Closed Thread
Unread 09-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils View Post
Somehow the program managed to uncheck all the default non update files in EQ2MAP update.

Only skinnable_windowelements remained checkt

As you can see 13 files were unchecked.

Broke my UI

Back to fix my UI

Edit: Now i remember i got a error message before this happend , cant remeber the message, but somthing about XMLparser
What happen prop is; You got an parser error on the eq2map_listfile somewhere in the middle of it and it only created excludes for some of the files needing to be excluded. Or so I think that's what happened.
Unread 09-13-2007, 08:15 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Yes from some reason the XML parser does not like the name I have for eXtreme.. The irony huh? Realy you shouldn't be ever getting eXtreme in your maintained UI list because it isn't in .zip format.
The strange thing then is that the list is still empty, i have not added anything yet

So why i get a error for extreme i don't know
Unread 09-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
The strange thing then is that the list is still empty, i have not added anything yet

So why i get a error for extreme i don't know
You favorites list here at this site is empty or the UI list on EQ2 Companion is empty?

If the later; the reason is because when it loads the interface module it gets it's list of UI's from the UI's you have in your favorites here at this site. So when the build process failed to build eXtreme it removed it from EQ2 Companion's internal list. To truly remove a UI from being maintain by EQ2 Companion you have to remove it from your favorites list here at this site, from this site. EQ2 Companion can't remove files from your favorites list at this site.

Does that make any since? I think I confused myself with that lol.

If the former let me know and we'll take it from there.
Unread 09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
EQ2MAP Developer

Quote:
You favorites list here at this site is empty or the UI list on EQ2 Companion is empty?
Here i have EQ2MAP Poi finder and ExtremeUI in my Favorites list.
But i can't remember adding EXtremeUI to my favorites.

That explain the error.

But the Companion list is empty.
Unread 09-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Default Beta Build 0.10

Build 0.10 Change Log:
  • Beefed up the handling of EQ2MAP's filelist file. It must exists and validate with out error before it will attempt to update EQ2MAP. You can still click on the manual update button but all that will do is retry for a valid filelist file. Once it gets a filelist file that will validate successfully it will then allow you to update EQ2MAP.
  • When you save Group C2C it now also create/updates a eq2ui_eq2c_C2CPlayer.xml file that can be used in the player window.
  • Added blank buttons to the player and group files that authors can use if they choose. If they do choose to use them, they will have to size, add all needed properties to them.
  • Changed the Node that holds the script to a Data node. Also added a NameSpaceURI to the data nodes so I can pick them out no matter what order the nodes are in. So you can not change the xmlns attribute.
  • Completed the Raid C2C class.

Last edited by Landiin : 09-15-2007 at 05:59 AM.
Unread 09-14-2007, 03:37 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

The text don't fit
------------------------------------

A old one :P
I checked the EQ2MAP updater today, marked the skinnable* and plugin* files works great , tryed to abort still ok, untill i restarted the program, all files where unmarked again
By some reason when it has downloaded the 14 unchecked files and you press "Manually Update" it downloads the 14 files again , and again .......

Thats it for now
I hope im not to picky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error5.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	5941  

Last edited by jnils : 09-14-2007 at 04:01 AM.
Unread 09-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
I hope im not to picky
Nope, not at all jnils. Just pick away, the more you pick the more stable the software will be.

Dang it and I thought I was done with the EQ2MAP class lol.. But Your correct, its unchecking all but that one file.

What ver of Wind are you using? The way it is coded the TreeView should only take up no more the 50% of it's container. And then there is your progressbar, looks like it's anchor properties are being ignored...

Here is the way mine looks. Looks pretty much the same on My XP box also.

Last edited by Landiin : 10-30-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Unread 09-14-2007, 11:30 PM
EQ2MAP Developer

Quote:
What ver of Wind are you using?
XP Home Edition 5.1.2600

Quote:
The way it is coded the TreeView should only take up no more the 50% of it's container. And then there is your progressbar, looks like it's anchor properties are being ignored...
This works for every new UI i add, but when i restart they end up like the picture.
Unread 09-15-2007, 05:14 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hi Landiin,

gave it a quick rundown, haven't test all or anything in much detail yet (lucky you ).

That spell database is wicked!

