EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 03-15-2022, 10:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Maintained Spell Monitor Ratcheting

What causes the ratcheting with the full spell monitor? I keep trying it and having to switch back to the Lite version. Everything else works great. Is there a different UI that has a spell monitor that i could overload instead that doesn't have this issue?
Unread 03-16-2022, 12:03 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The ratcheting, or stutter, is caused by having two sets of spell listeners instead of just one. When the monitor was designed there was no stutter -- one set of listeners was used for everything you see today in the Lite version, and the other set was used for logical setpoints, display modes and other bells and whistles. An internal game function was changed a while back that induced the artifact on most PCs.

I'm hopeful that the transition to 64-bit servers and clients later this year will reduce some of the performance pressures such as this one. In the meantime, we have done some serious reworking of the standard monitor over at the Darq Side Patreon site. It's been rewritten to use only one set of listeners while also keeping almost all of the other features. It's not a simple matter of copying that code over to the regular UI, but it's definitely on my radar to rework the free monitor for all players who use DarqUI.

A number of players have successfully incorporated the DrumsUI spell timer window, so that may be something you would want to try out. You can always reverse the change if it's not something you want.

Unread 03-18-2022, 12:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

thank you, that's quite helpful and informative!