Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Closed Thread
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:02 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

my only idea how to do it is what you quoted in your post, I still think that should do the job, or at least I don't think we can do better without Rothgar's DD.

PS: On conditionals and operators there are some useful stickies in the XML modding forum, that's where I learned from as well.
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:17 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
my only idea how to do it is what you quoted in your post, I still think that should do the job, or at least I don't think we can do better without Rothgar's DD.

PS: On conditionals and operators there are some useful stickies in the XML modding forum, that's where I learned from as well.
Thanks. I'll take a look.

I'm thinking there's maybe one way I could do it, but I'm not sure. I'll try some stuff out. It is almost finished though.
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:18 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

From testing it somethings I have noticed are that...

A) Misses do not show up in orange like they are supposed to, they are showing up a grey color for me, so aren't triggering the reset of the bars.
B) The combatbubbles are appearing later than the auto attack is happening. You may be able to make the bar more accurate by using an event handler that occurs before the OnShow event. I don't know the event hierarchy though.
C) The bar needs to remain visible when the user has entered stealth, otherwise it is a bit confusing.
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:31 AM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by reins View Post
From testing it somethings I have noticed are that...

A) Misses do not show up in orange like they are supposed to, they are showing up a grey color for me, so aren't triggering the reset of the bars.
B) The combatbubbles are appearing later than the auto attack is happening. You may be able to make the bar more accurate by using an event handler that occurs before the OnShow event. I don't know the event hierarchy though.
C) The bar needs to remain visible when the user has entered stealth, otherwise it is a bit confusing.
A) Melee auto attack misses don't show up at all. Misses only show up when you do a CA/Spell or a Ranged auto attack. I'm aware of this, but I'm not sure how to fix this.

B) Do you use a dual wield weapon with different delays? What's your average latency? Care to elaborate? (I'm not sure if I understand you)

C) When the user enters stealth, autoattack turns off...so I'm not sure what to do there.

I'm going to try to streamline the code with my next update.

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-24-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:59 AM
A Berserk Golem

ok I downloaded the file, and i dont see anything different with my UI. How do I load this? or what folder am I supposed to put it in.
Unread 11-24-2008, 02:08 AM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedycerv View Post
ok I downloaded the file, and i dont see anything different with my UI. How do I load this? or what folder am I supposed to put it in.
Right now it's in testing so it's only about 95% functional. Put the file in your customui directory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf
Remember to put <include>eq2ui_custom_autoattacktimer.xml</include> inside your eq2ui_custom file. You don't need to type anything to make it work, just auto-attack
If you don't have eq2ui_custom.xml, copy the one from the default ui folder and paste it in your custom ui folder and follow the instructions of this quote.

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-24-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Unread 11-24-2008, 04:33 AM
A man among men

Here's my latest version. Nothing major in this test release. I cleaned up some code and streamlined events and calculations. I also added the function which turns off the secondary bar display when Primary/Secondary delays are both the same.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_custom_autoattacktimer.xml (9.5 KB, 397 views)

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-24-2008 at 04:37 AM.
Unread 11-24-2008, 07:20 AM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

Great work so far dragowulf, even for a freep =P

One suggestion that will take care of one issue is to have the bar remain visible if it is still counting down.

For example, if you kill a mob with auto ranged attack, your bar will continue to be visible while it is counting down. Once it has finished, and you are no longer attacking, the bar disappears. This will also let you know that as a tank, when you press the autoattack button to target the next mob (most tanks do this right?!?!) you may not hit it right away and could hit a few CA's first.
Unread 11-24-2008, 08:51 AM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nluerdarea View Post
Great work so far dragowulf, even for a freep =P

One suggestion that will take care of one issue is to have the bar remain visible if it is still counting down.

For example, if you kill a mob with auto ranged attack, your bar will continue to be visible while it is counting down. Once it has finished, and you are no longer attacking, the bar disappears. This will also let you know that as a tank, when you press the autoattack button to target the next mob (most tanks do this right?!?!) you may not hit it right away and could hit a few CA's first.
Good idea. I'll try to do that.
Unread 11-24-2008, 09:34 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
A) Melee auto attack misses don't show up at all. Misses only show up when you do a CA/Spell or a Ranged auto attack. I'm aware of this, but I'm not sure how to fix this.

B) Do you use a dual wield weapon with different delays? What's your average latency? Care to elaborate? (I'm not sure if I understand you)

C) When the user enters stealth, autoattack turns off...so I'm not sure what to do there.

I'm going to try to streamline the code with my next update.
To get auto attack misses to show you, you need to use a command, i believe its
/combatbubble_only_spell_misses 0

When i did that the auto attack misses started showing up, but they were grey instead of orange, and it looked like they had a shadowstyle heh.

