EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 06-22-2005, 04:39 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

i really dont know......

really dont, maybe Eloora, since you have been posting and inputting you can come up with a color lol

i really just want functionality and flow
Unread 06-22-2005, 05:08 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Will take a look at Fetish hotbars...

Heres 3 windows then for you guys to try out
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Healer_Delight.zip (4.9 KB, 216 views)
Unread 06-22-2005, 05:55 PM
A Sea Turtle

very very nice so far, i really like the big mana/hps bars

the window that pops up when you target yourself can i just put that in the corner and turn it all down so it goes invis ?
Unread 06-22-2005, 06:11 PM
A Griffon

Hmm thinking about that one ... you gotta mean the target window it's self right?

Or are you getting somthing else thats poping up? I dunno how likes lol

Unread 06-22-2005, 06:17 PM
A Sea Turtle

lol nm now, first time i logged in, i targeted myself and a small player window popped up, now it doesnt /shrug lol

otherwise it works good , the 3 windows, cant wait to see the rest of it
Unread 06-22-2005, 06:25 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

For the group window, move the names that are next to the F keys over to the right just a tad, they seem scrunched together at least at my reso.

I don't plan on putting the quest helper down in the middle of everything like laotin is, but i was thinking about putting the maintained buffs in its place. Any chance you could work up a resized player window to match the length of 4 buff icons in 1600x1200 resolution laffs?

Edit: Also can you make the maintained window fill up right>left or left<right instead of vertically?

Last edited by Eloora : 06-22-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Unread 06-22-2005, 08:28 PM
A Griffon

What I could do with the player window is make it re-sizeable and set the bars to size with it... Hmm will have a go ... failing that I will just make you another the size you want lol

Yeh will move the names a bit, I thought it was going to do that somehow once in game.

I have some more here now... Fetish hotbars well I had a look, But decided to knock up my own up from the default that does the same thing..... Dont get me wrong fetish stuff is very good and I have learnt lots from his work, but since we not working from a Fetish style here I decided to do me own

(what is it with that bankpage that it wont on hover in-out show / hide itself ? you gotta do it with the parent insted .. that is weird.. I mean anyother page will do that .. lol)

Give this a go anyways guys
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Healer_Delight.zip (9.3 KB, 208 views)
Unread 06-22-2005, 08:42 PM
A Griffon

Eloora

Drop this file in there hun... I thought it was doing that untill I noticed I had the syntax the wrong way round lol

That player window the bars will resize up and down np but left to right they dont want to do that the easy way lol ...

I let you guys ponder over this me off to bed now...
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml (12.6 KB, 255 views)
Unread 06-22-2005, 09:21 PM
A Griffon

Okies...as for the maintained window, it's doing what I think laotin wants, i.e. filliing up from right to left, but only as long as the window is one horizontal row. As soon as I expand the window it down to form my box, the icons drop along the right side vertically. I dunno if the way I'm imagining is even possible, and it's not that big a thing, I just wanted to mention it.

The hotkeys are a step in the right direction if you don't want to outright use the Fetish ones, but it doesn't quite look right (see attached image). They appear to be the default size, where I'd prefer them reduced (can't recall if i use the 75% or 85% atm). The shortcut labels are somewhat...off, can be seen especially in the primary row. Also I would prefer a small separation between each button. I'll leave this area up to what laotin wants, as I can put the Fetish hotbars in there with ease, and might as well leave you to the more important features .

Thanks for your work on this laffs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hotbar issues.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	2981  
Unread 06-22-2005, 10:29 PM
A Sea Turtle

i rather like the hotbars, I just think they are a tad too big ya know

I am trying to envision the "whole" finished UI and they may just be too big, even if you only use 3

I put everything together the way i drew it and everything is working the way I wanted it to work, but at 1280x1024 its coming out pretty large

when you work in the target window, with the curved sides that hold the exp bar (i am envisioning that all being one bar from side to side) all together it may take up as much as 1/3rd of the screen at current size

i forgot to take a screenshot, i will post that tomorrow as iam tired now, but i am going to continue to add as you make sticking right with my orginial drawing and see how big it is when you are completely done.

another note, i have used fetish's hotbars, i like his, but i like these more i think, i like how it looks like the spells overlap each other (even tho i know they dont) i had just envisioned them smaller in my mind

regardless, iam very pleased so far and i cant wait to see the target + 2 exp bars come together
Unread 06-23-2005, 08:13 AM
A Griffon

Eloora is politely telling me that my hotbars are a mess hehe...

Actualy I agree that SS looks bad lol

Oks I can sort the spaceing out np thats just down to cell padding now the size is actualy 10 pixels less than the default icons..

If you look at the drawing the hotbar is the same height as the maintained window and with default icons that window comes out at 40 pixels high and thats what the overall size of the hotbar is....

If you dont mind smaller effects and maintained icons then I can reduce the size of the hotbar more?

Now do you see why I was asking you for sizes lol... I knew how big this was going to be on the screen before I started

So after taking another look we do need to reduce the size of those 3 windows to get the height down some..

