EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 09-11-2009, 03:04 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default Threat window DynamicData values?

Okay, can anyone enlighten me on this?:

eq2ui_mainhud_threat.xml (default file)

Code:
Name="TargetValue" DynamicData="/GameData.Target.Threat"
Name="TargetSecondaryValue" DynamicData="/GameData.Target.SecondaryThreat"
Name="ImpliedTargetValue" DynamicData="/GameData.ImpliedTarget.Threat"
Name="ImpliedSecondaryValue" DynamicData="/GameData.Target.SecondaryThreat"
I've had this small threat window mod in my "work-in-progress" folder, and I was wondering why my one of my values wasn't showing up. Is "/GameData.Implied.SecondaryThreat" not used for anything? why does it exist?
Unread 09-11-2009, 06:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

For ProfitUI I used /GameData.ImpliedTarget.SecondaryThreat, one of the users will need to tell you whether that works though, I have no idea.

In other words: probably just a bug in the default window.
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Well, that's interesting. I would figure a window with such little would have been fairly easily tested when being created.

I'll have to mess with it more, and get someone in-game to test with me so I can re-load it more often.
Unread 09-11-2009, 03:20 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

I thought Rothgar explained what they all were and when each was applicable and switched to... but I don't recall where that is buried.

Based on the names I would think the first is your hate towards your target; second is the next person's hate towards your target IF you are at 100% hate; your hate towards your target's target; finally the 2nd hated person for your target's target if you're at 100% yourself.

In most cases only the first is applicable. If you're a tank, the second may be more applicable... otherwise the third would be 2nd most likely... the last being rare... since you'd have to be targeting someone who is targeting a mob that is targeting you.
Unread 09-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Name="TargetValue" DynamicData="/GameData.Target.Threat"
Name="TargetSecondaryValue" DynamicData="/GameData.Target.SecondaryThreat"

The above is use IF you have the MOB targed..

The below is used IF you have a group/raid member targeted
Name="ImpliedTargetValue" DynamicData="/GameData.ImpliedTarget.Threat"
Name="ImpliedSecondaryValue" DynamicData="/GameData.ImpliedTarget.SecondaryThreat"
Unread 09-11-2009, 04:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

My only question, is why the default threat window doesn't use both values for the "If you have a player targeted".
Unread 09-11-2009, 04:39 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I'll stick with my bug theory, but just PM Rothgar and find out.
Unread 09-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
My only question, is why the default threat window doesn't use both values for the "If you have a player targeted".
Copy & Paste is evil!!!
Unread 09-11-2009, 07:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Copy & Paste is evil!!!
haha, too true. Alright, I'll have to send 'em a PM about it
Unread 09-11-2009, 11:37 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

I did realize the fewer than four gamedata nodes, but as I tried to explain... when he explained it at the time, he made it sound like the gamedata that was sent changed depending on what was targeted. But maybe that was before he made both pairs and only had the one.

----------
I guess I found the post... but having read it again... it just confuses me. I guess if there are four game data nodes, using three doesn't make sense, regardless.
Unread 10-22-2009, 06:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I'm still having troubles with the DynamicData. I don't understand what's going on.

Whenever I have a player targeted who's targeting something I have hate on, it NEVER shows my hate numbers, but it does show the bars...

Weird because the numbers are straight copied from the default window, and just moved.

Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_threat.xml (4.6 KB, 475 views)
Unread 10-22-2009, 06:21 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Any ideas?
Maybe the Target.ThreatShowWindow DD you have on the entire numbers page? No idea how that one works or why it even exists but the name seems to imply that it will be hidden for ImpliedTarget threat.
Unread 10-22-2009, 09:53 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I copied from the default window... I'll have to mess with it more
Unread 11-06-2009, 06:53 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Lol, I think my PackLocations were off. I hadn't really messed with this finally until now.
Unread 07-21-2010, 07:48 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Is this still bugged? What was the resolution? I never saw any bug reports come in about it.
Unread 07-21-2010, 11:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

My problem was just my positioning code for the values.

However, I still had to use /GameData.Target.SecondaryThreat
...instead of ImpliedTarget.

Can't remember if I ever /bug'd it or not

Dunno if it really counts as a bug, but it's the way it's setup in the default UI.
Unread 07-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

I'll look at mine tonight or next raid as I hardly play unless I am raiding any more. but I don't recall it not working.
Unread 07-25-2010, 04:11 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

My mod uses the following data, and I haven't noticed any issues.

/GameData.Target.Threat
/GameData.Target.SecondaryThreat
/GameData.ImpliedTarget.Threat
Unread 07-25-2010, 03:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I just figured the two Target data's would be for when your directly targeting a mob and the two Implied data's would be for when you're targeting another player.
Target being the first number, and Secondary being the second number... in both cases.

Makes sense in my head... doesn't mean it's correct
Unread 07-25-2010, 11:51 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

You're correct Drum. Notice the DD for both Secondary Target and Secondary Implied is the same?

IIRC at one point on test there was a separate DD for each, so I imagine the extra object is a holdover from then. Don't think there's any good reason to keep both now, but I haven't seen any reason to dork with it and am not certain if removing it would break anything hardcoded.