EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 01-29-2006, 03:54 AM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor

All you folk with map troubles: Did you set eq2map updater to NOT overwrite eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml? Default behaviour is to silently overwrite. That can be changed in options - it'll ask, and you'll have to choose "No" every time.
Unread 01-29-2006, 07:14 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

- Gumba

Yes, I have eq2map set to prompt me on the overwrite and i deny it everytime.

Since I'm one of the few people this is effecting, I'm inclined to think it has something to do with my setup, but I have tried alot of different things, and fresh installs. Its the only ui mod I have, so i'm not sure what could have been causing it on my end.

At least I have been able to roll back to 5.2 with no issues.
Unread 01-29-2006, 02:47 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Default Release 5.4

Version 5.4 is available for download.

Version notes

Don't forget to rate the download and add it to your favorites if you haven't already.

I am now accepting donation through PayPal, which will also help me gadge how much effort I should put into supporting these UIs going forward.

Unread 01-29-2006, 06:37 PM
A Griffawn

Default Yay! ....

Thank you very much for putting in the infocenter into your UI. I had it added in with a macro made up to bring it up. Now I dont have to use the macro. Very nice. But alas more map issues prevail... Now upon entering the game when I press the M key to bring up the map, the map has NO POI's at all. I think this is something to do with this new thing the eq2map people have done with the ability to turn off and on certain types of POI's. Also with regards to the minimap, if you try and click on any of the directional buttons to move what area of the map is being shown, it simply closes your map. It also still fries the map when trying to go from mini map back to full map. Does anyone know of a different map mod that I can use while Zonx addresses these issues?
Still the best UI out there hands down!

Drunador
Unread 01-29-2006, 07:23 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunador
But alas more map issues prevail... Now upon entering the game when I press the M key to bring up the map, the map has NO POI's at all. I think this is something to do with this new thing the eq2map people have done with the ability to turn off and on certain types of POI's. Also with regards to the minimap, if you try and click on any of the directional buttons to move what area of the map is being shown, it simply closes your map. It also still fries the map when trying to go from mini map back to full map. Does anyone know of a different map mod that I can use while Zonx addresses these issues?
Drunador
Similar issues here - I made sure it did NOT overwrite the XML that drives Zonx's Fetich Nightfall map interface, but the new stuff underneath of it from EQ2 map looks to have been massively overhauled - not jsut addition, but structural changes as well. I'd not be surprised if this is what broke the Map part of Fetish UI. I'm going to use ThorUI for the moment until I see the map fix come out (or someone tells me how to fix this) But I am going to miss this layout that only Fetish makes possible. (Donation incoming!).

Other than that, 5.3+5.4 is working fine.
Unread 01-29-2006, 07:49 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Lucan DLere

Ok I supose I should say my words of praise before I as for a request. Zonx, Excellent work you have done here. I find this UI to be very versitile and very easily customizable to my teeny weeny 1024x768 monitor. Fantastic job. Now on to my issues.

Hotbars: Love them very much but for one thing. The numbers don't hide. Nor does the bank selector. This would be great if there was a solution to fix this. I generally run my hotbars at 30 setting and background black and the numbers just skew my view of the icons.

Chat Window: Ok there is that tab thing above where the chat tabs are. That extends the chat window up a lil further and along with it is just dead space. It'd be cool if the chat window was just rectangular. And actually all the windows have this little tab. But I'm dealing with it. LOL

Player window and group windows: Player window could benifit from having the effects such as poison and arcane returned. I'm a healer and everyone gets the ailmen removed but me. As for the Player windows. It'd be grand if they had actual number readouts of health and power. I understand that this is a all class UI but some help for the healer class would be most welcomed.

Map: Well you probally know all about the map issues. So I'll not rehash those. But I too am having the issues that most are having.

Start button: I know What on earth is wrong with that? Well it's tiny and this is good. But can we beef it up with a bag button and nightvison. Kinda like the other nify start buttons. But one witch the features actually work. Oh and maybe a performance panel on it too, one that works LOL.

Purple Motif: Nothing wrong here. But is there a simple way of reskinning it? Or are those Fetish Themes up to date for the latest version of Nightfall?

