EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 10-13-2004, 03:41 PM
A Griffon

Default Froglocks

Whats everyone think of these guys? I'm very happy with the shots I've been seeing! Comments? Last I checked though, the stats seemed a bit weird for them.
Unread 10-13-2004, 03:58 PM
voden

Default Very cool

I like what they have done with the new design, The eyes are a bit disconcerting, but they are frogs. I think this was a good move for Sony to revamp them. I would like to see how they walk, is it hunched over, or a hopping type gait. Could be very interesting.
Unread 10-13-2004, 04:21 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I like the models I have seen for Frogloks, my problem has always been I could never see myself playing a frog lol
Unread 10-13-2004, 04:28 PM
A Brown Bear

The graphics are really nice on them. They have decent mix of stats as well. Personally I think the froglok is an ugly race and I would not personally play them. Bringeth the flames hehe..

Your ridiculous little opinion has been noted.
Unread 10-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Icey1

I really like the new models, and can actually see myself taking on the froglok race now. (i loved the red one)
Unread 10-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Co-Founder
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by karis
The graphics are really nice on them. They have decent mix of stats as well. Personally I think the froglok is an ugly race and I would not personally play them. Bringeth the flames hehe..
no one will flame you here Karis, EQInterface and EQ2Interface are "flame free zones" We do not condone such behavior and as such people feel better about sharing on the forums.

/bow
Unread 10-13-2004, 05:57 PM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The frogs eyes really dont seem to match there face to me. *Shrug*

I wonder how long the quest will be to unlock there race. Kinda weard they wont be able to be played untill someone discovers the quest and finishes it. Wonder what kind of reward will be given to that one player per server.
Unread 10-14-2004, 12:53 AM
A Griffon

Thanks Kundane now I can be my usual artist silly self...
with no worries. You all should just be affraid now

Yeah, the texture work on them is'nt half bad and I like the general mood their faces make. Their rather cartoonish weighting though to their body is actually not bad I think. Perhaps a bit over done but then again look at those barbarian womens breasts... *cough* yikes. Just dont poke my eyes out, you know what I'm saying?

Back to frogs though, I wonder if they get a huge skill increase in certain areas.... the obvious being swimming of course.
Unread 10-14-2004, 03:41 AM

Im asuming that EQ II will be like the orginial in the sense of innate abilities after a charater is created (plz tell me if im wrong). So just as the Darkelves in EQ could hide from creation onwards, im sure froglocks would be proficient (if not masters) of swimming and should be able to breathe underwater (good thing if there is any underwater dungeon).
Unread 10-14-2004, 09:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

hemm i'm not sure about innate ablititlys such as EB or better swiming, as far as i have read the only difference between the races (besides appearance and starting location) is stats, resists and vision types, but then again i could be wrong.
Unread 10-14-2004, 10:43 AM
shauwn

It would have been nice to see the Froggies grow a little larger in size..Something like Slaads in d&d They look no larger than halflings..So thats 5 small races now.. 3 large races, and 8 medium sized races... Personally I think there are to many Medium races..Kerrans and Iksar could have been made larger to qualify as A large race.. That would have been 5 Large races,6 Medium sized races,and 5 small races.. That souns a bit more even to me..*shrugs* but hey thats just my opinion..
Unread 10-14-2004, 11:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Aren't the Vah Shir and iksar considered large races currently in EQ?
Unread 10-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Mitsuhide

Red face Uhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueSanity
Aren't the Vah Shir and iksar considered large races currently in EQ?
Vah Shir, yes, Iksars, no they follow under the middle of sizes because they are rather slim, but then again someone may come on and "blast" me for being wrong...
Unread 10-14-2004, 07:30 PM
A Griffon

innate abilities not included with races imho would be a mistake. A frog who cant swim underwater is about as dumb a concept as any I think. I highly doubt that SOE would screw something like up. Then again... there has been no word on ANY of this.

PERSONALLY speaking, now that we're on the subject... I think there should be extra stats that would be bestowed to races in different catigorys just to seperate them out a tad more. For example lets say a race like froglocks start with +50 to swimming while humans have +10 and Ogres have +0. Then lets just imagine that these characters have maxed out their stats but the differences would STILL be the same. So Froglocks are +300 humans are 260 and ogres 250. I'm sure you could find a way for balance of side skills such as these. Maybe the counter could be Weight lifting large objects out of the path of a zone (which focuses on stronger classes (such as an ogre) to lift at lower levels OR a weaker class at high levels to lift).

Cause lets be honest... a dwarf that can swim as fast as a frog... is just odd and would look incredibly silly as well.

This is just an opinion and something to ponder I'm not saying this is the way it MUST be. But would'nt it add even more love to the race you picked?

Last edited by Esperant : 10-14-2004 at 07:32 PM.
Unread 10-14-2004, 08:28 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperant
innate abilities not included with races imho would be a mistake. A frog who cant swim underwater is about as dumb a concept as any I think. I highly doubt that SOE would screw something like up. Then again... there has been no word on ANY of this.

PERSONALLY speaking, now that we're on the subject... I think there should be extra stats that would be bestowed to races in different catigorys just to seperate them out a tad more. For example lets say a race like froglocks start with +50 to swimming while humans have +10 and Ogres have +0. Then lets just imagine that these characters have maxed out their stats but the differences would STILL be the same. So Froglocks are +300 humans are 260 and ogres 250. I'm sure you could find a way for balance of side skills such as these. Maybe the counter could be Weight lifting large objects out of the path of a zone (which focuses on stronger classes (such as an ogre) to lift at lower levels OR a weaker class at high levels to lift).

Cause lets be honest... a dwarf that can swim as fast as a frog... is just odd and would look incredibly silly as well.

This is just an opinion and something to ponder I'm not saying this is the way it MUST be. But would'nt it add even more love to the race you picked?
I agree, we need more love! More love!
Unread 10-14-2004, 09:07 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I agree with ya Esperant that sounds like a good concept!... it would give you a reason to be a certain race other than begining stats... I love the frogs.. 2 outta 3 of my toons in eq are the frogs!! They are just different than the typical races in most games so.... I hope it dont take too long to unlock um so i can be one again 8)~
Unread 10-14-2004, 10:54 PM
A Coastal Crab

I like the new look of Frogloks a lot better then current ones. Also someone mentioned a underwater dungeon, I thought that there weren't going to be any underwater dungeons in EQ2, I could be wrong though.
Unread 10-15-2004, 04:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I enjoy how the frogloks are looking for EQ II. And, I have to give props to SoE for once for actually coming up with a good idea for them. Making every one find them before they can play them. Unless I am mistaken, they are actually following story line, and you have to some how... free the frogloks from where ever they are would be my guess. Sounds cool to me.