Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Closed Thread
Unread 06-06-2008, 02:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Autoattack timer

Hello there!

First off, I know nothing to little of how to create ui mods so therefore this request may be impossible or something somebody can throw together in 15 minutes, I don't know.

What I'd like is a small window that gets its information from the /weapon command, and shows (and more importantly count downs) the time in between autoattacks.

Visually I'm imagining something like a clock but with only one arm that rotates one full lap in the stated (by /weapon command) time in between autoattacks.

The "clock" should start when character start autoattacking and stop when character stops. Also it needs to update if you swap weapon or any other effect happens that would alter the autoattack time.

As I said I have no idea what so ever if this is even possible to do or how insurmountable it'd be if it is possible, but one thing is sure; I'm confident that it'd be greatly appreciated by many.

/Beric - Runnyeye

Last edited by Seddok : 06-06-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Unread 06-06-2008, 03:18 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

This has been asked a few times before, and is currently not possible to do through the UI.

Here's a good thread on it:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=10616

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 06-06-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Unread 06-07-2008, 06:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok and thanks for replying.

Still, if someone can explein to me (like to a retard I suppose) why the ui can't gather information from a game supported command... seems to me that's information that's readily updated. The timer thing would be a stand alone feature that operates solely on the numbers you'd get from the /Weapon command..
Anyhow, thanks again for the reply.

/Beric - Runnyeye
Unread 06-08-2008, 02:26 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

The UI doesn't really directly read anything from the chat window, and would not know when you make a swing with your weapon. So it wouldn't know when to start counting down.
Unread 06-26-2008, 09:47 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unrest
Default Melle Swing Auto Calculator

What I want to see is the following if possible In a window that stays on top and is lockable.
I need decent sized numbers.
Also, 4 input boxs that allows a person to enter 4 different numbers that will be used within the calculation.
If this is not possible place .5 where the variables are requested.
These variables will be referred to as Custom_Variable_1, Custom_Variable_2, Custom_Variable_3 and Custom_Variable_4 throughout this document

All other variables are usable within eq2.

The variables that will be requires are the following

DynamicData Stats.Spell_Cast_Percent
DynamicData Stats.Spell_Recovery_Percent
DynamicData Stats.Primary_Delay
DynamicData Stats.Secondary_Delay
DynamicData Stats.Ranged_Delay

The Formula for the three display texts are

Primary_Delay / ((( Custom_Variable_1 - (Custom_Variable_1 * Spell_Cast_Percent * 0.01))) + (( Custom_Variable_2 - (Custom_Variable_2 * Spell_Recovery_Percent * 0.01))))

Secondary_Delay / ((( Custom_Variable_1 - (Custom_Variable_1 * Spell_Cast_Percent * 0.01))) + (( Custom_Variable_2 - (Custom_Variable_2 * Spell_Recovery_Percent * 0.01))))

Ranged_Delay / ((( Custom_Variable_3 - (Custom_Variable_3 * Spell_Cast_Percent * 0.01))) + (( Custom_Variable_4 - (Custom_Variable_4 * Spell_Recovery_Percent * 0.01))))

If its simpler to save processing cycles by figuring out the default the (( Custom_Variable_1 - Spell_Cast_Percent) + ( Custom_Variable_2 - Spell_Recovery_Percent)) section and reusing it 2 times then that would be preferrable.

Thank you,

Devastatin
Webmaster of EQ2LLinks.com

And yes. i know i mispelled Melee

Last edited by Jida : 06-27-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Fixed Formulas
Unread 06-27-2008, 08:52 AM
A Berserk Golem

Since this was moved, i assume its buried.

I will try my best to figure out how to do simple math and create a window.

Thanks.

Unread 06-27-2008, 09:06 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Not burying, just moving it to the correct subforum and merging it with a recent similar topic. If I had wanted to bury it, I'd simply have locked or deleted it.

As discussed in the threads linked above, the main problem is not the math, it's the fact that the UI can't know when you swing.