I know that was alot but those are trully just suggestions. I really enjoy this UI. Even though I hide most of it. So I hope you take this post as a compliment and as feedback not a whine or a rant. I trully love this UI and will even if these things stay the same. Oh and nice call on adding InfoCenter!
Unread 01-29-2006, 10:47 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen

Thanks for the Update Zonx. I didn't have the thingy checked in EQmap updater so that was probably alot of my problem.

Thanks again for all your wonderful work.
Unread 01-29-2006, 10:54 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos
Default Map Issues

With respect to the Fetish 5.4 map issues, this is what I have noticed:

1) If the POIs checkbox is NOT set:
a) The POIs do not show up on the map.
b) The POIs Tooltips DO show up.
Ie., you can mouse over where a POI should be visible and get its tooltip.
2) If the POIs checkbox IS set:
a) The POIs do not show up on the map.
b) The POIs Tooltips do not show up on the map.
Unread 01-30-2006, 04:17 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Default Map Issues

Bah! Ok sounds like the EQ2Maps updater is FINALLY pushing out the long awated code changes. Figures this would happen just days after I got tired of waiting for it and pushed out my interum fixes.

I will need to overhaul my files to work with the new EQ2Maps stuff. Untill then the following should work...

Setup your EQ2.ini file for your Fetish directory
Run EQ2Maps updater
Install Fetish, overwriting all eq2maps files.

Do not run the EQ2Maps updater again untill Fetish has been updated to work with the latest changes.
Unread 01-30-2006, 06:54 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Wanted to give a big thanks to Zonx!

All my map problems are fixed with this latest update.

I downloaded the eq2map manual insatll zip file instead of the auto-update version and am having no problems with the map.

Seya
Unread 01-30-2006, 10:35 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitargo
I downloaded the eq2map manual insatll zip file instead of the auto-update version and am having no problems with the map.
Looks like this is the way to go
Unread 01-30-2006, 11:56 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Najena

I re-activated my account this weekend and loaded up the newest version of Fetish Nightfall and it worked perfectly for me.

Just want to say thanks Zonx for your hard work. Great UI!!!
Unread 01-31-2006, 08:55 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Everfrost
Question Persona Bar disappearance

As others have said, I believe the option for a donation to be a good one, and will be donating from my next paycheck.

Having said that, I updated to 5.4 and have a couple glitches to report.

In the tradeskill window, as of 5.4, in the box to the left of stop/repeat, the icon square turns red/green instead of the gray it used to. How can I get the gray back? The red/green is very distracting to the eye.

Also, if you click the edit button, the filter line on the top of the window has a brown background, instead of the usual white. Not sure when that started.

And, no matter what I try, my persona bar will not show on my screen. I have read the .doc completely, from start to finish, and altered my persona, clock, and compass files as the .doc shows. When I open the persona window, and click the personabar button, nothing happens. I even did the 'window default location' with no results. I have included the files, hoping someone can tell me where I'm going wrong, as I find the personabar to be a necessity.

Last edited by Sablerose : 06-01-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Unread 01-31-2006, 09:11 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Yep, the manual install should still contain the older setup, just don't run the updater for now

FYI I have confirmed EQ2Maps has pushed out a major overhaul. I've been working with the team to iron out a few remaining issues with plugin and reskinning support. I have a working file set with all previous FetishMaps functionality + the new POI filtering. A Fetish update will be issued as soon as these changes go live on EQ2Maps.
Unread 01-31-2006, 09:31 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Sablerose, find ResultColorPage in the tradeskill file. Set its size="0,0" or opacity="0.000". This object is a "susseful counter" indicator. Red means you blew the counter, green means you hit the right button. You might play with the opacity value so you still see it but aren't bothered by it.

The edit filter title background (and most other text boxes) do this if you have an older _FetishStyles.xml installed, sometimes included with old addons, patches, themes and 3rd party mods. Always use the very latest FetishSyles.xml.

Make sure your eq2ui_mainhud.xml has an include for _Fetish_mainhud_personabar.xml. If that fails, try renaming your character_server_settings.ini. Sometimes these files get corupted and refuse to allow changes to random windows. The files you attached look fine.
Unread 01-31-2006, 03:56 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharzon
I boot up EQ2 fast. I log in even faster. I log in before my toon can have a chance to log out. I believe they implemented that if yer loggin in from the same IP address as the one you were logged in with before, it logs you out and logs you in. I haven't had it tell me I couldn't log back in for a long time now, at least a few LU's. So, my money is on them having done something like that. If this is still doing it for you, or anyone, I have no clue as everyone I've seen still logged in when they reconnect, the log off, followed immediately by logging in..
It only happens when using Fetish - I tried doing the exact same thing using Default UI and there was an 'OK' button there - just to allow me to go back to normal char select screen, instead of having to close eq2 and start it again.

