EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 06-05-2006, 01:17 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Channels I can't get rid of..

I recently switched to your UI in hopes to find something organized and easy to use. Which it is and I applaud you for doing a great job. I love it. But I am having one problem. I use your settings for the preset windows and UI set up for the full screen version and with it comes channels that for one, I can't join and two.. I can't get rid of them. They remain in the box of custom made channels when they are game channels such as Freeport assassin and level channels all the way to cap. I can still join my own channels but my numbers are off and it may seem a bit petty but I would like to know how to get rid of them. I tried troubleshooting and even going into the ui file of each toon to correct it and as it seemed to help with one of my toons it may have just caused issues with others. I eventually deleted the UI and re-installed it. But the channels are still present. Can you help me with this? Can I simply just delete the channel names from each UI file per toon or is there a better way that ensures no problems with the UI. I would really hate to give it up.

I also found on one of my toons when I right-click on chat options (she didn't have preset windows set up) that the game would freeze. I troubleshooted and picked one of your settings again and it seemed to fix it. Just wanted to put that out there.
Unread 06-05-2006, 01:51 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

/leavechannel <#>
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 06-05-2006, 02:16 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I have already tried that. But considering they are channels I don't have the right requirements to join in the first place that means that command won't work. The problem isn't that I am in those channels as much as I am not in those channels and can't get them out of my list of channels in my chat options. For example in case its not clear. When I right click and go to chat options there are a list of channels that my character can join that are provided by the EQ2 community. Such as the class channels and level channels. THen there are the list of costom player made channels you can join and create. In that box of the ones you are joined in are the channels Freeport Assassin, level channels all the way up to 60-69. These are not channels that any of my toons can join. I do not play an assassin nor do I have a character over 40. Not to mention, these channels should not be in the custom channel box.

So now I have channels I am not in taking up channel #'s and messing up the rest of my channels.

These channels came from the UI. In my research into the issue I found that it came with the custom window set up the ThorUI provides for fullscreen 1280x1024 resolution.

I only wish /leavechannel <#> was the answer.. unfortunatly it isn't.
Unread 06-05-2006, 02:41 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezy
These channels came from the UI. In my research into the issue I found that it came with the custom window set up the ThorUI provides for fullscreen 1280x1024 resolution.
This is not the case, as I have used the same preset arrangement and I have not had any problems such as this.

Not to point out the obvious (which is the easiest type of solution to overlook), but have you simply unchecked those channels you do not wish to be in?

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 06-05-2006, 03:36 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Yes I have. There are there unchecked yet still taking up numbers. Make sense? I even checked them to enter and leave them. But as I don't have the requirements to enter the chats I can't enter them to leave them. They just sit there unchecked in my channel display.

There is no other explanation for it. I do not have that high lvl characters and I even uninstalled and re-installed the entire progam to fix it. I don't even play an assassin. And it was not part of my channels before I had that UI. Maybe its a game glitch but I seriously doubt it.

Somehow, I managed to get rid of the channels from one of my toons. I did the exact ame thing with the rest but all it did was mess up the entire UI for them and not the one. Which resulted in the freezing when I tried to enter chat options.

Last edited by Squeezy : 06-05-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Unread 06-05-2006, 03:36 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

It's not that simple. There is a bug in EQ2 where if your uisettings file has a channel that you are not allowed to join, it permanently locks a number that can never be used again.

The only solution is to delete your uisettings.ini and position yourself, or copy from an alt that is working fine.

/leavechannel will not work, nor will the checkboxes in channel options.
Unread 06-05-2006, 03:44 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

delete the ui settings for each character? That would be the entire ui file under that name, correct? Then simply copy/paste a working UI into those characters? I am not to smart when it comes to this sort of stuff so I have toclarify what needs to be done as I am prone to mess things up more. I think I tried that also.. but didn't work. Perhaps I did it wrong in my utter frustration. But thanx for that useful bit of info I will try it. Any other suggestions or a quick step-by-step will be appreciated as well. *blows kisses* thanx!
Unread 06-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

The following only works if you have a character you know everything is working correctly..

1. login to a character where you have the channel problem.
2. type /load_uisettings
3. select the ui settings of the character that is working.
4. The game should copy the file over for you and all is now good.

Otherwise how you explained should work fine too.

Or if all your characters channels are messed up you'll need to delete all your <server>_<charater name>_eq2_uisettings.ini files. This will reset your interface window posistions and channels back to default.

Last edited by Dolby : 06-05-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Unread 06-05-2006, 04:00 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Actually /load_uisettings won't always properly replace channel setups. The only way to be sure you copy it correctly is to delete the uisettings.ini for each broken character and manually copy it over.
Unread 06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia

I joined Heritage channel and decided not to be on the channel anymore. So I unchecked it and went on. The next day, I was back in the channel automatically. I unchecked again and went on. The next The same thing happened AGAIN! So I /leavechannel 1, it says I left, but gee, relog and there it is again! No where in my uisettings does it state to join that channel on log in, I used notepad and checked. For some reason, and with all my characters on the account, they ALL join heritage and rejoin even if I /leavechannel or uncheck it and relog. (Relog meaning all the way out of EQ2 and reload/log. And BTW, only ONE character originally joined the channel.... now they all are.

Any ideas?!
Unread 06-05-2006, 05:12 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I have one character that I managed to get rid of those pesky channels on. So I will try the /loud_uisettings and see what happens. If that doesn't work I will try it manually. I'll let you know. ANd thanx again!
Unread 06-05-2006, 06:25 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Unfortunatly the /load_uisettings command didn't work. Going to attempt it manually. *crosses fingers* Here's hoping.