If you only want the number and nothing else that's doable. Math may be a problem with the first two DynamicData items if they are just strings, but I don't know whether they are without testing. Of course you can just have the user enter them as well.
Unread 06-27-2008, 09:14 AM
A Berserk Golem

I will figure out when I swing., this will tell me how many combat arts i can fit in without interfering with my swing.

And yes, I only want the 3 numbers.. I care about nothing else.

Trust me, once explained, this will be a big improvement for A LOT of Melee dps.. ESP rouges and preds.

Also, I don't know how 'flushed out' math is inside the interface, the formulas may be a little more complex than displayed.

for example

Primary_Delay = 4
Custom_Variable_1 = .5
Custom_Variable_2 = .5
Spell_Cast_Percent = 33
Spell_Recovery_Percent = 33

Primary_Delay / ((( Custom_Variable_1 - (Custom_Variable_1 * Spell_Cast_Percent * 0.01))) + (( Custom_Variable_2 - (Custom_Variable_2 * Spell_Recovery_Percent * 0.01))))

4 / (((0.5-(0.5*33*0.01))) + ((0.5-(0.5*33*0.01))))

Which Equals 5.97

Which means I can get 6 combat arts off and will only delay my auto attack fireing by .03 seconds

Now the problem that I have is that my Primary_Delay, Spell_Cast_Percent and Spell_Recovery_Percent all fluxuate during raid. Espcially hasted weapon delay.

For example, if i just increase my haste (therefore decreasing my auto attack delay) then change my Primary_Delay = 2.6 seconds

2.6 / (((0.5-(0.5*33*0.01))) + ((0.5-(0.5*33*0.01))))

Which Equals 3.88 seconds

What if a monk Joins the raid and changes my Spell_Cast_Precent a little bit...

You can see where I'm going with this. It is very difficult to figure all of this out on the fly.

Last edited by Jida : 06-27-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Fixed reasoning
Unread 06-27-2008, 09:27 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No problem then. What are the four values you want the user to enter (sorry, I didn't play melee) so they can be properly labeled? If those are going to be static values you'll probably want them to be preconfigurable in a file so the user doesn't have to enter them on ever login.
Unread 06-27-2008, 09:35 AM
A Berserk Golem

A file would be fine and they will just have to work with it later.

The 4 variables are needed for the user to say what the casting speed and recovery speed of most of their combat arts are.

Most rouge's combat arts (at least brigand) are all pretty similar, .5 seconds to cast, .5 seconds to recover. I made the 3rd and 4th item specifically with rangers in mind, I do not know the casting speed of most of their ranged combat arts is, so I guessed 3 seconds.

Last edited by Jida : 06-27-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Unread 06-27-2008, 01:58 PM
A Berserk Golem

BTW GM9....

with the next LU they are changing the brigand weapon...

Havoc, Blade of Treachery ( Brigand )

* Instead of giving haste to the brigand the proc will now lower their casting time

This interface window is going to be even more relevant for many Brigs.
Unread 06-28-2008, 11:24 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

See attached. If you use ProfitUI, just extract into your ProfitUI folder. If you use another UI comprising an eq2ui_custom.xml file, you need to merge them (you only need the _Styles and _AutoAttackCalc lines from mine). You can resize it to show only the numbers. Background and frame can be controlled via the sliders in the windowsettings. You need to keep the mouse over the variable you want to edit.

Let me know if this works how you expected. If it does, I'll make a separate release with it an add it to ProfitUI.

EDIT: Doh, forgot to mention, you can show the window via:
/show_window Custom.ProfitUI_AutoAttackCalc
**attachment removed**

Last edited by gm9 : 07-06-2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: kinda forgot the most important part...
Unread 06-28-2008, 12:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I dragged and dropped these files in, treied a few places, but none of them would show a window of any kind in the game even durring comabat, is there something i did wrong some where? or some command to activate it?

if this works this will be an awsome mod.
Unread 06-28-2008, 12:57 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Lol, sorry, I forgot to mention the command to show the window. Added it to my post above now.

