EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-08-2006, 11:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Mod raid window by Crozs

Theres not alot of choices when it comes to raids windows, so i decided to make my own. alot of credit goes to ger for the raid button.

Just a compact raid window that allows you to move each window seperatly and you can also hide selected windows.

I used the raid button made by ger and modified each raid window to fit my taste. I made a almost transparent background with a brighter colored border so you can tell each window apart.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Unread 09-08-2006, 11:47 PM
A Coastal Crab

Nice raid windows! going to try them out in tomorrow's raid.
Unread 09-14-2006, 01:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Added a black background addon by request. Same great raid window but now with a solid black background so you can read names alot easier in very bright zones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blackbg.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	5241  
Unread 09-25-2006, 08:58 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Befallen
Default Issues

I like this idea, only problem being, it won't pop up on my screen after I install it into the Profit UI. Not sure if it's something I did, or what, but if you have any suggestions, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks for your time in this, it looks like a very nice addition , if I can get it working.
Unread 09-25-2006, 02:55 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

I also was unable to get this to work inside the Profit UI.
Unread 09-26-2006, 09:27 AM
A Brown Bear

I had the same problem.
Unread 09-28-2006, 04:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

ive not been aware of this problem. this is the first ive seen.

have you tried pressing alt+r to manualy bring the window up?
did you drag/drop the file into the folder and not get a confirm to replace the existing raid window?

i will try this on another of my computers to see if i can find the problem.

pressing alt+r has always worked for me.
Unread 09-28-2006, 10:53 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Befallen

Yes, I've tried alt + R, I've tried most everything I could think of. I got confirmation when I unzipped directly to my Profit folder, just not sure what the issue may be. Sorry.
Unread 10-08-2006, 07:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

well ive tried this on 3 different computers (2 stock and 1 with a custom UI) and the raid window has worked every time. i have to press alr+r to get it to open like i always do, but it works.

there has to be some sort of conflict with something you guys are running. because i cant get it to show up on my side.

ill keep looking into it and ill try and get some more friends to try it out and see if they have a problem.

thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Unread 10-09-2006, 09:47 AM
A Brown Bear

To be more specific, the problem I was having was with the Profit Reborn UI. I've been running it, as well as another 3rd party raid window w/o a problem. Basically I installed your raid windows files into their proper places in the Profit dir structure and then I could no longer open my raid window with alt+r.

Oddly enough, when I went back to my previous raid window (I just renamed the *raid.xml file) my raid window was much larger than my screen and took some resizing to get it back to normal. I run in 1680x1050 and it was stretched way beyond that. I dont know if has something to do with positioning or what, but I thought I'd mention that. Maybe when you run your raid window inside profit, it moves it someplace off screen or something wacky like that. Maybe its there, but its just not positioned properly. /shrug.

I hope that info helps.
Unread 10-09-2006, 09:57 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The new window will open in the same position as the window from ProfitUI if you do not delete your uisettings.ini. So, if you think it's positioning, just move the raid window from ProfitUI to the upper left corner before installing the new window. If you still don't see it, the problem will likely be something else (but deleting/renaming your uisettings.ini may still help in that case).
Unread 10-09-2006, 11:47 AM
A Brown Bear

In regards to positioning...my current AzRaid raid window is positioned on the right side of my screen(I dont use the Profit Reborn raid window, since it's had problems when you move players around). To test something different, I installed the 'Compact Raid' raid window (since it was similar in design to the original authors). When i logged in, the Compact Raid window was automatically moved to the upper left corner of my screen. Not where my old raid window was at all. I didn't delete my uisettings.ini file, either.

So relating to the problem with the authors raid window not showing up, maybe it is some sort of positioning problem. maybe it was off the edge of my screen or something like that.

The 2 biggest differences in the AzRaid mod and this one is that one uses a little selector box to hide individual windows, and AzRaid doesn't. Its just one single window. Maybe there's some confusion as to what UI entities get placed where.

I could be wrong though, I'm no interface author, just an end user. I don't claim to understand how all this ties together =)