EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 02-02-2009, 01:34 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Removing a button... is it possible?

i love the UI but ive always had 1 pet peeve with it.. as a mystic i used the Cure hotkeys by each players name and also the 1-6 buttons to cast my wards and heals on the non tanks, but does the kick player from party x have to be right next to the 1? i tend to be the party leader usually when im with my friends and have on more than one occation accidently kicked someone trying to ward them because i clicked to fast trying to hit the 1.

i would love if yall would remove that X completely personally but thats my opinion/request

thanks for a great UI!

(parden my spelling O_o)
Unread 02-14-2009, 05:56 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: The Bazaar

My husband is frequently cussing about this and I've been trying to edit the groupmembers window to remove that particular button. The problem I'm running into is when I manage to take out the X button to kick/quit group, for some reason I am also losing button #4. I have no clue why this happens.

Any ideas?
Unread 02-14-2009, 06:18 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiane View Post
My husband is frequently cussing about this and I've been trying to edit the groupmembers window to remove that particular button. The problem I'm running into is when I manage to take out the X button to kick/quit group, for some reason I am also losing button #4. I have no clue why this happens.

Any ideas?
Is this still an issue with the non-compact group window on the auto-updater? The [x] should be disabled there while in combat.
Unread 02-14-2009, 11:59 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Is this still an issue with the non-compact group window on the auto-updater? The [x] should be disabled there while in combat.
I'll have to check with him as I tend to solo a lot and craft so I haven't used the buttons much. I'm pretty sure it's not disabled in combat right now tho judging from the stream of obscenities I was hearing earlier today LOL!

I did notice that button #4 is missing on both of our computers, not just mine, so this was not caused by my editing the xml file while trying to get rid of the [x] button. I did figure out how to completely remove the [x], but I have no idea why #4 is missing. I went so far as to delete the groupmembers file completely and used the updater to redownload it, but that didn't work.

Last edited by Xiane : 02-15-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Unread 02-15-2009, 01:43 AM
A Sea Turtle

Ok, I downloaded the manual install files and extracted the groupmembers.xml file from that. Now the [x] IS disabled during combat, but only for those actively in combat. Healing does not put you into combat so it does not disable the button (hubby is a warden).

So....I will go ahead and modify the xml file to remove that button entirely in an effort to keep the peace around here.

*edited for stupidity :P*
- One for the duh files .... apparently button configuration changes according to level/class and I never noticed because I haven't been using the macro buttons. *blush* Please delete the bug report I filed in an effort to be helpful .... sigh. What threw me off was that on my assassin I have no #4 but do have #5 for assist. Maybe this could be changed to be #4 so there isnt a gap in the buttons to confuse stupid people like me? LOL!

Last edited by Xiane : 02-15-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Unread 02-15-2009, 05:57 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The manual install files don't yet have the updated group window, it's only on the auto-updater. And healing should put you on the mob's hatelist, which is actually what the window is checking. During my testing the button disabling worked fine.

And the gap between the buttons was intentional to make that button easier to hit while at the same time avoiding accidental clicks thereon. You can edit the _ProfitUI_Quickraidbuttons.txt file to change that if you want.