Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 11-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Default ThorUI WILL Continue!!!

Please spread the word that ThorUI AU WILL continue:
I've been "convinced" to continue the ThorUI (Thanks to my wife and all the posts, email, and private messages asking me to reconsider.)

Donations:
Added "Make a Donation" button
Updating the ThorUI has become a second "unpaid" job that takes almost as much time as my "paying" job, therefore your donations will be much appreciated and assist in continuing the ThorUI project.

Looking for a Programmer:
Please contact me if you are a talented & trusted programer as I plan to go all out with improvements.
Or if you know one, have them contact me.
The programmer is needed for a planned revamp of the autoupdater.

Update Notes:
I've added an "Update Notes" section to the main forum.
If something changes I plan to post them there.

Acknowledgements:
I want to make sure everyone understands that it is due to the combined effort of all Interface Authors/Modders that the ThorUI was created and continues. Many of what you see in the ThorUI is done in part for the genious minds of those authors.
So know that when you thank me, you are also thanking all the interface modders and lets not forget those who over see the site.

My new outlook:
While we as Interface Authors/Modders have seen many "issues" with the Default Interface, DataTypes, and other Hard Coded items, we've sent our suggestions in via in game /feedback submissions.
I'd like to modify that to include those of you that use our works.
I plan to create a post that will identify items for you as users to also submit in game /feedback submissions if you agree with our views.
Hopefully this will organize our efforts a bit better in hopes to have SoE address issues identified and/or recommendations made.

Post your replies here...
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 11-17-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Unread 11-17-2006, 04:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I think you just made my wife (read me too) a happy woman. Were still having problems w/ ThorUI post LU29 and so I set her back to default and I have been researching alternatives (tried Profit some time ago and not a big fan of it).

My problems were a bit different then hers since I use mostly your UI w/ plug in for things I like in others (the profit broker, click to cure group and player windows, and a T.King Player window is about it). I have always liked your UI due to stability and this is the first time I have had any issues.

Expect a donation soon =)
Unread 11-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thanks GardenGnome,
Post your issue in the ThorUI Help section and we'll see what we can figure out.
Don't forget; if all else fails, delete the thorui folder in the UI directory and relaunch the ThorUI AU.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-17-2006, 05:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Smile Best news i've gotten in a while

Would like to thank you for you hard work and time, Will look forward to your work once again.Wow i thought i was going to see EQ2 default UI again(NO!!!)

Thanks again
Unread 11-17-2006, 05:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Runnyeye
Default Wonderful news

Thank you for the good news And thank you for continuing your work.
Unread 11-17-2006, 09:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks great to here this ui is here to stay! Thanks for the hard work!
Unread 11-17-2006, 09:58 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Pleased to see that you are going to stay mate

I realy hope this all works out for you

Erm anychace you can lend me $80 , just like my cat is sick and you know etc etc ... LOL

Unread 11-17-2006, 10:02 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Najena
Default donation

hiya
Good to see your going to continue with this ui.i have no probs donating for you to keep up the work.
I will donate once a month while you continue with this

retchetub40
Unread 11-17-2006, 11:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up WoooT ! ! !

Now I can play comforatbly again!!!
Because I tried 5 other UI's and they all left much to be desidred, compared to
THORUI, and that was even with Faetyl's own reccomendations. SO I am so very happy to continue playing and payin.
BTW Faetyl where do I send a donation ? & in what form
& I will let all 3 guilds I am connected with know as well.
Unread 11-18-2006, 10:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Yay

Great news you keeping going, donation already made
Happy Happy Happy!
Unread 11-18-2006, 11:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Fantastic News Faetyl. I cant express how pleased i am to hear that you are going to continue you're fabulous work here.
Unread 11-18-2006, 01:21 PM
A Sea Turtle

that's great to hear - I havn't even played the game since the update cause the default is just lacking.
Chrandon, Coercer
Chrazelle, Assassin
Chranos, Templar
Chrandir, Dirge
Unread 11-18-2006, 02:19 PM
A Coastal Crab

Thanks, thanks and thanks agains ;-)
Unread 11-18-2006, 02:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone

This is good news. I have been testing ProfitUI and just can not find a configuration that I like in it.

I will say that should you care to include a version of the group cure that I discovered in Profit that would be cool.

Looking very much forward to switching back to ThorUI.

The Ancient One
Unread 11-18-2006, 03:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

Thank You SOOO much for continuing Thorui!!! Thor is the only ui my family has truly enjoyed using. We are so happy to hear that you'll still be making the game the best it can be. We were also glad to see that so many people let you know how fantastic a job you do. We already sent our donation -- I sure hope all the other people who use your service will show you that they are willing to support your work with more than words so you can keep improving the best ui in the game.

Thanx again,
Ravenclaw33
Unread 11-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thank you,
The group cure is already available in the Full size horizontal group window and will make it to the other configurations as soon as I get a chance.
I've added an update section so you can check for updates easier but as always the best way to see the availble features is via the Auto Updater "..." buttons next to each feature. (I know, there is a lot to look through though)
I hope to make it easier to see all the great features available with a redesign of the Auto Updater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient1
This is good news. I have been testing ProfitUI and just can not find a configuration that I like in it.

I will say that should you care to include a version of the group cure that I discovered in Profit that would be cool.

Looking very much forward to switching back to ThorUI.

The Ancient One
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 11-18-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Unread 11-18-2006, 06:57 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Grats glad to here this

Grats I am glad to here this because i like your UI. But found a problem
I am sure it is a minor tweek. Bank and personnel inventory seem to work great when you have large bags for boxes. When goofing off with my lower chars I found 10 slot bags will only open up to 6 (one row) 16 slot boxes will only show 12 (2 rows) this is true in bank and player inventory I had to remove those two from the UI folder to be able to retrive items in those hiden slots. Hope this is an easy fix.
Unread 11-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

This should have been resolved a couple days ago when I broke down and compiled a 4 slot bag. (SOE's coding doesn't allow for anything other than a 4 slot width)
Delete the thorui folder in the ui directory and let the ThorUI AU pull all the files down fresh.
This should get you up to date and with working 4 slot width bags.
Be sure to check out the updates section above for detailed instructions for the window placements files.
Basically I revamped these but you need to manually delete and versions you may have and let the ThorUI AU pull down a fresh copy.
I hope to make all this easier if I can find a programmer to assist with a Auto Updater revamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone521
Grats I am glad to here this because i like your UI. But found a problem
I am sure it is a minor tweek. Bank and personnel inventory seem to work great when you have large bags for boxes. When goofing off with my lower chars I found 10 slot bags will only open up to 6 (one row) 16 slot boxes will only show 12 (2 rows) this is true in bank and player inventory I had to remove those two from the UI folder to be able to retrive items in those hiden slots. Hope this is an easy fix.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 11-18-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Unread 11-24-2006, 03:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Great news!

YOU ARE A DEADSET LEGEND FAETYL !!!

You have made so many people's gaming experience so much better and now that you have the donation button I'll be there clicking.

Great choice to stay on, and as you mentioned (referred to wife) behind every great man is a better then great woman supporting her man, Hat off to you aswell Mrs Faetyl keep the brews coming :P
Unread 12-06-2006, 08:51 AM
A Brown Bear

Hot Damn,

I am glad to hear that you are keeping ThorUI alive... I have tried other UI's but none of them compare to yours...

I would like to thank you for sticking with it and providing us a wonderful and useful UI to use in EQ2...

I wish you and your family a wonderful Holiday Season!

Regards,