EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 07-17-2006, 05:04 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Any way to export Guild Events to a text file?

Hello,

I am trying to put together a newsletter for my Guild. Is there is an interface mod that would allow a person to copy and paste the contents of the Guild Events Log into a plain text file? Or perhaps a little program that would just dump all of the Guild Events Log into a plain text file? Any tips would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance!
Esa
Unread 07-18-2006, 06:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

Stumbled across and bumping in hopes that someone will have at least a yes/no
Unread 07-20-2006, 03:58 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The only way I see is to dump them to your chat and then manually find and copy them out of your chat log.
Unread 07-20-2006, 06:07 PM
A Brown Bear

Oh thank you for the suggestion gm9!

As long as there is a way, I don't mind if it takes a few steps... sure beats the heck out of typing everything by hand. Can this be done using the standard UI or does one need to be running your ProfitUI? Could you please elaborate on the process a little bit? How do you dump Guild Events into your chat log? Sorry to be so dense but I am completely clueless when it comes to this

Thanks again! w00t!
Esa

Last edited by attesa : 07-20-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Unread 07-20-2006, 06:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No it's me actually, I should have elaborated. I suppose that a custom UI can - without actually having checked this - access the guild events data from the UI. Once you got this, it is trivial to dump this to your chat. If you have logging on, it should end up in your log files.

I don't know whether there is any UI out there that can do this (ProfitUI can't, at least). If you don't find anything, I'll maybe give this a shot on the weekend.
Unread 07-21-2006, 12:54 AM
A Brown Bear

I don't know if any other custom UI can do this, but a search of these forums for "export guild events" didn't give me any hits. It seems this request originally appeared about a year ago, but it doesn't look like Sony is responding to it.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...ssage.id=14166
http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...ssage.id=14167

It would be great if you could incorporate it into ProfitUI! Please give it a try when you have time.

Thanks,
Esa
Unread 08-02-2006, 05:09 PM
A Brown Bear

<BUMP>

Is this technically possible? Not rushing you to actually do it... just want to know if I should start looking into other crazy ideas like OCR off of screenshots or <gasp> transcribing by hand

Thanks a bunch,
Esa
Unread 08-03-2006, 04:52 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Sorry, I didn't yet have the time to play around with this, my job is keeping me quite busy (and flying around the globe, lol).
Unread 08-05-2006, 01:51 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Unhappy

I poked around some but came up empty handed. The events are in one listbox and I see no way to access the text of it. It's sort of like the tracking window.

I'm not saying it's not possible, just that it's beyond me.
Unread 08-09-2006, 12:01 AM
A Brown Bear

gm9 and pooka,

Thanks for taking an interest in my little request. I hope that someone can find a way to do this but I guess I'll start preparing for the worst

Esa
Unread 09-20-2006, 01:47 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

attesa, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I did not forget you. I finally took a look at this yesterday and had no problems extracting the text from the list. I was just wondering how you would want me to implement this. Do you want to select each event you want to export and hit an "export" button (easiest for me) or do you want the newest 10 or 20 events or all of them. The more you want at once the more work it will be since the UI engine does not support processing loops and I would basically have to make a line of code for each line you would want to export automatically (but it can be done).

Also for the format, I have been able to extract the following information:

ID: An Integer ID code for the event (same format as event ID's in you log files)
Type: Event type, this is an integer as well.
Text: Event Text
Date: Event Date

What of this would you like me to dump and in which format exactly?
Unread 09-20-2006, 04:37 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Loops aren't the issue. You can make a single page toggle it self on and off to create a loop. The issue I ran into is SelectedItemIndex will not accept a floating point number and as we all know EQ2's script engine always turns any number into a floating point when math is done on it. (1+1 = 2.000).

If one could find a way to increment the Events List SelectedItemIndex other then adding a ton of dummy pages to do so, then something like this would be a good tool for DKP automation:P