I thought about making it pop up automatically during combat. Is that something you would want?
Unread 06-28-2008, 03:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

persoanly I wouldn't mind it perma up when i log in, but auto for combat would be nice.

thanks for the quick reply.

actully, one thing i would like, and learned to love and use with wow[ crsuadah powah!] was to make a casting bar based on auto attack, i havent a clue how the coding would work, but, to have a animated bar would be an amazing help for 2h dpsing

Last edited by Daeson : 06-28-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:44 PM
A Berserk Golem

Auto attack isn't sent to the UI.. so anything that requires that information will not work.

BTW Someone is my hero IMO... Gonna test it out tomorrow ><

I'M EXCITED!!
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:45 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Lol, sorry, I forgot to mention the command to show the window. Added it to my post above now.

I thought about making it pop up automatically during combat. Is that something you would want?
Up 100% of the time if everything works properly.

And yeah, i use your UI.
Unread 06-29-2008, 12:09 AM
A Berserk Golem

It's not taking into account a change in recovery nor combat art haste.

Also updates slow, dunno why.
Unread 06-29-2008, 05:11 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Do you mean if you input it manually or if it's spell based? It should pick up changes once you toggle your auto-attack (I could have it update more often, e.g. upon every CA you cast, but that would cost a bit more performance of course). I suppose some spells may not be reflected correctly by the DynamicData, at least it used to be like that. If all the data is correct but it shows the wrong numbers it's a bug in my code.

However, if for some reason it does not automatically recalculate there is a button in the lower left corner (shows on mouse over) to force it to recalculate.
Unread 06-29-2008, 10:55 AM
A Berserk Golem

I'll take screenshots explaining, it should be later today
Unread 06-29-2008, 03:23 PM
A Berserk Golem

Ok,

Here is the feature requests
  1. The interface needs to update about every 6-10 seconds. Not just when combat starts. (haste fluxes during raids a lot.
  2. The window should load on startup
  3. the window should not disappear when esc is hit

Here is the bugs with screenshots.

Here is the first SS with no haste and no reuse

the spell cast and recast does not work

Here is with haste and reuse on.

The above combat art is usually .5 and .5.. and is now .4 .4 due to the 25% reduction. The screen shot does not reflect the decrease in casting / recast times, but does take into account the increased haste.

Last edited by Jida : 06-29-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Unread 06-30-2008, 05:19 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well actually I just used the formula you gave me, which is not looking at Haste at all and only looking at cast/recovery. If you want Haste to be considered let me know how and I'll plug it in. However, in your screenshots all values appear to be completely off, primary and secondary are just identical to weapon delay and ranged is half the weapon delay. I'll have to check the code again when I have a moment, something seems to be calculating incorrectly, I guess I'll have to patch my eq2 and test this in game after all.

In the second pic clicking the (hidden) button in the lower left corner should have forced a recalculation however.
Unread 06-30-2008, 07:04 AM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Well actually I just used the formula you gave me, which is not looking at Haste at all and only looking at cast/recovery. If you want Haste to be considered let me know how and I'll plug it in. However, in your screenshots all values appear to be completely off, primary and secondary are just identical to weapon delay and ranged is half the weapon delay. I'll have to check the code again when I have a moment, something seems to be calculating incorrectly, I guess I'll have to patch my eq2 and test this in game after all.

In the second pic clicking the (hidden) button in the lower left corner should have forced a recalculation however.
I found the hidden button that works =)

Also, haste is taken into account.. it automagicly is calculated inside the weapon delay and does not need to be recounted.
Unread 06-30-2008, 07:45 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jida View Post
I found the hidden button that works =)
Close button is top left btw if you didn't see it.
Unread 06-30-2008, 08:56 AM
A Berserk Golem

Escape works too well

and found that button too
Closed Thread