EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-13-2007, 03:36 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Send a message via AIM to Megera Send a message via Yahoo to Megera

I love this interface but i will put this info here so you can make note of it and if you have a solution, can let me know - if i get a solution, i will post it here.

I use ThorUI. It does not like your interface, apparently. I tweaked it and forced your UI back into the folders where it needs to be - otherwise, your interface showed as a big black box. v_v

However - now that i have your interface working, thorUI notes does not work... and the timer does not work. the notes i can see - why have 2 sets, i guess. but the timer? I can't figure out why that one won't work. Off to ThorUI forum to see if they have a solution.
Unread 05-29-2007, 03:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default help please

I DL'ed the Infocenter into my custom UI folder, and then created a macro to start it. When I hit the macro I get nothing. No error message but no menu appears either. I DL'ed a map mod and it works so I know I followed this site's instructions eq2 use it.

At this time I have eq2ui_journals_infocenter, eq2ui_mainhud_startmenu, eq2ui_journals, and eq2ui_mainhud all in my custom UI folder. I modified the eq2ui_mainhud file in my custom folder to include the line "<include>eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml</include>" and I put that in alphabetical order with the other lines of code.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

-j
Unread 05-29-2007, 03:57 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuduff View Post
I DL'ed the Infocenter into my custom UI folder, and then created a macro to start it. When I hit the macro I get nothing. No error message but no menu appears either. I DL'ed a map mod and it works so I know I followed this site's instructions eq2 use it.

At this time I have eq2ui_journals_infocenter, eq2ui_mainhud_startmenu, eq2ui_journals, and eq2ui_mainhud all in my custom UI folder. I modified the eq2ui_mainhud file in my custom folder to include the line "<include>eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml</include>" and I put that in alphabetical order with the other lines of code.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

-j
You don't need to edit the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file. The infocenter window is included from the eq2ui_journals.xml file so you don't even need a custom eq2ui_mainhud.xml file. What folder is your map mod in? You said the map mod works. All these other xml files should be in the same folder.
Unread 05-29-2007, 04:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default more

I extracted all files to UI\EQ2MAP along with the modified .xml file. I now get a black box that I can minimize when I use the macro I created so at least I am moving in the right direction.

edit* I changed the eq2.ini file to reflect moving all files to the EQ2MAP dir. The map mod still works fine but not the Info Center.

As a friend of mine pointed out I think I need a prg degree to figure this stuff out. Next time if it involves shooting something with my m16 I can do that without help.

-j

Last edited by kuduff : 05-29-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Unread 05-29-2007, 04:40 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Crushbone

What's your macro? It should be:

/show_window Journals.InfoCenter

because the info center is a Journals window, not a mainhud one. That's also why you don't need to have the include line in your eq2ui_mainhud.xml file; DBurg has already included it in the customized eq2ui_journals.xml file that came with the InfoCenter.

He also included a customized start button that includes the InfoCenter which, based on your list of files that you have, I'd say you've also installed. Click on the EQII button in-game and you should see the InfoCenter option there.
Unread 05-29-2007, 09:54 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost

Hi
First of all I just wanted to thank you for this great addon. It has helped me greatly. I do have some suggestion, questions on changes to it. When I open the browser it would be great if I could get some kind on minimize function of that window so I can keep it open but out of the way. What I do now is manually resize the window and drag it open and close as needed. I know eq2map has a minimize button and I hoping you could put a similar function on the browser. Also not sure if this can be done but is there any way to make waypoints clickable and sent to map like the built in waypoints? Or if that doesnt
work to make it so I can copy and paste waypoints from infocenter. Once again thanks for all the hard work.......................
Unread 05-29-2007, 12:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default more

I figured it out. Ty all for your help. The issue came from having created an eq2.ini along with the map mod creating one on its own. I deleted the one I created and it all works now. Thank God as I really need some help with this game. Its good but its far different from eq1.

