EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 06-08-2007, 03:01 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Chat window problem

Was just curious about my chat window. The problem is, whenever I log in, whether it be from the EQ2 client or a simple /camp name command, my chat window is no longer accessible upon logging on. Each time I log in, I have to hit the 'enter' key to bring up my chat as if to type something. From that point on, it is fine. It's kinda weird though. Sometimes, I'll get a /tell from someone while I'm logging in, and I won't know what it is. I'll have to press backspace or 'r' to even find out whom it was from.

It's really not that big of a deal, just somewhat bothersome and was curious if this is due to ThorUI or some other program or fault of my own, and was looking for some insight.

Just to curb any troubleshooting steps, I will let you know that I have deleted my files in the ThorUI folders and re-updated a few times since this has started. (It has actually been like this for quite some time... a few months now)

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be very appreciated! And, as always, a huge thumbs up on a job well done. This is, by far, the best darned EQ2 UI out there in my opinion! Whenever another player asks me about UI's, I suggest this one every time. Thanks a lot and keep up the excellent work!
Unread 06-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

The trouble actually comes from how SOE has the (good and evil) chat channels setup.

Basically your characters uisettings file saves your window preferences. (where they are, how big they are, and so forth...)
The uisettings file also saves your chat window layout as well as what channels you are a member of aka "joined".

The problem you mention is usually due to saving one characters uisetting file and then loading it to another character that can't access the same chat channels as your other character...

Best way to fix it is to be sure you have my window placements setup as a feature download option.
If so, then simply log in and type /load_uisettings
Then choose one of the two available options that I offer (1024x768 or 1280x1024)
Note: you can be using a screen resolution of 999999x99999999 and my layouts will still work... (Just load one then drag and drop the window to suit you.)
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 06-08-2007, 09:45 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up Ahhhh

Thanks much for that insight Faetyl! I'll start toying around with the settings then.