EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > T.King

Unread 12-27-2005, 12:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechaar
Before I ask my question I must say this is has been worth the wait. Great Job to all who has been involved.

Now my question which goes mainly to Wulfy. How can I get my Target window to be up ALL the time? The way the skulls sit on my setup, they sit in between to chat windows. The black space when there isn't a target makes the space look like my little girls missing two front teeth. I have tried different methods, but no success. BTW I have been to merge some of Profits Objects with this one, and made my own Player Window using the Skull,
For some reason, I can't seem to get the health bars and images working properly if I'm using any profit stuff...

NVM Just had to include an extra XML, I got it.

Last edited by toadwaker : 12-27-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Unread 12-28-2005, 03:08 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfgyr
If you're talking about the "tooltips", you should be able to disable those for the hotkey bar through the options menu.

aye, sounds as if perhaps you installed the UI "over" another custom UI - did you make sure to put it in it's own folder, and change the eq2.ini file to reflect that folder? Just copying it over another complete UI can cause issues. Alternatively, what resolution are you running at?

Also, check to make sure the startbutton isn't "hiding" under a transparent part of another window. If it is, make sure "clickthrough" is enabled on the window that's "hiding" it, and that should fix it.

Wulfy
Nope, fresh install. I always delete the eq2.ini and any other mods I'm using. No window over the startbutton and the images in the icons never lined up. It's alright though. I'll wait for the next LU and check back then. For now, I'll continue to use Fetish Nightfall. Doesn't have the graphics I love in this UI, but it has all the features I need.
Unread 12-28-2005, 12:39 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Venekor
Default Target Window

I have yet been able to figure out how to keep the target window up ALL the time. Any Luck?

Zechaar Tin'Uveil of "The Elders"
Lavastorm Server
Unread 12-28-2005, 01:20 PM
A Griffawn

Default Hmm

Quote:
I have yet been able to figure out how to keep the target window up ALL the time. Any Luck?

Lavastorm Server
No matter what UI you use, if you are not targeting something, there is not target window up. This UI acts no differently in that respect. Maybe I am not understanding the issue or question.

Drunador
Unread 12-28-2005, 01:25 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I want it to stay up, Profit did it. I can't seem to find out how. At one point we couldn't make the clock stay up. Why should this be any different? I understand if someone can't come up with a answer. I want the skulls and bars to stay up all the time, even though they may be blank.

Thanks for you help,

Zechaar Tin'Uviel of "The Elders"
Unread 12-30-2005, 12:36 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfgyr
aye, sounds as if perhaps you installed the UI "over" another custom UI - did you make sure to put it in it's own folder, and change the eq2.ini file to reflect that folder? Just copying it over another complete UI can cause issues. Alternatively, what resolution are you running at?

Also, check to make sure the startbutton isn't "hiding" under a transparent part of another window. If it is, make sure "clickthrough" is enabled on the window that's "hiding" it, and that should fix it.

Wulfy
That wasn't it. Still no clue why, but no windows or anything like that. I delete the UI folder I'm not using and make sure the .ini file is changed. After about 4 uses, the start button quit working. And I use 1600x1200 rez..
Unread 12-30-2005, 12:37 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:

Lavastorm Server
Hmmm, ctrl-t or alt-t brings up my target window without anyone targeted. If I do it again, it brings up the implied target window, as well. A third time and it takes them all down.
Unread 12-31-2005, 01:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

UI looks great. Any way to change the skull fill color from blue to red?
Unread 01-01-2006, 12:00 AM
A Coastal Crab

I cant figure out how to get this to work do i just put it into the ui folder? and I cant find the eq2.ini file or whatever. Im a idiot can anyone PLEASE show me what im looking for? and when he says this

Extract the files from the distribution file to your EQ2 UI Folder. Make sure to Cut and paste the EQ2.ini file from the UI Folder into your EQ2 main directory. This is the file that tells EQ2 what UI to load.

what is the main direct?

Last edited by googa : 01-01-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Unread 01-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost

How to install an interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdeka
UI looks great. Any way to change the skull fill color from blue to red?
Yep, I'll try and post that for you by tonite, Merdeka.

Kharzon - still not sure why the startbutton's giving you issues. I'll run it at 1600x1200 tonite, and see if anything pops out at me. For the labels on the hotkey bar, that's actually part of the frame - I usually don't display them, so I didn't even change them at all. I'll look at shrinking the font, to make it a little more friendly, though.

