk Tisk, Your Books is such a mess! how do you learn anything???
- Sort Button Is Now In Place On The Knowledge Window.

Psst, your an addict.. and now you'll know it!
- Account Age Is Now In The Persona Window.
Unread 05-05-2006, 10:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Talking

Great interface
When I found out Nyar went on hiatus from the game I finally gave up the ghost and went in search of a lu 21/22 compatiable ui and found vert and I am loving it so far.

Only issues I have and these aren't bugs just humble requests from the xml uninitiated There were some features in Nyar's I'd love to see in vert.

Maintained Spells Window:
Buffs and Debuffs / Effects would show the target they landed on's name which helped when casting single target buffs on group members and debuffs on particualr mobs.

Experience Bar
Bar had an additional digit read out of the experience level accurate to 2 decimel places (though I believe he had some display issues with this) and also xp debt.

Target / Implied Target
Displayed icon of current buffs / debuffs cast on current target. Basic icons no text but was great for when grouped with my healer I was able to tell at a glance who needed a poison or trauma cure etc.

These are just minor things and liveable without them just hoping if at all possible they are considered for a future update. Again great UI and thanks for reading this.

Shaytherra@Guk
Unread 05-09-2006, 12:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Exclamation

Checked on a few toons and these do seem to be bugs:
Guild Bank Log doesnt show anything.
Unable to page forward or back through Skills window (no next / previous buttons).
Unread 05-10-2006, 02:36 PM
A Coastal Crab

Hey there, I just recently bought EQ2 and couldn't stand the default UI so I downloaded this one. I've got everything set up perfectly except I got a couple minor problems.

1: The buff window is still the same as the default UI, just shows the icons, no spell name, duration etc. But like I said I just bought the game so maybe that's something I enable in game or something =p.

Anyways that's all. Awsome UI and thanks for your time =).

edit: removed first question as I saw it was already answered.

edit#2: removed 2nd question as well =p. After a bit of detective work I figured that out also.

Last edited by kekewinr : 05-10-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Unread 05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenFeather75
Checked on a few toons and these do seem to be bugs:
Guild Bank Log doesnt show anything.
Unable to page forward or back through Skills window (no next / previous buttons).

Still can't figure out why the bank log isn't showing... I took the tab from the default UI and transfered it... i'll look into it more tonight, as for the page back and forward I discovered that myself last night much to my dismay... guess that's one reason why you shouldn't work on UI's if you don't play *laughs* but it's been fixed now, and had a revamp at the same time so it's always t-kings spell window showing, and forward back will be done by clicking on the edge of the book on the left or right sides... if i don't find the problem behind bank logs tonight i'll upload it with the knowledge book fixed at least.
Unread 05-10-2006, 08:56 PM
A Griffon

Default Change Log v2.5

Changes in v2.5
-----------------

I sacrified a few young virgins to the gods of the bank log... the result... BANK LOGS!
- Yes, finally I figured out why they wern't working and the glorious logs are here, hopefully to stay.

Spell book page 1... Spell book page 1... Spell book page 1... ummm where's my other pages?
- Knowledge window has had a complete overhaul, along with the fix for pages and blank sort button. Now every tab uses the tking spell book, and clicking on the left or right side of the book will cause the pages to flip back or forth.
Unread 05-11-2006, 01:17 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Butcherblock

haha. thanks again for updating and the work involved, and answering my question from previous thread.

quick question that I already kinda know the answer to, but I was hoping against hope you might have better answer.

can I just download the latest update? or do I need to uninstall and re-install the UI?
Unread 05-12-2006, 05:54 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Toxxulia
Default Tablets?

I've tried searching through the forums, but I couldn't find a recent post about this. I know origionally the Vert UI split off fromt he Tablets II UI. Unfortuanately Tablets II has fallen by the wayside. I know someone had mentioned something somewhere about having the Tablets II be a simple graphical mod to the Vert UI. Any plans on this aymore?
Unread 05-14-2006, 12:01 PM
A Griffon

I'm not the originial author of vert, or tablets.. so really no idea about that one unfortunitly. I've never heard anything about it.
Unread 05-14-2006, 12:03 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
can I just download the latest update? or do I need to uninstall and re-install the UI?
for minor versions (2.2 2.3 etc) you can just overwrite the files.. when i go to 3.0, is when you would need to delete everything and start over... tho now that i think about it 2.4 should of been a complete re-install since otherwise you'd still have the icon packages from macrocraft.
Unread 05-14-2006, 12:09 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Maintained Spells Window:
Buffs and Debuffs / Effects would show the target they landed on's name which helped when casting single target buffs on group members and debuffs on particualr mobs.
The maintained window use to show that aswell, but when i added the graphic there wasn't enough spacing to keep it and the timer, however it does show the info if you hover over the spell.

