Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 12-12-2006, 02:01 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Bordd, Try this...

Launch with the default UI. Examine 1 item and move it to the middle of your screen. Wait 2min then camp to desktop.

Now launch with Fetish and examine something.

If that doesn't work, camp to desktop. Rename your settings file. Log in and import the settings.

If neither of those fixes it, you'll need to trash your settings and re arange your windows. There is a layouts folder in your Fetish directory that includes settings files for 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 that might save you some time.

Once you get it setup how you want, make a backup of your settings file. I also recomend making a backup before any UI swap. Fetish uses a different base resolution than virtually every other UI, so stuff near the screen edges can wind up off screen when you swap UIs. Best to have a bakup of reliable settings for Fetish.
Unread 12-12-2006, 01:43 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Hmm... so should I just remove the Rage button or would it be useful to have one for every Rage skill?
Would be nice if in a future update you could Scroll the window to show just the button you need for that toon. Just an idea.
Unread 12-12-2006, 04:12 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks Zonx. In playing with it, I ended up getting it to work by /load_uisettings to a character I never used the default UI on in the brief period I didn't have Fetish to use. Thanks for the help. I was already working thru your solution when I decided to try the old character's settings.

Ok another question. On all my characters I minimize the inventory screen then use the drop down thing to only see my charm/weapons/ammo and Bags. Each time I log on I have to minimize it then move it to it's place then do the drop down feature. Is there any way for me to make that default on log in? I know this isn't a bug so if it belongs in another area move it or delete it.
Unread 12-12-2006, 08:11 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

I used to include a word doc that had instructions for that and similar customizations. Most everything else from that doc has been ported to a stickied thread in this forum but I have not yet ported all the customization instructions.

I need to varify each has correct info. I'm almost certain some need updating befor I post them. Keep an eye out for updates to the Customizations thread. Your question will eventually get answered there
Unread 12-14-2006, 06:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Character creation bug

Hi Zonx,

I first noticed this problem in 7.5 and it is in 8.0 as well.
When creating a new character, the NEXT button is missing and you cannot continue. If you change to the default eq2.ini, the NEXT button is there and character creation can be completed.

I am not sure if I am the only one having this problem or not.

Rhavin
Unread 12-14-2006, 06:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Whilst the "Next" is missing from the character creation page, if you click the orb next to where the "Next" should be you can continue. It seems to be a visual hiccup only.

Oh yeah, BTW, Thank you, Zonx.

My hat off to you and your UI!

Phea
Conjuror, Unrest Server
Unread 12-16-2006, 01:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Examine Error(s)

Zonx,

My problem with the first examine window is back, not sure why.

In the UI error log it's saying "Couldn't load .xml" "Encountered data outside of container tags" ":: Could not access resource eq2ui_Examine_xamineRecipe.xml"

This is strange, it's only the first examine window that does this, the second and third operate fine. Do you have any suggestions other than a fresh install?

Thanks
Unread 12-16-2006, 05:11 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Re-extract eq2ui_examin.xml from the Fetish ZIP.

Also check that your eq2ui.xml has this line of code
Code:
<include>eq2ui_examine.xml</include>
There should not be an include for eq2ui_examine_xamineRecipie.xml.

If there's a eq2ui_fonts.xml file in your Fetish directory, delete it. Its probably an old version that came from some other mod and does not include new fonts required by SOE.
Unread 12-20-2006, 11:51 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Hotbar settings

I had to do a complete reinstall of EQ2 today and I downloaded Nightfall 8.0 and installed it. I ran the eq2map updater, and logged into the game. I had to reset my hotbars which is fine, but when I go into the hotbar settings option I get a white box surrounded by a big black box. I have the microsoft Framenetwork 1.1 which it said was required in the readme notes. Did I do something wrong or do I need to install a new version of the microsoft framenetwork?

Thanks Zonx, i love the ui.
Unread 12-21-2006, 09:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor
Default hotbar settings

I didn't have to reinstall EQ2 to get this happen...I also lost the ability to hide the spinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kordolmer
I had to do a complete reinstall of EQ2 today and I downloaded Nightfall 8.0 and installed it. I ran the eq2map updater, and logged into the game. I had to reset my hotbars which is fine, but when I go into the hotbar settings option I get a white box surrounded by a big black box. I have the microsoft Framenetwork 1.1 which it said was required in the readme notes. Did I do something wrong or do I need to install a new version of the microsoft framenetwork?

Thanks Zonx, i love the ui.
Unread 12-21-2006, 09:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

It looks like LU#30 broke that window somehow (even though the patch notes don't say anything was changed as far as windows go), as I'm getting the same exact problem.
Unread 12-21-2006, 09:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor

looks like a new file was added by soe according to the compare Dolby posted. eq2ui_popup_hotkeyoptions.xml is the new file. Don't know why it wouldn't work.

Keep up the good work Zonx.

found the issue and Zonx had it covered already. See his post at

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7449

tested and works for me

Last edited by Epeank : 12-21-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Unread 12-21-2006, 02:04 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default LFG window not returning results

Just noticed a small issue, wasnt sure if it is on SOE's end or on the UI itself, but since LU#30, I noticed the LFG window does not return the values when you search for players LFG, in the UI window it just says:

[DEVL]Test

the LFG query results DO show up in the chat window as usual, so the /who all lfg command is returning values, but they dont come through to the LFG window itself.

thought I'd mention it =) thanks for all the great work, zonx!
Unread 12-21-2006, 03:11 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost

Didn't see this anywhere else, so...

