EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 10-13-2004, 05:59 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost
Default Zone Exploration

What do you think the first zone you will want to check out will be? That is, once you can make it out to it without dyin.

I am thinking I have got to go check out Neriak, or what's left of it... There have been hints that DE's still reside below ground, I'd like to check it out.
Unread 10-13-2004, 10:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

well sence you asked, the first zone i would want to check out would be guk, however i think i might have to wait a little wile for that one.
Unread 10-14-2004, 12:58 AM
A Griffon

I want to check out primarily the places I grew so fond of back when I used to play. Such as North and south Ro... you know... those easy life happy memories you made just killing the little critters.

You remember leaving the city you FIRST learned to play as in EQ then you came back 20-40 levels higher and you thought "wow, I'm back home". Maybe no one role plays it or gets attached to their character but I sure did. So I wish to go back to all those memory places where I remember leveling up in my youth levels.
Unread 10-14-2004, 01:17 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Blackburrow. If I had a dime for every hour I spent in that place...<sigh> I definately want to see the changes there, esp. if you have been reading the journal saga on the main website. The part dealing with the orcs taking over BB to drive their army through to Qeynos. Exciting stuff!
Unread 10-14-2004, 03:03 AM
A Griffon

Oh yeah BB... oh so sweet memories!
Unread 10-14-2004, 06:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have fond memeories of Mistmoore...don't know why but everyone hated and feared that place(this is back when it was populated, you know before all the expansions), but as a pally I loved hunting there and I also took my monk there alot when she was created.
Unread 10-14-2004, 09:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

MM at least on my server was train city. i think the first time i zoned in i got hit by a huge train.
Unread 10-14-2004, 11:04 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default The whole World

I was in the beta for Everquest. I remember when I first started playing... the excitement... the fun... the adventures.... everything!! Each new zone was more amazing then the last. The fear and uneasiness I felt when entering some place for the first time, not really knowing if I was high enough level to be there or not. I played EQ for several years, but eventually I just got bored with it.
Now, the more I read about EQII the more excited I get! I already feel a lot like I did so many years ago when EQ was first born. I am so excited about EQII that I feel like kid again. I can't wait to be able to explore every single zone. It's a whole new game, so I have no real expectations save one... It's gonna be great!!
Unread 10-14-2004, 11:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Blackburrow

Blackburrow was a great zone to start at. It got players experience in dungeons, trains and corpse retrievals! I know EQ2 will be different, but this should be fun.
Unread 10-14-2004, 01:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I intend to attempt to find Rivervale in an attempt to unearth the picnic baskets
Unread 10-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Mitsuhide

Talking All Very Great Ideas

Going too see the remains of the once great dwelling of neriak would be nice and seeing Neketulos (<--spelled right? and i call my self and EQ addict...)
Unearthing picnic baskets aye that would be fun, but then again what happened to the wood elves and high elves, after getting their arses whooped by orcs, I really want too see what happened to Greater, and Lesser Faydark and too see if the orcs made it smelly and stinky... or accidently burnt it down. One thing i would really love too see is how they are going too introduce continents such as Kunark... and *sniff* Velious, I think Velious melted and became a giant chunk of land, or shattered (because of Luclin) into mini Velious' for everyone too enjoy! Then there is Kunark if that continent was ruined by Luclin... would it be called "Ruined Ruins of Kunark" or "Even More Ruined Ruins of Kunark?" THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!
Unread 10-14-2004, 03:51 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost

I wanna find the DE queen, whom is supposed to be underground in Neriak. Who knows...she might be my next X-wife.
Unread 10-14-2004, 09:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

well i havent played eqlive so i cant realy say that i have alot of good memories from the past but one zone that i look forward to explore will be perma frost i want to chop yeties down with my axe hehe
Unread 10-14-2004, 10:26 PM
A Griffon

Takumi -- you nailed it! I was not on beta but I was in upon release of the game for 3 years under the same name I am now. Esperant level 42 Mag and I had about 4 other alts that I got past 20. That was back in the day when bugs were everywhere but everything was SO NEW for its genre. It was like the first time we all picked up a Nintendo and went "Wow, revolutionary!".

A fond momment during early release did'nt fix a bug with necro pets so that you could give them a summoned dagger thats speed was insain and equip it on the pet so that he could attack at lighting speeds and whale out a huge amount of damage. I remember watching this one necro use his pet to take out 20 people in a pvp zone... lol those were the days!
Unread 10-14-2004, 10:34 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

Moorgard had made a statement to the effect of "I'd love to see the face of the first ranger that sees what happened to Surefall Glade".

I'm not planning on playing a ranger this time around, but it's definitely right at the top of my list of places to visit.
Unread 10-15-2004, 04:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I would have to say that I would want to go check out South Karana/Splitpaw Lair first. I spent so much time there with characters... almost all of mine spent time there from 27 to 34 or so at one time or anther. And to see if quillmaine is still there. Oh I want to go kill that flying turkey horse again.
Unread 10-15-2004, 01:39 PM
orkyd

I would really like to see the ruins of Erudin. I remember the first character I started was a Erudite Magician and I was so excited by the little teleporters everywhere. I also want to see the commonlands, as that is where I took most of my characters to level.