EDIT: But I haven't tried the latest version of Fetish yet, so I can't comment on whether or not it's been fixed lol. Installing it now...
Unread 02-02-2006, 12:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Has anyone tried this with LU19 yet? I know last night they were sending out system wide message reminding people to disable their UI for the patch today. Just wondering if anyone has tried this yet even just on the test server.
Unread 02-02-2006, 01:22 PM
A Forest Scavenger

At this point, the best I can do is look at the character screen. I went ahead and deleted the files they show they updated. However, I've alredy noticed I have a problem with the placement of the loading screen (the flash screen?) and the character screen isn't formatted correctly even though I deleted the newcharacterscene (which they updated) which I thought was the character screen....
Unread 02-02-2006, 04:20 PM
A Griffawn

At the current time the logging screen does indeed look a little funky. I imagine replacing the eq2ui_logingscene.xml would solve that temporarily. Ok tried it, and while it now is full screen the lines remain in small mode. Am sure there was a post on how to get rid of it further back from LU 18 but cant seem to find it
Unread 02-02-2006, 05:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Are you talking about character select screen? I could deal with that I honestly could care less as I almost never go to character select screen. I'm just wondering if the base UI is working in game or if there are parts that are not work. I logged in with the default UI and just about threw myself off the roof. It sucks that bad.
Unread 02-02-2006, 05:12 PM
A Coastal Crab

So far i've noticed the banking window is different (because the old one doesn't pop up).... the spell/skill bars apparently are supposed to have a new right click option, but it's not really needed... still looking around...
Unread 02-02-2006, 07:07 PM
A Brown Bear

As of LU19 i am having some issues with this interface here they are,
for characters under level 20 they have your character on a boat but nothing is available to do, not even exit, options or play buttons show up.
with toons over 20 that i can get into the game with i have a black box with a white stripe thru it that i can not get rid of.

all other windows seem to be working well, will post back if that changes

other then that i love using this UI and can't wait for the LU19 compatible version
Unread 02-02-2006, 09:57 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Kithicor
Default Getting it up and running

Ok,

this is take1 quick-and-dirty, just to get up-and-running with character creation and stuff. Haven't bothered about new functionality or "funky looks" - that's for Zonx to do .

Do share what you find in the game - if stuff crashes or is broken - not looking funky, but plain broken - the rest of us want to know .

So here it is, Gumba's dirty three:
- Replace eq2ui_mainhud.xml with the file attached to this post
- Replace eq2ui_popup.xml with the file attached to this post
- Rename or delete eq2ui_newcharscene.xml

That's for the files in the UI/Fetish directory, of course.

Once you've done step three, you'll see a decidedly funky-looking login screen, and character creation will be ugly. But functional. Same for under-20 chars - they'll work, but the class selection screen won't be a beauty.

If the inability to drag inside a hotbar bothers you, you can:
- Live with it and drag from knowledge book while Zonx fixes things
- OR rename or delete eq2ui_mainhud_quickbar.xml

I opted for "live with it". I don't want to have to resize and reposition my hotbars, twice.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud.xml (2.9 KB, 276 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_popup.xml (1.0 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by Gumba : 02-03-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Unread 02-03-2006, 09:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the great Interfaces Zonx

I do hope that you do not decide it is not worth while to keep creating. Also getting burned out by the game is understandable.

Donation has been sent. I Appreciate what you do.

Pappy
PS I think I sent donation from NotPappy...
Unread 02-03-2006, 10:07 AM
A Brown Bear

Other then the funny looking Char select screen I have no issues with this UI, all I did was go in and delete the files they changed from the update notes and it runs great for me no issues.

to fix the char under 20 problem delete the newchar xml file in your UI folder, you will get the funny deal but it will allow you to select your class and enter game once you have done that you can use the quick camp feature which I love to switch between differnt players.