Here is the code I used, just insert into Guild.MainTabPage.MainPage.After

Code:
<Page Location="247,83" Name="GuildEventDump" ScrollExtent="233,31" Size="233,31">
<Page Count="1.000" Name="DumpLoop" OnHide="RangeCheck=Parent.Parent.Events.List.SelectedItemIndex &lt; Range
OutPut=&apos;ID: &apos; ## Parent.Parent.Events.List.SelectedItem.id
OutPut=OutPut ## &apos; Date: &apos; ## Parent.Parent.Events.List.selectedItem.date
OutPut=OutPut ## &apos; Time: &apos; ## Parent.Parent.Events.List.selectedItem.timestamp
OutPut=OutPut ## &apos; Type: &apos; ## Parent.Parent.Events.List.selectedItem.type
OutPut=OutPut ## &apos; Text: &apos; ## Parent.Parent.Events.List.selectedItem.text
Count=Count +1
Parent.Parent.Events.List.SelectedItemIndex=Parent.Parent.Events.List.SelectedItemIndex +1
Visible=(RangeCheck ? True : False)" OnShow="RangeCheck=Parent.Parent.Events.List.SelectedItemIndex &lt; Range
OutPut=&apos;ID: &apos; ## Parent.Parent.Events.List.SelectedItem.id
OutPut=OutPut ## &apos; Date: &apos; ## Parent.Parent.Events.List.selectedItem.date
OutPut=OutPut ## &apos; Time: &apos; ## Parent.Parent.Events.List.selectedItem.timestamp
OutPut=OutPut ## &apos; Type: &apos; ## Parent.Parent.Events.List.selectedItem.type
OutPut=OutPut ## &apos; Text: &apos; ## Parent.Parent.Events.List.selectedItem.text
Count=Count +1
Parent.Parent.Events.List.SelectedItemIndex=Parent.Parent.Events.List.SelectedItemIndex +1
Visible=(RangeCheck ? False : True)" OutPut="ID: 262534 Date: 01/03/2005 Time: 37265274 Type: 0 Text: :b86ef43fe3a89f2c:GuildName gained a level and is now level 10" Range="10" RangeCheck="true"/>
<DataSource Name="DumpRangeDS">
<Data Name="New Data" Range="--" text="Event DumpRange"/>
<Data Name="New Data" Range="--" text="ALL"/>
<Data Name="New Data" Range="10" text="10"/>
<Data Name="New Data" Range="20" text="20"/>
<Data Name="New Data" Range="30" text="30"/>
<Data Name="New Data" Range="40" text="40"/>
<Data Name="New Data" Range="50" text="50"/>
<Data Name="New Data" Range="60" text="60"/>
<Data Name="New Data" Range="70" text="70"/>
<Data Name="New Data" Range="80" text="80"/>
<Data Name="New Data" Range="90" text="90"/>
<Data Name="New Data" Range="100" text="100"/>
</DataSource>
<Dropdownbox BackgroundOpacity="1.000" CheckRange="true" DataSource="DumpRangeDS" Location="85,0" MaximumSize="16384,32" MinimumSize="50,32" Name="DumpRange" OnSelect="CheckRange=SelectedItemIndex &gt; 0
Parent.Dump.Enabled=(CheckRange ? True : False)" RowTemplate="/CommonElements.Dropdown.data.dropdown_template" ScrollExtent="147,32" SelectedItemIndex="2" Size="147,32" Style="/CommonElements.Dropdown.data.style"/>
<Button LocalText="Dump" Location="0,3" MaximumSize="16384,26" MinimumSize="26,26" Name="Dump" OnPress="Parent.DumpLoop.Temp=&apos;&apos;
Parent.DumpLoop.Count=0
Parent.Parent.Events.List.SelectedItemIndex=0
Parent.DumpLoop.Range=Parent.DumpRange.SelectedItem.Range
Parent.DumpLoop.Visible=(Parent.DumpLoop.Visible ? False : True)" ScrollExtent="89,26" Size="89,26" Style="/CommonElements.SmallPushButton.data.style">Dump</Button>
</Page>
WARNING: This code will crash the UIBuilder and EQ2 because SelectedItemIndex will not get incremented correctly

Last edited by Landiin : 09-20-2006 at 07:59 AM.
Unread 09-20-2006, 06:22 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Hmm...

Cool idea, but it doesn't quite work for DKP -- anyone dead in the raid when an epic mob goes down doesn't get the guild event, and sometimes its a good part of a raid when a tough target goes down. Good idea though =)
Unread 09-20-2006, 07:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Smile

Thanks Landiin,

I'm not sure if you are saying whether your code works as posted or not. I tought that this part would not work:

Parent.Parent.Events.List.SelectedItemIndex= Parent.Parent.Events.List.SelectedItemIndex +1

and that's what I actually meant with the problem of creating loops. Because if it does not work you will have to provide an integer index number manually, which should be doable via a datasource (if you can name the items 1.000, 2.000, etc. then you can reference them via the counter). But if your code works: Is this in ExtremeUI? In that case the OP can just use that.

lordebon, are you sure about that? I always thought that the guild event window (not the chat messages) showed the same contents for everyone.
Unread 09-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Yea, it don't work because the result of SelectedItemIndex +1 being made into a float/real and not an integer SOE!!!