Zechaar - haven't forgotten about the target window, I've got a few idea's on how to make that happen.

Hope everyone had a happy new year and merry christmas!!

Wulfy
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Apologies to all - this week has turned into a hum-dinger for me. Not only have my parents shown up to see their new grandson, I've returned to work for a week, to make sure everything's running smoothly after the holidays. Unfortunately, we lost 2 people for an extended period of time this week, so I've been playing catchup. *sigh* On the bright side, I should start to have more spare time starting this weekend, and have planned aside some time already to address the UI issues that have been identified.

Again, apologies for my sudden absence.

Wulfy
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:20 PM
A Griffawn

Default Love this UI!!!

Gratz to T.King and Wulf for such an awesome UI. Amazingly I even left Fetish Nightfall and am using this one exclusively now!

2 things are bugging me though, so I thought I would post something and see what the all knowledgeable Wulfy has to say. Hehe.

1) By default the group windows skull / msg center AND the default msg bar are showing. I would like the default one NOT to show. How can I make this happen?

2) No matter what tradeskill mod I put in, this UI won't use it or see it for some reason. Always uses what it came with or the default, am not sure which it is.
I craft alot and would just like to be able to use the mod mods I put in here.

Other than those 2 things, I love this UI and its ability to re-skin other mods.
On another note, I admit I finally had to replace the Player window that came with this UI. While yes it is cool and has good info in it, it was hard to read on a regular basis. Sorry Wulfy. I know you put alot of work into that window too.

I must say that I really like the targeting window. Although I did see that the no skull one, is only like half there. Not sure if this was intentional or what. So I use the skull one, the Caster one, just too much repetition of other things in the UI in my opinion. But it is cool in its own right.

Keep up the good work guys!

Drunador
Unread 01-06-2006, 11:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Finally a UI that I love to use.

Cant wait to see what other UI's you make.
Unread 01-09-2006, 12:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default group window

when ever I log out of game then back in, the group window is always gone and I have to hit Alt G to get back. Is there a way so this window stays? Also, any way to make the target window smaller?

Thanks!
Unread 01-10-2006, 02:21 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Alright. RE-installed the UI. Clean, installed windows xp, fresh install of the UI. No problems except this one. You can see the npcs name to the right, my pets name, and myself. All are cut off and immediately followed by ... Is this a UI problem or is there a setting in options for it? I have everything set on full names that I could find in options. Any help would be appreciated...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic.JPG
Views:	807
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	4439  
Unread 01-10-2006, 06:48 PM
A Coastal Crab

Love the UI it's the first one I've used for eq2. I used to use your stuff for eqlive all the time. I would like to see a Woodelf or Tunare based one if you're taking request that is. Keep up the good work.
Unread 01-11-2006, 02:56 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Wulfy...you out there man?
Unread 01-11-2006, 09:40 AM
A Berserk Golem

Well I might be the only one but I think the Target Window is a bit large. I play in 1024x768 mode because I get 100hz refresh on my monitor at that size(Faster FPS).

It would help alot if you could reduce it some, it takes almost half my screen horizontally. With the Character Window being as large as it is and the party window. all three windows tend to fill my upper part of my screen.

I'll take a screenshot and attach it so you can see. Otherwise I love the detail and functionality of the UI.
Unread 01-11-2006, 10:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Target Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corren Silverfir
Well I might be the only one but I think the Target Window is a bit large. I play in 1024x768 mode because I get 100hz refresh on my monitor at that size(Faster FPS).

It would help alot if you could reduce it some, it takes almost half my screen horizontally. With the Character Window being as large as it is and the party window. all three windows tend to fill my upper part of my screen.

I'll take a screenshot and attach it so you can see. Otherwise I love the detail and functionality of the UI.
I agree, I also would like to see some kind of arrows to indicate the encounters strength. I know on the target itself shows this info and placing the cursor over the target window too, but for some reason I like to see this on the target window itself.
Unread 01-15-2006, 12:27 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default An Idea

I had an idea that I'd love to see done - I'd love for the knowledge book to actually "open" - when first brought up, you'd click the closed cover (with some cool art of course) and the book would open up to reval the current "interior" art design....

if any such T King artwork for the cover of the books exist, I'd dearly love to see this done.
Unread 01-15-2006, 06:19 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Thumbs Up

Hello.