And what I mean by B) is that if you watch the chat log, you get the auto attack message before the combat bubble actually appears (Some times). I've seen it take a full second before the combat bubble renders. So if you are running ACT and have the autoattack notification plug in running, you'll hear it fire before the combat bubble appears atleast half of the time.
Unread 11-24-2008, 10:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
but they were grey instead of orange, and it looked like they had a shadowstyle heh.
you can just filter by the text

Quote:
And what I mean by B) is that if you watch the chat log, you get the auto attack message before the combat bubble actually appears (Some times). I've seen it take a full second before the combat bubble renders. So if you are running ACT and have the autoattack notification plug in running, you'll hear it fire before the combat bubble appears atleast half of the time.
the question is whether that also makes the bar delayed or whether it is just a visual thing for the floating bubbles. They might well OnShow on time but be scrolled into view only later.
Unread 11-24-2008, 11:02 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Yes it does delay the bar, I was testing it with the both the chat window and the ACT auto attack notification.

The log line would show up a good 1/2 second to 1 second before the bar would reset at least 40 to 50% of the time.
Unread 11-24-2008, 11:07 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I toyed around with all of the /combatbubble commands. none of them made the combat bubbles appear when they were supposed to with any form of accuracy. That is why i'm curious if there is an event that could be used before the OnShow event. Maybe OnActivate... I don't know the event hierarchy for the UI - any event that occurs before the OnShow event.
Unread 11-24-2008, 11:09 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hmm, hope somebody finds a solution to that, because I don't see one.

You can't run an event script before the event occurs, what you could do it offset the entire bar by the delay but that would be fairly inaccurate.
Unread 11-24-2008, 11:27 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Yeah right now I don't see a way around it, I'll test it more tonight and maybe come up with some ideas.
Unread 11-24-2008, 11:31 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unrest

Just make the last little section of the bar red.. like the last 5% of the 100%.

That will take into account bubble lag.

Unread 11-24-2008, 11:34 AM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Yes it does delay the bar, I was testing it with the both the chat window and the ACT auto attack notification.

The log line would show up a good 1/2 second to 1 second before the bar would reset at least 40 to 50% of the time.
What kind of (PC) system you using?
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:04 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jida View Post
What kind of (PC) system you using?
I can raid in high quality with no lag
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Do you have any plans to add this to the tank side of the game? I would love to have this for my monk
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:34 PM
A Berserk Golem

OK i did what you said, had to make a customui folder and added the part into that default file (i put it in after the first line) and then copied it over to the folder. Hcanged my eq2.ini to point to customui. and The bar came up. But there is no bar going across, counting down for me.
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:38 PM
A Berserk Golem

Attack something instead of just having ranged attack on.

That might help?
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:01 PM
A man among men

Quote:
To get auto attack misses to show you, you need to use a command, i believe its
/combatbubble_only_spell_misses 0

When i did that the auto attack misses started showing up, but they were grey instead of orange, and it looked like they had a shadowstyle heh.

I did not know there was combat bubbles commands. Please post more. I think I can make it filter misses as well though. What color are the misses?

For the other thing. I have no clue how to fix that problem. I don't control when the bubbles render, and how they render. Shoot if you have an idea..because I sure don't. It could also be latency. Disable my mod and see if it still happens.

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-24-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jida View Post
Just make the last little section of the bar red.. like the last 5% of the 100%.

That will take into account bubble lag.

Maybe. We'll see
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question Problem with the autoattacktimer-progressbar

Hallo mighty handlers of code and numbers,

since I've started reading this thread i'm more then impressed with all the thoughts and trys going on.
So I thought it would a good idea to give this auto-attack-timer a try for my chars. I installed the xml-file and all is going very well except one problem: The progressbar never reaches the full length of the window. It resets by approximately 10% of the length. It resets correctly, when it is supposed to do so, but it has only reached a tenth of his length.
Is came to my mind, that I also had a very similar problem with the original autoattack-calc-window, which is now part of the profitUI. It shows the value of the weapondelay always as ten times the real delay. So I see a 40, there I should see a 4. This is true for meele and ranged delay.
I'm a complete noob in terms of coding and UI-modding, so the only explanation to me could be, that I'm playing with the german version/client of EQ2. Maybe that this gives you guys a hint for a possible solution for this problem. I would love to use the autoattacktimer, because I think it's a huge help for a better timing in fights.
So long and keep up the good work,

Dionys
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:36 PM
A man among men

I've concluded that when you enable misses, it turns on misses for you and your enemy. This is bad because the enemy's misses are the same color and shadowstyle as your misses.

Is there any way to do this without using combat bubbles??