EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 10-13-2004, 06:07 AM
A Coastal Crab

Is it just my imagination or didnt I read somewhere about SOE relaxing the NDA in a way, for only levels 1-9, so that some fan sites may write an EQ2 Beta journal for instance?! I'll have to see if I can find that post again.
Unread 10-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Drakkor

Default Relaxed NDA

They have relaxed the NDA for some specific sites (check EQTraders.com). And yes the information is currently only for beginning levels (outside of the info they have already released).

EQTraders has some links to other sites that have done a wonderful job of setting up newbie guilds and general FAQs.
Unread 10-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

They are allowing some sites to release information and some sites to have beta journals. We just got the ok to have beta journals and you'll see Kudane and myself posting our adventures in EQ II.
Unread 10-13-2004, 06:25 PM
A Brown Bear

As I didn't really pay much attention to it at the time (was tired and such), I'm not sure how much of it is correct... but I recall seeing something about the NDA being lifted to 19th level for whichever few people.
Unread 10-15-2004, 05:31 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

They are laxing up a bit on the NDA, but I think it is pretty stupid to actually put in the NDA that you're not allowed to tell people you're in beta. It's all over the place now, sites all over have contests (even thedruidsgrove.org, where I got my invite through).

Hopefully you're start to see more and more information gettings released. This game is very complex (more so than EQI) and hiding everything until release, I think, will be a HUDGE disadvantage to any new player.
Unread 10-15-2004, 05:57 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost

I'd rather they kept most of it a mystery for now. Keeps the excitment going, and the.... LOL, Everquest for more info. The release of little bits of info here and there is enough to keep people in wonder without spoiling it.
Unread 10-15-2004, 06:43 AM
A Forest Scavenger

I don't know... me and my friends "sit around the water cooler" at work and talk about EQ 2 all the time. Yes, we are 30 something nerds and where did I put my pocket protector? I probably check the EQ 2 website 4 or 5 times a day for new information, I kinda lean towards the "tell me all about it right now before I lose my mind because I'm like a little kid waiting on Christmas which doesn't seem to ever be coming soon enough" response to this point.