Other comments/bugs in order of how I found them:
  • Looks just like for jnils on a box with W2K3R2, but already when first starting up for those UI's on your favorites. Just like jnils said, when first adding a new UI, it looks ok. And the panels cannot be resized.
  • make the window fit the eq2interface page, it is too small
  • if removing an UI from the list, you get a box with a type "permintly" and it tells you something about needing to remove the UI also from the favorites at eq2interface.com. First: That UI was not on my favorites to begin with, you should check that. Second: Don't make people remove UIs from their favorites only because they do not want to use them with your program. Just save an exclude list and ignore those on the list when updating favorites.
  • also include UIs not in .zip format or otherwise broken in that list. I don't want a reminder about eq2map updater not being in .zip format each time I start the program
  • Conflict checking: There should be a warning to the user if there is a conflict. Right now the program downloads and installs everything and tries to do some merging. However. the user never gets told that he is just overwriting a file from another mod.
  • some typos: "Legond" instead of "Legend", "inclose" instead of "enclose", "UseAbilitie" instead of "UseAbility", "additional command" instead of "additional commands", "fist" instead of "first"
  • typo on Raid C2C page: button must be named "Save Raid C2C"
  • Quick Char Switch does not appear to allow to add more than one char?
  • Bookmarks does not appear to allow to add more than one bookmark?
  • Usability: the separation of udpate and install buttons might be confusing. Maybe rename update to download, and/or ask the user whether the UI that was just updated/downloaded should be installed
  • All UI tabs should get a heading like the eq2map tab, i.e. "check the files you do not want updated"
  • "Add New UI" on the "Paths" tab is disabled, how do I add an alternate UI?
  • If you delete a UI from the disk several things can happen:
    - if there is more than one UI folder, it will properly select the first available one.
    - of there is only one available UI folder, it will set the UI Path to the one in eq2.ini, and the dropdown to the one available folder. Those may not be consistent, and it throws and error when you try to save.
  • Tabs cut the Interface names off, either make them auto-resize or show the full UI name in a tooltip
  • eq2.ini files in UIs (e.g. mine) are ignored and not installed, even though they are listed and checked in the file list.
  • installing ProfitUI into a folder not named ProfitUI breaks some things. Doing that with your program renames all files in the eq2 root folder beginning with ProfitUI* to [thefolderyouinstalledinto]*, breaking even more functionality!
Unread 09-15-2007, 05:58 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Default Build 0.11

This was built before gm9's post it does address some of his issues already..
  • If the UI isn't in zip format, you can have EQ2 Companion ignore adding it.
  • EQ2MAP really save the exclude list now. So EQ2MAP should be fully functional.. *knocks on wood* You will need to delete the config file..
  • Umm I forgot what else lol

Last edited by Landiin : 09-17-2007 at 01:10 AM.
Unread 09-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Default Beta build 0.12

Build 0.12 change log:
  • Changed Save Group C2C to Save Raid C2C in the raid tab.
  • Added a Add and Delete button to Quick Char Switch. This functionality was already there just in *blush* undocumented keyboard short-cuts.
  • Added a Add and Delete Button to Bookmarks. Again this functionality was already there but umm see above.
  • Fixed and issue where if a none EQ2 Companion configured UI was replacing all occurrences of the zipped custom UI directory name with the users custom UI folder.
  • Disabled being able to select a eq2.ini file to be installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Looks just like for jnils on a box with W2K3R2, but already when first starting up for those UI's on your favorites. Just like jnils said, when first adding a new UI, it looks ok. And the panels cannot be resized.
Looking into this now, I can't reproduce this under Vista. Going to have to kick the kids off their XP box's to really give it a good test under XP OS. EQ2 Companion uses CommCtls32.dll v6 witch was v6 made available under XP. I am pretty sure W2K uses it also, I'll have to do some checking.

Quote:
make the window fit the eq2interface page, it is too small
If the opening size is any bigger it be to big to fit on the desktop of people who play in the smallest resolution settings. You can resize or maximize it so the news page fits evenly into it.

Quote:
if removing an UI from the list, you get a box with a type "permintly" and it tells you something about needing to remove the UI also from the favorites at eq2interface.com. First: That UI was not on my favorites to begin with, you should check that. Second: Don't make people remove UIs from their favorites only because they do not want to use them with your program. Just save an exclude list and ignore those on the list when updating favorites.
Added in the last build. I need to add a way to remove UI's from the ignore list though..

Quote:
[*]also include UIs not in .zip format or otherwise broken in that list. I don't want a reminder about eq2map updater not being in .zip format each time I start the program
See above

Quote:
Conflict checking: There should be a warning to the user if there is a conflict. Right now the program downloads and installs everything and tries to do some merging. However. the user never gets told that he is just overwriting a file from another mod.
This is by design, It only merges the module files ei eq2ui_mainhud.xml. I don't plan on adding warnings on this as there is no other way, they either have to be merged or they can't use two UI's with these files in them.

