EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > eXtremeUI

Unread 09-07-2007, 02:29 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Innothule
Default Big Thanks for a good EQ2 UI and a few questions.

Returning from a 2 year break while playing WOW I took for granted all the seemingly endless amounts of good UIs out there for WOW until I started playing EQ2 again and realized how limited the default SOE UI is.

Your UI has all the features I was looking for to make my game play easier.

I have a few questions that I need answered to finish setting up eXtreme UI.

1) How does one edit the "Guild Logo" on the loading screens?

2) You removed the info center as stated, however I have no idea where I should extract the separately downloaded info center to make it work... The default UI folder or the eXtreme folder?

3) I'm using a 16:10 WS 20 inch TFT with a native resolution of 1680x1050 Pixels, I set the resolution using the AUCP settings. but things like the compass are really pixelated and hard to read. What is the best 16:10 WS resolution to run eXtreme at IYO? I'm willing to play it in a window if it will make everything a bit sharper and easier to read.

Thanks again for such a good UI, your hard work is appreciated!
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurm View Post
Returning from a 2 year break while playing WOW I took for granted all the seemingly endless amounts of good UIs out there for WOW until I started playing EQ2 again and realized how limited the default SOE UI is.

Your UI has all the features I was looking for to make my game play easier.
Thanks Wurm

Quote:
I have a few questions that I need answered to finish setting up eXtreme UI.

1) How does one edit the "Guild Logo" on the loading screens?

2) You removed the info center as stated, however I have no idea where I should extract the separately downloaded info center to make it work... The default UI folder or the eXtreme folder?

3) I'm using a 16:10 WS 20 inch TFT with a native resolution of 1680x1050 Pixels, I set the resolution using the AUCP settings. but things like the compass are really pixelated and hard to read. What is the best 16:10 WS resolution to run eXtreme at IYO? I'm willing to play it in a window if it will make everything a bit sharper and easier to read.

Thanks again for such a good UI, your hard work is appreciated!
  1. look in <EQ2 folder>\ui\eXtreme\user_settings\images\ and you will find a couple of file named guildlogo_template.psd and guildlogo.dds. Replacing the guildlogo.dds file here will change the in-game image. The template file is just a empty Photo Shop doc that is just basically the canvas set to the correct size.
  2. Just extract the info center into the eXtreme folder.
  3. That is the resolution I use and haven't noticed any issues with the compass. I'll take a look at it and get back with you on this.

Any thing over 1440x1024 works good, any thing under that the viewable game screen starts to really get small.
Unread 09-07-2007, 12:21 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Innothule

Thanks for the speedy answer

With what should I replace the guild logo dds with? a jpg renamed dds?

Me = No clue lol

I did as you said and put the info center files into the eXtreme folder, but now the AUCP is reporting them as foreign files :-) it still works though so its not a big deal.

I also noticed that when I ran the AUCP it changed the background.dds back to the default. I was using one of the "MackGee's_backgrounds" after renaming the default to "orig_background.dds" Also not a big deal, I just did it again to fix it.

And I have a big problem that appeared today, when I hit the 'I' button to open my inventory, instead of my inventory / ragdoll opening the small box at the top that shows my currently equipped items goes black. When I hit it again, it reappears. I have a few items I'd like to switch out, but that can wait for the moment until I receive an answer on how to fix it.
Unread 09-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Thanks for the speedy answer
I aim to please

Quote:
With what should I replace the guild logo dds with? a jpg renamed dds?

Me = No clue lol
It has to be save in .dss format.

Quote:
I did as you said and put the info center files into the eXtreme folder, but now the AUCP is reporting them as foreign files :-) it still works though so its not a big deal.
Hmm I thought I excluded the infocenter folder from being checked in the foreign file check. I'll have to dig through it's code and see. But as you said it will still work, it is just that AUCP is letting you know about the files.

Quote:
I also noticed that when I ran the AUCP it changed the background.dds back to the default. I was using one of the "MackGee's_backgrounds" after renaming the default to "orig_background.dds" Also not a big deal, I just did it again to fix it.
You need to add backgroud.dds to the exclude file list in settings. Adding files there will tell the AUCP not to update these files. Other wise it will update them with the file on the server.

Quote:
And I have a big problem that appeared today, when I hit the 'I' button to open my inventory, instead of my inventory / ragdoll opening the small box at the top that shows my currently equipped items goes black. When I hit it again, it reappears. I have a few items I'd like to switch out, but that can wait for the moment until I receive an answer on how to fix it.
That window 'IS' your inventory. There is no stinking rag doll pic in eXterme. Just drag and drop your items to the slot you want them in.

Granted all this may change come LU38 with SOE adding a tab to the inventory..
Unread 01-27-2008, 05:31 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Thx

hi there thanks for this interface m8n

i work with that now over 2 years

the only thing who i think its not so good is the color and how i can move the bags little bit nerved

this ui in blue i think its look better but its nice in anyway -.)

thanks for making a so good ui .-)
Unread 04-15-2008, 06:43 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

I have the psd now... how do I convert the file into a dds or dss...?
And which one of these is it now?

I found some things called "DDS Convertor" but they don't do the job.

Thanks for helping!

Last edited by Kennin : 04-15-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Unread 04-15-2008, 07:26 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennin View Post
I have the psd now... how do I convert the file into a dds or dss...?
And which one of these is it now?

I found some things called "DDS Convertor" but they don't do the job.

Thanks for helping!
a photoshop dds plugin is stickied in the graphics/DDS subforum.
Unread 04-15-2008, 10:34 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

Ah, I see! Thank you!
I will try to get that!