Quote:
Experience Bar
Bar had an additional digit read out of the experience level accurate to 2 decimel places (though I believe he had some display issues with this) and also xp debt.

Target / Implied Target
Displayed icon of current buffs / debuffs cast on current target. Basic icons no text but was great for when grouped with my healer I was able to tell at a glance who needed a poison or trauma cure etc.
Havn't seen this myself.. but I can look into it for possible additions in the future.
Unread 05-14-2006, 12:11 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Disappearing peices

I love the Ui but peices seem to vanish on me after I log out one session. When I return the little information box that had all my clicks on it was gone from all characters UI's an the maintained spells would only show for my conjuere
Unread 05-22-2006, 06:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Default sound volume changes

Great UI, Thank you for all your hard work in creating and keeping it up... just one question... everytime i log my sound options change and i have to reset them everytime i log back in, mostly the main game music and master sound volumes lower themselves.. any ideas what to do?
Unread 05-23-2006, 05:21 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldach
Great UI, Thank you for all your hard work in creating and keeping it up... just one question... everytime i log my sound options change and i have to reset them everytime i log back in, mostly the main game music and master sound volumes lower themselves.. any ideas what to do?

Unfortunitly there is no way to save those settings from login to login, there should be a subdirectory named video settings, inside there is an xml file you can edit in any text editor to set your default sound values.
Unread 05-24-2006, 06:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranot
Unfortunitly there is no way to save those settings from login to login, there should be a subdirectory named video settings, inside there is an xml file you can edit in any text editor to set your default sound values.
okay, found the file but I have no idea at what settings everything should be at... I just know that I have to raise my master sound back up all the way and my game music (not combat music) up to 3/4. could I just change the 0.500 to 1.00 and the music to 0.750 and leave the other settings in the file alone? just don't want to mess with it til I have an idea.
Unread 05-27-2006, 01:19 PM
A Griffon

yep that's percisely what you would do
Unread 06-01-2006, 04:39 AM
A Forest Scavenger

i also have some sound problems
i changed the files to this:

<Sliderbar Location="3,15" Master_Volume="1.000"

<Sliderbar Combat_music_Volume="0.50"

<Sliderbar Location="3,15" music_Volume="0.500"

but every time i restart eq the default settings from you are used...?
tried to save in options but no success
Unread 06-04-2006, 07:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ranot - Thanks for the hard work on this!!!

Is there a 'spell casting' graphic? or am I just missing something?

Thanks
Unread 06-06-2006, 03:50 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasanW
Ranot - Thanks for the hard work on this!!!

Is there a 'spell casting' graphic? or am I just missing something?

Thanks
Spell casting graphic? exlain more

As for the sound issue's i'm looking into it.. not sure why it dosn't work just editing the file anymore most likely an include missing somewhere :P
Unread 06-06-2006, 03:57 PM
A Grove Wisp

* Petition window doesn't scroll with the middle mousewheel, and there's no scrollbar. Real pain when you've got a long petition going
* Pretty sure faction doesn't scroll either (have to extend the window)

I'd offer to take over updating the UI seeing as you lost interest in eq2 but:
a.)I'm lazy when it comes to projects like this
b.)It'd fall like 5 LUs behind
Unread 06-14-2006, 10:34 PM
A Griffon

This may be the last update I do to vert, I had to cancel my account
due to monitary reasons.. I will try with the next update to still do one
but without having ingame access I can't really test so can't make any
promises... I'm truely sorry for this and wish there was another way.
Anyways.. onto the update....

-----
Gold got a little lift to stop droopage
- Gold on inventory is aligned with the rest

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's on to LU 24 we go!
- Changes to Quest Journal, and The New Market Window Are In Place
Unread 06-15-2006, 11:58 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Butcherblock
Red face thanks

Thanks again then Ranot. I was bummed about the broken broker thing last night but happy now that i see this, and that it should work once i get home and uninstall and redownload new version.

hope you can come back to the game if you still enjoy it and $ turns better for you.
Unread 06-16-2006, 02:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranot
Spell casting graphic? exlain more

As for the sound issue's i'm looking into it.. not sure why it dosn't work just editing the file anymore most likely an include missing somewhere :P

Not sure if you can do it now, but maybe if someone else pick's up the ball...

Spell/ability casting - as from DracoKyn's UI, the orbs on both the char and group "fill" as the spell/ability is casting. As of right now, only the icon's grey out during this.

Just an idea to add this. There are times that I am queing and timing my next based on a visual timer of the current spell/ability being cast.
Unread 06-16-2006, 10:32 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default infocenter doesn't show up in my journal

This is the first time I've used this mod, so maybe I screwed something up. None of the non-standard (infocenter) tabs are showing up in the Quest Journal window.

Any ideas?