EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 10-18-2007, 09:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost
Default Hot button bars stuck, not locked

Hi,
I seem to always have trouble with UI's, no matter what game I play. That tells me it's a user problem, not a UI problem, so I apologize in advance!

I just downloaded and installed this UI. Of course, right after my first login all of the windows need to be moved, resized, etc. I've got most of them moved, but the hot bars are stuck. They aren't locked, or at least they've been unlocked from the right click box on the bars, and now that box has the option to lock them.

I am also new to EQ2, so I'm having a bit of a time figuring out lots of different things. I have clicked on every visible, and some not visible, space of these bars to try and drag them. The far left, far right, top left, top right, middle, between the individual box pieces, you get the picture. I can't make them move.

How can I either move the boxes or delete the boxes altogether and make the default ones come up? Either will work, but the hotbars in the middle of my screen won't work for me.

Thanks a million!
~K
John 3:16

Unread 10-18-2007, 09:49 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I realize it's the least of your worries at this point, but let me just quickly touch on the first issue you talked about (having to manually move all your windows). Odds are you did not use one of the preset CHARACTER_SERVER_uisettings.ini file included in the updater (I can't recall exactly how they are named, but I'm pretty sure there are labelled with the screen resolutions in the file names). If you used one of those and renamed it with the above mentioned style (your character's name_the server your play on_uisettings.ini) that should've relieved the need to manually move the windows.

Now as far as your hotbars go, I believe (as long as they are unlocked, which it sounds like you have been able to do) you should be able to grab them anywhere between the individual keys on the bars and move them. Try slowly moving your mouse pointer along the center of one of the bars until you get a crosshairs icon, then you should be able to grab the bar and move it.

I used to use this same UI, but I've been out of the game for a little over a year now, so I'm doing this all (well, at least the hotbar issue) from memory. So don't shoot me if I haven't helped much!

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"