Also I think I know whats up with the maintained window I didnt place the first icon at its intended start position, Well at least I dont think I did lol

Unread 06-23-2005, 08:58 AM
A Sea Turtle

yeah, I didnt know the size was going to come out so big

if you were trying to fit this for 1600x1200 it would be working out alot better i believe, i just cant use that due to my monitor

i like everything how it works so far though, it is working the way the picture says, but i think youre right, i think the size is the issue

have you installed it and run the UI? I will log in and take a screenshot now of how it looks so far

I hate that this place always comes out unclear when i upload the image, if you cant read my writing on the screenshot, tell me I will post it somewhere else i guess

Last edited by laotin : 06-23-2005 at 09:06 AM.
Unread 06-23-2005, 10:23 AM
A Griffon

All 6 group members will fit in fine dont worry about that..

What could be an issue is the health and power may need to be bigger for them, BUT I can do what I did with my last group window and make the health and power the background as it were and the name just go's over the top of the health ... works fine and still clear!

SS's looks oks do need to reduce the height a bit for sure but it dont have to be by alot I can get the rest in there and still be big enough.. Will post an update asap
Unread 06-23-2005, 10:51 AM
A Sea Turtle

cool, whatever you think is best, cant wait to see all the finished windows together
Unread 06-23-2005, 04:04 PM
A Griffon

I'm interested in seeing the target windows for this, have you started on them yet laffs?

And by the way laotin, you can upload images in your posts here without having to upload them somewhere else. Just scroll down a bit when you reply to a post and click the manage attachments button. Then you can upload them directly from your hard drive. If the images are large, a thumbnail will be shown in your post, which you can click for the larger view of the image.
Unread 06-23-2005, 04:38 PM
A Griffon

I have started on page V0 (detailed con) of the target window...

Here is the whole set so far again as I dont recall what I have changed or not lol

Me not very well atm so please forgive if I dont seem to be 'all there' so to speak (yeh yeh I know I hear you say 'was he ever' lol)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Healer_Delight.zip (10.8 KB, 191 views)
Unread 06-23-2005, 07:05 PM
A Griffon

The maintained window is working perfectly now, thank you
Unread 06-24-2005, 12:37 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default Example for Laotin

Here's my UI for your reference as promised.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000013.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	310.7 KB
ID:	2987  
Unread 06-24-2005, 09:15 AM
A Griffon

Thanks Eloora thats good to hear lol

What about that target window? is it of any use / does it work even lol, What else I need do with it?
Dont want to start on implied target as when target is the way you want it I can just copy it and change the DD.

Waiting for feedback for the target window then..... I will start work on the clicky window now, I got a head start on this one anyways as my other UI's use it
Unread 06-24-2005, 09:45 AM
A Sea Turtle

i couldnt get the target window to work at all

it looks like a line ______________________ on the screen, i tried to switch it from simple to detailed, i couldnt get it to work either way

also the hotbars look alot better now, except, when i moved them to resize they lose the last slot to the far right. if you try to resize it you lose the last slot, its like there isnt enuff room for the last slot, hard to explain

however other than that the hotkeys look great now

i cant log in to get a screenshot atm of the target window and what iam seeing, but i dont think you intended it to look like it looks
Unread 06-24-2005, 11:10 AM
A Sea Turtle

this is not my healer, but my swashbuckler

but this is how the new target window looks, both versions in game
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000000.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	2995  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	2996  
Unread 06-24-2005, 12:45 PM
A Griffon

Got target window working on detailed mode.... got the pri, sec window working but you need to toggle alt+g twice to get it to show ... I tried the usual trick of toggling the visability of the group window on load , but for some reason that crashed the game on the test server HUH???

Still got problems with the hotbars... I will post update soon.. I gotta keep resting every now and then
Unread 06-24-2005, 03:06 PM
A Griffon

Oks give this a go .. Use all of the files in the zip please as some are linked with eachother now... You may have to toggle alt+g to get the mini Inv to show up..

The start button is now same height as the bars

If any of the windows seem strange and you cant seem to resize them etc go into the window settings and select the default location for it this will reset the info stored in your char settings file for that particular window.. and it should appear correctly

Look forward to seeing a SS ...

BTW, Eloora I have changed the maintained window and the effects... backup the versions you have first then try the new one's and let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Healer_Delight.zip (13.4 KB, 241 views)
Unread 06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
A Sea Turtle

ok Laffs, iam raiding atm, but as soon as we get done ill give it a go, thanks again
Unread 06-24-2005, 06:39 PM
A Griffon

Thanks for the continued updates laffs.

The group window now resizes down only to the max 5 group member height, but there is a bit of dead space below the last member that I'd like to be able to resize out. Unless I'm mistaken, setting default opacities and location resizes the group window to it's full group size for easy window placement, no? If so, and if you don't mind, could you make the group window completely resizable again?

Target window is still buggy, as shown in the attached files. It cuts off the top of the arrows, and displays the con color of the target incorrectly in the name potion, but correctly in the level display on the left side. On occaision the target name is displayed twice, one on top of another.
Also when fighting a heroic encounter the "Level XX heroic" text kinda scrunches against the target's name. How about moving the "Heroic" part to the right of the target name to clean it up a bit?
One more small gripe i have...the %'s for hp and power on top of the target's bars could stand to be moved down a couple pixels closer to the bars, as them being spaced up like they are sort of shifts the overall height of the UI up a bit and i know laotin doesn't want that .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	target issue.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	2998  Click image for larger version

Name:	target issue 2.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	2999