EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 06-11-2007, 08:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Custom target rings and fetish nightfall

A guildie has made some custom target rings and I can't seem to get them to work properly with nightfall. I put the two dds files into the images directory and I get some weird T shaped fuzzy images as target rings. Is there some code somewhere I need to alter within fetish? Any help you all provide is greatly appreciated.
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:54 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

So your target ring is changing then? It sounds like it's working. Do you have any screenshots?
Unread 06-11-2007, 05:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

It's changing, but it's not changing to what it's supposed to look like. Also, I can open the dds files on my computer and they look right. Something with the way they are loading into the game is not right. I have pictures but I need to host them somewhere first before I can show them here, correct? If I don't get the issue fixed, I'll do that.
Unread 06-11-2007, 06:26 PM
A Griffon

You can attach screenshots here in .jpg format. Also, put the DDS file into a zip and attach that.

Does it look anything at all like what it's supposed to? It sounds like you may be seeing a lower resolution mipmap.
Unread 06-11-2007, 06:26 PM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

It may be that the files were saved with incorrect settings...DDS is a very slippery file format, and it takes a lot of trial and error to get the settings right. (<== voice of experience, LOL)

Screenshots of what you're actually seeing in game would help a lot in determining where exactly the problem lies.

Are they working correctly for anyone else?
Unread 06-13-2007, 06:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Here's the screenshots and the zip file you all requested. I just loaded the newest fetish and will try that tonight. They are working for other members of the guild.

NOTE: I have tried just using the dds files into the directory. The Jpegs are there just to show what they look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000122.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	5807  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000121.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	5808  
Attached Files
File Type: zip 6Solid Rose Filigree Back.zip (579.8 KB, 218 views)

Last edited by Arteen : 06-13-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Unread 06-13-2007, 09:08 PM
A Griffon

Hmm, they loaded up just fine for me; I just extracted all files in the ZIP and C&Ped the two DDS files to my /UI/customui/images directory.

A few thoughts about what might be causing the problem:

- Make sure you extract them before you copy them to your images directory...if you're C&Ping directly from the ZIP file, they may not be extracted properly.

- Make sure you're not inadvertently re-saving them when you view them in whatever program you're using to view them. It may overwrite the file with incorrect MIP map settings.

- Try re-extracting the ZIP and recopying the DDS files to your image folder. It may have been a fluke that they somehow got corrupted during the initial copy.

Those two files (ring_target.dds and ring_target_con.dds) are pretty self-sufficient. I don't think there ought to be anything in the ProfitUI setup or configuration that would prevent them from working, but I'm just going by what I've learned so far about how the EQ2 UI functions.

PS - Please tell Kendricke I said he did a great job on the rings. I've seen your guild sig revamp on the EQ2 Official Forums, and he's been cranking out a lot of quality stuff lately!
Unread 06-13-2007, 09:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the tips. I'll give em a try tomorrow. Kendricke didn't make the target rings though, Amalthyia did. I'll pass the complements along to her. I think they will eventually get posted here for all to download, but they aren't official yet.
Unread 06-13-2007, 10:03 PM
A Griffon

Ah, my bad! Amalthyia then.

Good luck, and let us know if you get it sorted (and if you can, what the problem was)!
Unread 06-13-2007, 10:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

ok, went ahead and tried them again tonight. Still no luck. I'm beginning to think the issue has more to due with either a. windows vista or b. drivers for video card (ATI X700). I'm gonna test the target rings on my wife's computer tomorrow. She's running Windows XP and the same video card.
Unread 06-14-2007, 01:39 AM
An Undead Settler

Server: Nektulos
Default Check this

I had a similar problem when I first started making target rings. I use a mostly modified Fetish UI too. Try these files and see if they work. Tested them in game and the work fine.

Sage
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rose.zip (56.7 KB, 213 views)
Unread 06-14-2007, 07:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

WOOT! It works! What did you do? I'd like to tell Amalthya what needs to be changed to make it compatible with Fetish before she uploads it. Thanks for the help.
Unread 06-14-2007, 01:56 PM
A Griffon

In general, the size of all game texture files should be a power of two. All older video cards require all textures to be a power of two (64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, etc.) Newer video cards with new drivers and software may allow non-power of two textures.

I design my target rings at 1024x1024, and then resize them down to 512x512 before saving as DDS files. The default target textures include two lower resolution mipmaps, at 256x256 and 128x128.

You can read more about DDS textures and DXT compression this thread:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8414

Last edited by Othesus : 06-14-2007 at 01:59 PM.