-j
Unread 05-29-2007, 05:48 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by konan View Post
When I open the browser it would be great if I could get some kind on minimize function of that window so I can keep it open but out of the way.
Your request actually has nothing to do the Info Center. You should check out the various browser window mods available here, and see if any include a minimize button. (I don't know offhand if any do or not, but if not, it probably wouldn't be difficult to convince the creator of one or more of them to add the functionality.)

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 06-04-2007, 06:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

First of all, I love the infocenter. Thank you for it.

Though there is now an in game browser, I'd still like to mention that the quest notes in your infobox are infinitely more useful - they're quick, don't have to search and wait for laggy pages filled with ads to load, only to have to do it over again for the next step. Not to mention your guides are all way more accurate than most on the popular sites - generally have to look through everyone's additional comments to find the truth, and they all contradict each other.

That being said, I understand not wanting to continue to write your own notes for every thing they add - I'm sure it takes a lot of work. What I would like though is if you could make it possible to add our own quest guides to the places where you hadn't put them yet - something simple like the notes tab that we can edit, but for the quest buttons like the last few heritage quests. That way, I could at least copy the guide from the web into the box so I can get to it more easily. (I can edit the text files of the missing quests, but the buttons are still unclickable)

Last edited by Goldom : 06-04-2007 at 06:25 PM. Reason: (note)
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Send a message via ICQ to DarkWanderer

Hello,

at first sorry for my bad english but i hope you can help my.
I downloaded this mod today and follow the instruction:

1. Copied eq2ui_journals.xml and eq2ui_journals_infocenter.xml in my ui/ folder
2. copied the infocenter folder within all his subfolders and files in my ui/ folder
3. started the game and type /show_window Journals.InfoCenter in the cat
4. NOTHING happens!

No black window, absolutely nothing. But this is all i find in the install instruction so please help me, what do i wrong?

- do i need to modify my eq2.ini to say Eq2 where are the files for the mod and when, how?
- what to do with the file eq2ui_mainhud_startmenu.xml? No word in the instrauction on this site about this file?
- And why is any Install instruction missing in the archive?

Thanks alot, Darky
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:18 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Check the FAQ at the very top of this page for instructions on how to install mods.
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:26 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Hey Darky! You're just a little bit off. Correct instructions can be found here.

Essencially, you need to put the custom files inside a folder within your /UI/ folder. And if you've never installed a custom UI before, you'll also need to edit the eq2.ini file.

Hope that helps!
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I read it more then one Time, it says:

Quote:
1. Download the interface you wish to use
I do, look my first post
Quote:
2. Make a new folder with any name BUT with no spaces or special charaters (example: bobsui) in the UI folder that is inside your Everquest II directory.
Ok i now have checked this, made a new folder, now ui\infocenter\
Quote:
3. Unzip the xml, dds, tga (dds,tga's must be in a images sub-folder) files into your newely created folder. Please make sure you dont have a folder inside of a folder when you do this. %\Everquest II\UI\bobsui\jillsui\*.xml (wrong) | %\Everquest II\UI\bobsui\*.xml (correct)
i do.
Quote:
4. If you are going to use multiple interface peices just unzip all of them into the same folder.
i dont have other mods
Quote:
5. Go back to your Everquest II directory and create a new text file and put the following code inside of it:
Code:
cl_ui_skinname bobsui cl_ui_subdir UI/
i have this file for eq2maps and it looks:
Quote:
cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP
cl_ui_subdir UI/
Quote:
6. Save the file as eq2.ini (make sure you dont save it as eq2.txt or eq2.ini.txt)
7. Load up Everquest II and your new interface should be working.
So i read it and follow it as good as i can, but .. nothing happens.
Look point 5, i don't want to do anything with a skin, i will have the infocenter!

So can anybody help me?

Darky
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodrelhai View Post
Hey Darky! You're just a little bit off. Correct instructions can be found here.

Essencially, you need to put the custom files inside a folder within your /UI/ folder. And if you've never installed a custom UI before, you'll also need to edit the eq2.ini file.

Hope that helps!
Thanks you, this link helps

Darky
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:35 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw
Thumbs Up

Inside you UI\ folder create a folder, for example UIMOD.
"Everquest II\UI\UIMOD"
¨
Copy all the files into UIMOD.

