EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 11-15-2007, 09:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe
Default Fetish NightFall v9.5 Questions & Comments

First and foremost, Thank you very much for the quick update for RoK. Your hard work and dedication is highly appreciated. Having said that I'll get right to the point...

1. I noticed that the following 2 files were officially updated with GU40 but not for the latest FNF and was wondering if any changes were necessary (everything seems ok in-game but I haven't played much with this version so I wasn't sure):

eq2ui_hud_zoning
eq2ui_loginscene

2. What are the following windows used for and how would they normally be accessed:

eq2ui_mainhud_windowmanager.xml
eq2ui_popup_select.xml

3. Any insight on the Un-Official SoE Map Zoom Issue per the following thread: Zoom In/Out

4. Sony has seemingly removed the eq2ui_mainhud_advancementchoice.xml file from the Default Directory as well as the include in the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file. Is this still being used for anything or can it be safely removed?

Sorry for being so "to-the-point" but I figured that your time is valuable and I didn't want to waste it with too many pleasantries. I'm sure you understand.

Any insight would be welcomed. Thanks again for everything.
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:20 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

1. eq2ui_hud_zoning and eq2ui_loginscene had no real changes.

2. eq2ui_mainhud_windowmanager.xml - New window I assume is intended to provide access to major game windows, but doesn't work just yet.

eq2ui_popup_select.xml - Used in ROK to choose travel destinations.

3. I'll have to check some zones with custom maps, custom POIs for zones that have normal maps seam to work fine.

4. eq2ui_mainhud_advancementchoice.xml - obsolete now that trate choices are made from the AA window.
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:30 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Thank you for the quick reply. You are all that and everything else.

Here's another for you if you care to answer:

1. Prior to RoK I used to be able to bring up the Transmuting window even though I don't have any transmuters. My friends do however so I have it placed on a custom StartMenu but now it won't bring up the window. It doesn't bring it up even if I use the /show_window Tradeskills.Transmuting command from the chat window. Any thoughts on that?

I hate to say it but I might have some more question later on as I'm working on updating all of my Custom UI tonight.

BTW: Custom POIs do in fact work with the Zoom feature on SoE provided maps. It's just the Non-SoE maps that are causing the conflict.

EDIT: Here's something to look at with the Map Zoom issue...from the 3rd drop-down menu (which btw doesn't seem to fit properly anymore as the down arrow is no longer visible) select Lesser Faydark then use the Zoom feature...the Custom POIs scale appropriately but not all of them. There Larger Icons don't seem to work properly.

EDIT: Nevermind the Tranmuting question...I figured it out.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 11-16-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Unread 11-17-2007, 10:15 PM
A Griffon

You can skip everything in the above post as the items have either already been dealt with or are being dealt with elsewhere.

However, I'm curious about the following change in v9.5:

"StartMenu: Custom menu items have been moved to the bottom for technical reasons."

I'm still using an older Startmenu of yours that I've redone with items that I tend to use most often. The version that I'm using has the Icons on the Top, which is where I would prefer them. Should I be on the lookout for something bad to happen due to the technical reasons that caused you to move them to the bottom? Also, what were those reasons if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 11-17-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Unread 11-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Premium Member

I've got a different question.

Shortly after GU40 release, 9.5 was fine for me. Then, I tried to open my Persona Window and got the dreaded "incompatible" message. I reverted tat window to default. A few days later, the Open Mail (??) window and the tradeskill window suffered the same, and I had to go back to the default versions.

Is this just me? I haven't seen any other complaints about it.
Unread 11-20-2007, 08:20 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

StartMenu: In Beta, standard start menu items would not possition below custom items. Some change on SOE's end had them always starting in the top left corner, which would overlay custom buttons. I reported the problem so maybe they snuck a fix into the final release. Never bothered to test it on live since placing the custom buttons below worked.

Incompatable Windows: all windows included in 9.5 should be fine. Not sure why it would work for you one day and not the next. I suggest reinstalling 9.5. Be sure to extract it directly to the Everquest II directory and not to the UI directory (A common mistake).
Unread 11-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Premium Member

Sure enough, I had 9.5 extracted to the wrong directory and it was reading in the old files. All is well, thanks for the response.
Unread 11-28-2007, 05:15 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hello,
i dont often post but i do read up on the UI changes and anticipate all the nice goodies that we get from people like zonx that turn them into usefull items.

one i would like to see brought back up to speed ( may not have been zonx that made it) was the command center.

i love it but the tradeskill / harvesting section and some of the data is missing or old but all the buttons still work ( other than volumes always start at zero and can not save thier state once completely logging out)