There is no way to tell if the UI being installed will conflict with files already on the users hard drive. I assume they they already know they have a hot-key mod installed and if they install another one I assume they are smart enough to know the one on the hard drive will be over written.

If install is clicked from the UI List it will install every UI that has a tab. It will do module merging and check for conflicts between these UI and if it sees any will inform the user, not install any of the UIs and makes available a list of conflicts with each UI.

Quote:
Tabs cut the Interface names off, either make them auto-resize or show the full UI name in a tool-tip
Windows does not provide tool-tips for TTabSheets and making the tab auto-size so the name will fit isn't a good idea as some tabs will be longer then then window will expand. I'll look into making custom tool-tip but it is low priority ATM.

Quote:
eq2.ini files in UIs (e.g. mine) are ignored and not installed, even though they are listed and checked in the file list.
This is by design, and it is for any UI that has the file eq2.ini in it. The user can enter client settings to eq2.ini in the EverQuest II tab. Merging these files can lead to belligerent eq2.ini files. So it is best to just let the user add there there then trying to programicly settle conflicts between commands.

Last edited by Landiin : 09-17-2007 at 01:11 AM.
Unread 09-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Default Total Controle

To have total control over where your files get installed and what gets installed you need to include a file name eq2c.xml in the root of the zip file.

Here is some information on the format of the eq2c.xml file. You can see a working example in my test UI here

<option> nodes can only have <file> nodes as children.
<file> nodes can only have <include> nodes as children.
<include> nodes can only have <include> nodes as children.
<core> node can only have <file> nodes as children.

Option node perimeters:
Code:
<option filename="eq2UI_skininfo.xml" mandatory="true" description="Extrems skins">
Property description.
  • filename: Is the filename used in the UI.
  • mandatory: tells the app that a file has to be include in the option set. It also disallows the user from unchecking this option.
  • description: is a description of the file

File node perimeters:
Code:
<file filename="eq2ui_inventory_market.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" default="true" description="The Market Window">
Property description.
  • filename: the path\filename of the file in the zip. The filename will be the finename used by the UI if not a child of a option node.
  • uipath: Tells the app where you want the file to be installed in relation to the EverQuest2 directory.
  • default: Only used when it is a child of a option node. It tells the app that this is the option you want to use a default if the user does not select one.
  • description: is a description of the file
Include node perimeters:
Code:
<include filename="eq2ui_ButtonStyles.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\"/>
Property description.
  • filename: the path\filename of the file in the zip. The filename will be the finename used by the UI.
  • uipath: Tells the app where you want the file to be installed in relation to the EverQuest2 directory.

Core node parameters:
Code:
<core>
</core>
Core is just a container node nothing more. The user will never have access to these files and they will always be installed.

Sample
Code:
<root>
  <option filename="eq2UI_skininfo.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="Extrems skins">
    <file filename="eq2ui_skininfo.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" default="true" description="Extrems default skin">
      <include filename="eq2ui_ButtonStyles.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\"/>
    <file filename="eq2ui_skininfo.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" default="true" description="Extrems default skin">
      <include filename="eq2ui_ButtonStyles.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\">
        <include filename="include_buttonstyle.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\"/>
      </include>
  </option>
  <file filename="eq2ui_inventory_market.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="The Market Window">
    <include filename="system\includes\include_inventory_market_levelclass.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\system\includes\"/>
    <include filename="system\includes\include_inventory_market_preset.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\system\includes\"/>
    <include filename="system\includes\include_market_favorites1.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\system\includes\"/>
    <include filename="system\includes\include_market_favorites3.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\system\includes\"/>
  </file>
  <core>
    <file filename="eq2ui.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\"/>
    <file filename="eq2ui_mainhud.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\"/>
    <file filename="core\eXtreme_core_styles.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\core\"/>
    <file filename="core\styles\eXtreme_style_images.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\core\styles\"/>
    <file filename="core\styles\eXtreme_style_specialelements.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\core\styles\"/>
    <file filename="core\styles\eXtreme_style_textstyles.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\core\styles\"/>
  </core>
</root>
Unread 09-15-2007, 04:49 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Looking into this now, I can't reproduce this under Vista. Going to have to kick the kids off their XP box's to really give it a good test under XP OS. EQ2 Companion uses CommCtls32.dll v6 witch was v6 made available under XP. I am pretty sure W2K uses it also, I'll have to do some checking.
That should not be the problem. My Windows Side-by-Side repository holds the following versions:

5.82.3790.1830 / 6.0.3790.1830
5.82.3790.2778 / 6.0.3790.2778
5.82.3790.3959 / 6.0.3790.3959
Unread 09-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

gm9 did you say you was getting the same results as jnils, with the object being out of place on the UI tabs?
Unread 09-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Default Beta Build 0.13

Build 0.13 Change Log
  • Fixed a bug that would install UI files into eq2\UICustomUI\%customui%\ when the zip is meant to be unzipped into the custom UI directory. This bug was introduced when I fixed a bug with it overwriteing parts of a filenames with the users customUI directory name.