Then edit or create EQ2.ini with NOTEPAD.
"Everquest II\EQ2.ini"

Add these lines:

cl_ui_skinname UIMOD
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Hope it works
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:38 AM
A Grassland Beetle

You have EQ2MAP?

If you have that, then there should be a folder in your UI folder called EQ2MAP - put the InfoCenter files and folders in there.

Otherwise you are creating multiple custom UI setups, and your EQ2.ini file can only reference one.
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi,

yes i have eq2map.

Ok now i moved the complete infocenter/ folder into the EQ2Map folder

my now eq2.ini looks like:
Quote:
cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP
cl_ui_subdir ui/
so now i try to check it ingame

Update: Checked

EQ2Map works well!
typed /show_window Journals.InfoCenter in the chat ---> NOTHING happens!

What do i wrong? omg

my eq2.ini is done like the info from last post, and ell the infocenter files and subfolders moved to the eq2map folder within the ui folder.

Darky

Last edited by DarkWanderer : 07-05-2007 at 05:47 AM.
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:56 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Did you also move the eq2_journals.xml and eq2_journals_infocenter.xml files into the EQ2MAP folder?

Sorry if I wasn't clear before, when I said all the infocenter files and folders, I meant all the files and folders included in the .zip when you downloaded it need to go into your UI/EQ2MAP/ folder.
Unread 07-05-2007, 06:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yes i moves all, the two files and the subfolders

My folders are now like:

ui\
ui\EQ2MAP\
ui\EQ2MAP\infocenter <-- this folder contains the subfolders like alchemiy\ cookbook\ etc.

and the two files are at:
ui\EQ2MAP\eq2ui_journals.xml
ui\EQ2MAP\eq2ui_journals_infocenter.xml
the infocenter subfolder with his own subfolders are now at:
ui\EQ2MAP\infocenter

and my eq2.ini looks like:
cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP
cl_ui_subdir ui/

and now, after many moving and editing, all works fine!

Thank you guys for your help

Darky
Unread 07-05-2007, 07:41 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw

If you press the EQ2 button , there should be a InfoCenter button at the top.
Unread 07-16-2007, 06:48 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Default Addition to the FAQ, don't use < > :)

1st of all Darryl, you've done a very nice job on this info center.

I've got just one addition to the 'FAQ-help' that you cannot use the characters "<" and ">" in the notes. It will result in not loading your complete UI (User Interface).

The thing happened, that i edited the notes and added these chars, i tried almost everything to get it working again and resulted it in a piece by piece buildup of my UI. (a cleanup was needed anyway )
I'm posting this becouse anyone else might find it with search

Ciao, Thanks for this wonderful work.
Unread 07-16-2007, 09:23 AM
A Griffon

Yes, that's true. Those characters are illegal in XML files. You can use &lt; for < and &gt; >.

You can see
http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_cdata.asp
for more information.
Unread 08-08-2007, 02:45 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Guk

So, got a question. Is this mod not being updated anymore or is it dead in the water, as is? Any ETA on an update or am I missing something?
Unread 08-08-2007, 03:12 PM
A Griffon

I read that Darryl isn't playing EQ2 now but he's still on the forums pretty regularly.
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...0670#post60670

If you want to put together updated txt files with current information (but not new quest walkthroughs) he could probably incorporate them.
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:43 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharzon View Post
So, got a question. Is this mod not being updated anymore or is it dead in the water, as is? Any ETA on an update or am I missing something?
Unfortunately, I haven't been playing since spring. The accounts are still active, and my wife still gets into the game occasionally, but I haven't had much time.

I *do* plan to get back to it, and will be updating the Info Center when I do. But I can't say with any certainty when that will be. So if someone in the meantime wants to provide me with updates to at least some of the pages affected by recent GUs -- the zone list, the racial traits list, the furniture list, the house location and price list, etc. -- I'll be happy to incorporate them into an interim update, pending my own return to the game and more careful look at what's new and changed.

-- Darryl