1. When attempting to remove an ignored player from the "Y" window (not sure what the name of that window is ), I get crashed to desktop with the Error: Report to Microsoft pop-up.

Didn't try with default UI, so can't say if it's Fetish Nightfall or not.

Thanks
Unread 12-21-2006, 06:13 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Some minor structural changes were made to the comunity window. I'll double check but SOE may not have retained backwards compatability with the old structure.
Unread 12-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Not sure if it's just me... but the 8.0 hotbars seem to be having the resizing issue the default ones did. By that I mean they're still having the same default size when smaller... making it impossible to stack them tightly like I like to.
Unread 12-21-2006, 11:40 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Yah there's a minimum height issue when icons are smaller than 33. I'll have to play with it to see if it can be fixed. I suspect the window is hard coded to use set minimum height based off the spinner's height. I may be able to work around this but its obviously changed from pre LU30 since my windows behave differently now and they didn't change.

I just did some tests with the Inventory.Locator. Its deffinetly a minimum size issue. You'll notice the hieght changes when the spinner is hidden. If you set the spinner how you want it, use the Locator script box to set the minimumsize to 0,(icons size +6), then drag an edge of the hotbar, it works as it should.
Unread 12-22-2006, 09:33 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Yah there's a minimum height issue when icons are smaller than 33. I'll have to play with it to see if it can be fixed. I suspect the window is hard coded to use set minimum height based off the spinner's height. I may be able to work around this but its obviously changed from pre LU30 since my windows behave differently now and they didn't change.

I just did some tests with the Inventory.Locator. Its deffinetly a minimum size issue. You'll notice the hieght changes when the spinner is hidden. If you set the spinner how you want it, use the Locator script box to set the minimumsize to 0,(icons size +6), then drag an edge of the hotbar, it works as it should.
Are you saying that you figured out a solution to "the" hotbar issue or will this only work with your specific hotbars?

If this will work with other modded hotbars how would I go about implementing this fix into the version that I use? I know that you described the fix but it's a bit over my head.

Any insight would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Unread 12-22-2006, 06:09 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

I've identified the problem but am not sure yet if it can be fixed on our end.
Unread 12-22-2006, 07:05 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Thanks for the reply Zonk. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

BTW, I've been reading more and more about your UI and have found several pieces that I'd like to try. Is it extremely difficult to pull out just certain aspects of your UI and add them into an already existing custom set up? I'm running about 20 individual pieces that I'm quite fond of and would like to add items from your UI to them. Such as the ClickStrike, MiniMap and the Quest Helper for starters.

Any insight would be highly appreciated. Thank you again.
Unread 12-22-2006, 10:38 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Due to the rather extensive reskining and interlinking across windows for various features, your best bet wuold be to install the entire Fetish set, then patch your pieces over it.

Before you patch in your pieces, I suggest you first try the set as is to see if you can avoid replacing some windows. Once you've identified pieces you want to replace, make sure there isn't some Fetish feature in those pieces that depends on interoperability, then replace the piece with your version.

Off the top of my head, the following features depend on code in other windows.

ClickSearch: buttons in the Examine windows link to the Market window.
Personabar: shown by the Clock window.
ClickStrike: shown by the Clock window.
ClickCures: activated by buttons in both the Player and Group windows.
Hide Any Fog: Depends on the Fetish skin files for EQ2Maps.

You'll also probably want to check the add-ons for the Fetish set to see if there's a version of the piece you want already reskinned for Fetish. For example, there are a few startbutton/command center add-ons that include many of the options available from similar stand-alone mods.
Unread 12-22-2006, 11:22 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Transmuting

Transmuting does not produce any events to counter while making adornments which use only transmuting skill.
So you would not see those icons in any UI.
Adornments that you make at as any other crafter would produce and display same icons that your normal crafting proccess.
Unread 12-23-2006, 07:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey Zonx, i just noticed that the new frostfell patch, with the 'grab and tag' -quest thingy in QH, opens a window that just appears black to me... im assuming this is a UI issue, just wanted to let you know, i dont really need it, hehe. I had the same happen with another window, that opened as just black, with no option to close it, but i forgot which, ill post if i see it again

Merry christmas guys, and happy holidays to those who dont celebrate, or celebrate something else.

And ty Zarys, thats what i ended up concluding too
Unread 12-23-2006, 04:01 PM
A Coastal Crab

Thumbs Up Missing XML?

Well, I've just had to reinstall xp and eq2 after a hd trash, and downloaded the latest fetish nighfall 8.0 (and the speed bump) ... everything is working perfectly (and yes, i cannot play eq2 without your UI) apart from one thing, I didn't have a window for resizing my hotbuttons... just a blank black/white box.. anyway i checked in the RAR for fetish as well as in my eq2/UI directory and it seems to be missing eq2ui_popup_hotkeyoptions.xml ... Anyway i can't find a copy of fetish 7.5 (i'm pretty sure that had it :P) but in the meantime i have copied over the Default UI xml. Was hoping someone could fix this or at least tell me where i can get a fetish XML for the hotbutton options. Thanks in advance ^^
Unread 12-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Wynd Send a message via Yahoo to Wynd

Aye ... black box here too for the new grab and tag ...
if not beaucoup trouble darlin .... would love to see what its like
if its a arse of work ..... nm long as I have your ui ....
Im pretty happy camper
and the rest of frostfell works great

Merry everything and Happy Always Zonx