I just finished modding this UI with the following:

Fetish Exchange 5.0
Fetish 6 Way Inventory 5.0
Fetish Maps 4.7 (Must have)
Findarato's Maintained (timers, who its cast on)
Wildsong's Raid Window
MookHotkey18
InfoCenter (Must have)

I tried to add in Mahonri's Quickchange Shutdown window. After I plop it into the UI directory, open up the .xml to add my character names and server, add the include to the mainhud.xml file, boot it up, and about 2 seconds later, I'm sitting looking at my desktop. I have no clue why it does this and I cannot make it compatible with the Gothic UI. Any chance you or someone else can take a look at it and see if you could? Thats the last thing I need and I would like to upload the UI for anyone to use. Only thing I did was spend a little time getting the Fetish pieces to work with the UI as I love, just love, the inventory and map. Fetish Exchange is only there for the find it button, honestly. Here's a link to the Quickchange Shutdown:

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4008

Any help would be appreciated and plz, let me know if I may upload this for others to use as it is a great UI with great mods.

Thank you

*EDIT*
I downloaded some of the other quick change windows. Tablets one cut out the graphics on stuff like the chat window, etc. I finally found Pooka's and it works, even skinned itself to the UI

So, may I upload this under compilations for others to use?

Last edited by Kharzon : 01-15-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Unread 01-18-2006, 09:36 PM
A Sea Turtle

WOOT! If you're gonna start posting eq2 stuff i may just have to dust off my ui editor and start tweaking again. It's AWESOME to see you putting out new content.

*hugs Tom*

Centhena
Unread 01-24-2006, 07:32 AM
A Griffon

Default Mini-Map Plugin

For some reason this UI doesn't work with the Mini-Map plugin. I use this UI on the Test server, so I don't know if that's an issue or not, but for Test server the Mini-Map plugin would be especially handy for me. It's a beautifully designed UI, and I'd love to see a goody-two-shoes type UI....perhaps one for each class type (Druid UI, Cleric UI, Monk UI (omg that would rock), etc.)....

For the poster who was asking about the arrows up on the target, there's a command you can use to switch the con versions:

/con_version 0

or

/con_version 1

This will allow you to see the mobs themselves with either the old style (circle with level of mob and those fancy arrows on the sides) or the newer version (arrows up or down). However, this doesn't affect the target window itself. You can at least see the mobs levels this way.
Unread 01-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Apologies to all, I did NOT expect to be away this long at all!!

Unfortunately, things are very hectic for me, much more so than I expected after the new baby arrived late last year. (By the way, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and that the new year is going well)

In a nutshell... my youngest daughter (not the new baby, that's my youngest son, hehe) has developed some potentially serious health problems, and my wife and I have been spending a fair amount of time on the road, going back and forth to various spe******ts, children's hospital's, etc. So far, things are going well, and as long as the test results keep coming back the way they have been, things should iron out in a month or two, and my blood pressure can come back down to normal levels. (Nothing worse than havin' to hold a 1 year child while they sedate her. )

To top that off.... I've also been involved in a complete revamp of my home network, which is also used for some business reasons. We went from a 10/100, all Windows XP environment to a 10/100/1000 setup, with a new Windows 2k3 server. Let me assure you... if you've never been involved in an Active Directory deployment from the ground up, it's an interesting experience. For those that have, or are considering it, I highly recommend "Mastering Windows 2003 Server" by Mark Minasi. After my first disastrous attempt (I have experience administering AD... one of the reasons I decided to set it up at home as well, lol) at "winging" it, I reformatted everything, and started over, using that book as a reference. Flawless setup the first time, without any confusing Microsoft errors.

Finally, we lost 2 people at work (one to a heart attack - survived thank god, but is on medical leave, most likely until he retires), so I've had to pull a ton of extra hours, until we get 2 new folks in and trained up. That looks to be complete within 5-8 weeks, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

That being said, I still intend on supporting this UI.... whether it'll be coding with the baby in one hand, or just on the weekends, I should still be able to get some things out. Obviously, the time between request and delivery is going to suffer a bit, and for that, I apologize.

Thanks all,
Wulfy
Unread 01-26-2006, 12:38 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Nothing worse than havin' to hold a 1 year child while they sedate her.
I know where your coming from, I have been there before with my son from the age of 2 to 4 and it realy is a horrible experiance that you cant realy describe, brought tears to my eye's every darn time they did it .... On a more positive note he is 15yrd old and healthy (pain in the butt at time's though lol)

Well I hope all continues to go well for your little daughter m8 , best wishes