EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 09-21-2007, 12:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Hey Thor please keep supporting the Ui

I have tried numerous UIs for EQ2 but by far yours is the best hands down. I hope your not thinking of not supporting it any more. I'm pretty sure its time demanding but I pledge to donate you $10 usd and hopefully other ppl will to. This UI saved me from quiting EQ2 its that good well thanks again for everything you have done this far and hope you dont throw in the towel just yet. BTW you putting a hot fix for the appearance tabs shortly?
Unread 10-02-2007, 10:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

He (faetyl, the creator of ThorUI) posted at the end of last year after EoF was released that he had left the world of Norrath and would no longer support or Update the UI, sorry my friend. I myself sorely morn the loss of Thorui but have moved on, I currently use ProfitUI and while I thank that UI creator for his time and efforts, I personally still miss my ThorUI
Unread 10-02-2007, 11:05 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Faetyl was convinced afterwards to continue the UI (see this post). Haven't seen him in a while though, can't say whether he left for good or is just taking a well deserved break. He's still logging onto the site though so not all is lost.

It is difficult to keep the motivation up to support a UI if you are no longer playing. Same for me, I'm no longer playing, one of the reasons why ProfitUI updates are taking so much longer than they used to...
Unread 10-02-2007, 11:24 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Faetyl was convinced afterwards to continue the UI (see this post). Haven't seen him in a while though, can't say whether he left for good or is just taking a well deserved break. He's still logging onto the site though so not all is lost.

It is difficult to keep the motivation up to support a UI if you are no longer playing. Same for me, I'm no longer playing, one of the reasons why ProfitUI updates are taking so much longer than they used to...
Wow, I didn't realize you didn't even play EQ2 anymore. Well, I've just come back after a long break and so far it has been tons of fun. An amazingly better game then when it first came out. I dusted off the modding skills and have already begun tweaking the profit UI. I hope you still can support the mod through the upcoming changes. If not I will at least try and keep it going for myself, and maybe others if needed. Thanks a ton for the work on the mod!
Unread 10-18-2007, 01:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Venekor

Oh, I have been wondering about this since the forum is so quite and the AU haven't downloaded any new files for me in some time.

When Faetyl had decided to continue development at the EOF launch a bunch of us users made donations to show our support and as an incentive. I, for one, would be willing to do so again.

If anyone knows the plans for the future I'm sure there are others who are curious, too. RoK is on the horizon now and I would expect any UI that doesn't get updated will be effectively broken after that launch.
(that was the case with EOF)

Regardless, thanks for a beatiful UI Faetyl. Substance and style, just perfect.

EDIT:
I didn't see this before, but Faetyl says he's around so all us worry warts can calm down.
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9082

Last edited by noskire : 10-19-2007 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Learned how to read