I just supplied the code in case someone wanted to play with it and maybe devise a way.. You know it always helps to hope:P lol

Last edited by Landiin : 09-20-2006 at 07:56 AM.
Unread 09-20-2006, 08:25 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ok, thanks, just wanted to make sure. I'll see what I can come up with.

PS: Nice warning you added.

Last edited by gm9 : 09-20-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Unread 09-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

I'm 99.99% sure about that.

I was in a recent MOA4 raid and the final mob (the Guardian of Leadership or whatever its PITA name was) did not give me a guild event (nor did Gar'Gul the Warden earlier) because I was dead at the time of its death (in both fights... I'm a healer, and was 3 levels below 70). Mobs killed (that weren't /yelled off for power reasons) that would normally genrate epic notices worked fine when I was alive (it was a messy raid, heh).

I thought in the past it did the same (that is, you got the event dead or alive, so long as you were in the raid that killed it and in the same zone). Maybe they changed it (for the worse)?
Unread 09-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon
I'm 99.99% sure about that.

I was in a recent MOA4 raid and the final mob (the Guardian of Leadership or whatever its PITA name was) did not give me a guild event (nor did Gar'Gul the Warden earlier) because I was dead at the time of its death (in both fights... I'm a healer, and was 3 levels below 70). Mobs killed (that weren't /yelled off for power reasons) that would normally genrate epic notices worked fine when I was alive (it was a messy raid, heh).

I thought in the past it did the same (that is, you got the event dead or alive, so long as you were in the raid that killed it and in the same zone). Maybe they changed it (for the worse)?
I'm working on a raid dumb atm. It's simple but lets me automate attendance. I just press a button and it spams /say with the people in the raid.
Unread 09-20-2006, 04:54 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well I can't check on the epic messages, we have disabled that spam in our guild.
Unread 09-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
I'm working on a raid dumb atm. It's simple but lets me automate attendance. I just press a button and it spams /say with the people in the raid.
Hehe, my preferred method is a screenshot at the time of raid start, and a screenshot at the time of the final mob / the zone end / we call it quits (with notes on folks that had to leave and how much raid they got done).
Unread 11-16-2006, 03:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

The easiest method to record raid attendance is just /logwhoraid

it will create a seperate log file, date stamped with only the people on the raid
Unread 11-24-2006, 07:55 PM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
attesa, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I did not forget you. I finally took a look at this yesterday and had no problems extracting the text from the list. I was just wondering how you would want me to implement this. Do you want to select each event you want to export and hit an "export" button (easiest for me) or do you want the newest 10 or 20 events or all of them. The more you want at once the more work it will be since the UI engine does not support processing loops and I would basically have to make a line of code for each line you would want to export automatically (but it can be done).

Also for the format, I have been able to extract the following information:

ID: An Integer ID code for the event (same format as event ID's in you log files)
Type: Event type, this is an integer as well.
Text: Event Text
Date: Event Date

What of this would you like me to dump and in which format exactly?
Oh gm9, I am so sorry that I took so long to reply! I gave up hope too early I guess... stopped checking for posts in this thread... LOL I've been doing a cumbersome process of screenshot, crop, resize, black and white, negative then OCR to extract the text in the guild events log. You can see the results at www.goldenspoon.org (shameless plug for my guild ) to give you an idea of what I am trying to do.

My apologies again, I didn't notice your PM until I logged in to download the latest Profit UI to try with EoF. I'm not sure what to make of the discussion on loops; I'm guessing that has to do with processing a range of events by incrementing the event ID. Compared to the error-prone and labour intensive process that I am doing now, I would not mind exporting events one at a time!

I think the type, text, and date would be very useful in CSV format. If the individual exported events could be appended to a single file, I could import that into a spreadsheet and sort the columns to quickly produce the type of summaries that I posted to my guild's website. Thanks again for working on this and I'm really looking forward to trying this out!

Guild historians rejoice!

Last edited by attesa : 11-24-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Unread 11-24-2006, 11:00 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

As I said initially, all we can export to is your main logfile by pasting the data into your chat, but CSV format is no problem (you'll basically just have to remove the first column of the data "You say ..." after you grab it from your logfile and open it in a spreadsheet app.)
Unread 11-25-2006, 02:31 AM
A Brown Bear

If you could put in a button for toggling the chat logging on and off, and then dump all of the events which are displayed on the guild window at the time of pressing the "export" button, that would be ideal.

Maybe you could require the guild window to be at its smallest height setting before the export button is enabled, so that you would have a known number of events to dump? Just throwing ideas on the table.

Like I said before, I would be happy selecting and exporting one line at a time. That would still be much better than any of my current alternatives

Thanks gm9!