EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 10-18-2007, 04:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Changing fonts for windows

Is there an easy way to change the font type in the chat window? Without editing eq2ui_textstyles, I mean?

I have been happily using some font for everything related to my toons, and had saved all the features I wanted in extreme_performance. Then, the other day, I decided I wanted to look at stuff in extreme_quality, and when I was done I reloaded extreme_performance. Well, apparently the fonts I was using previously weren't saved, because everything changed to Arial- one I am not a big fan of. I prefer Times New Roman or many others. Editing .xml files isn't my idea of fun, seems SoE should have an option to let you choose what font you want for at a minimum the overall game and the chat window specifically, not just font sizes.

I think that is the biggest reason why I miss the buttons in ThorUI that used to exist that could change the graphics quality from extreme performance to extreme quality without having to load/save anything, though the ability to save/load presets is also valuable.

Thanks in advance.
Unread 10-19-2007, 12:45 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I'm pretty sure you can change your chat text font via the in game options menu (under the user interface section, I believe). IIRC (I haven't been able to play the game for over a year now, so I'm not 100% about it), you will be able to use any of the fonts you have available from your operating system.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"