Last edited by Landiin : 09-18-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Unread 09-17-2007, 01:49 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
gm9 did you say you was getting the same results as jnils, with the object being out of place on the UI tabs?
Doesn't sound like you fixed it, but in the latest version it works (just starting it up with the old config files still in place, not testing anything else so far). But yes, before it looked exactly like in those screenshots jnils posted.

Ignoring eq2map from the favorites works as well now, but the explanation on the msgbox that pops up is confusing (at least to me, I thought you would prompt me again if I click yes and remove it from my favorites if I click no). A simple "ok" msgbox should be enough I think.
Unread 09-17-2007, 09:08 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

EQ2MAP still downloads 1 file everytime you try to update

The interfaces tabs look good now

The window don't remeber location and size when you restart.

If you press save in the path tab, the program adds "# Modified by EQ2 Companion..." to the eq2.ini file , but not if you press the save button in eq2.ini tab. You don't get any warning if you make any changes to eq2.ini file and don't save before exiting.

There is no scrollbar in eq2_recent.ini file, but you can scroll by marking text with your mouse

Last edited by jnils : 09-17-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Unread 09-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
EQ2MAP still downloads 1 file everytime you try to update
What file is it downloading? What is the contents of your EQ2MAPExcludeList node in your config file?

Quote:
The interfaces tabs look good now
I don't know if changing from round to trunc fixed it, but I read that your system setting could affect the round function so I used trunc instead.

Quote:
The window don't remeber location and size when you restart.
Yea, I have it set for active screen center.. I've been meaning to add support for this, guess I will it's easy enough thing to add.

Quote:
If you press save in the path tab, the program adds "# Modified by EQ2 Companion..." to the eq2.ini file , but not if you press the save button in eq2.ini tab. You don't get any warning if you make any changes to eq2.ini file and don't save before exiting.
Sweet catch Jnils I'll get that fixed.

Quote:
There is no scrollbar in eq2_recent.ini file, but you can scroll by marking text with your mouse
Such things I miss.. Thats definitely one object that needs a scrollbar.
Unread 09-17-2007, 01:46 PM
EQ2MAP Developer

Quote:
What file is it downloading? What is the contents of your EQ2MAPExcludeList node in your config file?
<EQ2MAPExcludeList>icon_map3.dds skinnable_WindowElements.xml skinnable_Skinnable_Styles.xml skinnable_LocationImages.xml plugin_1.xml plugin_2.xml plugin_3.xml plugin_4.xml plugin_5.xml plugin_6.xml plugin_9.xml plugin_10.xml plugin_7.xml eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml</EQ2MAPExcludeList>

Think i found it, plugin_8.xml.
I checked it and now it works, but wy is it downloading a file thats not changed ???
If you have any of these files unchecked , it will allways download them.

Last edited by jnils : 09-17-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Unread 09-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
why is it downloading a file thats not changed ???
If you have any of these files unchecked , it will allways download them.
Because the filelist.xml the server sends down does not put a real MD5 value on these file. That node is populated with EXIST and not a MD5 value. So when it does its check, the MD5's don't match between the local and server file and its added to the file download que. I'm not trapping the value EXIST because the user has the option to exclude that file. If something happens they don't need to go in and delete the file, just uncheck it, let it patch and recheck it back.

At fist I did trap it but it kind of negates the whole filetree thing where the user has total control over every file. So now I only trap it to set them files as exclude the 1st time that the eq2map module is loaded. After that that value is treated as a real MD5 value if it isn't checked.
Unread 09-18-2007, 12:42 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Default Beta Build 0.15

What happened to 0.14? jnils post is what happened! lol
Build 0.15 Change Log:
  • Your password is now saved encrypted. You will have to change your saved one because of this, it'll let you know:P.
  • It now remembers the size and location when you closed it. If it was minimized when close it will resort to the last state it was in before minimized.
  • Scrollbars added to eq2.ini and eq2_recent.ini memo.
  • Changing the contents of eq2.ini via it's text will cause a reminder pop-up if you close before saving.
  • Clicking save in the eq2.ini tab will add the modified comment.
  • The Add UI button should be enabled more often now.
  • To keep it from downloading one of the exists files over and over for EQ2MAP. If it sees it downloads one and it isn't excluded it will add it to the exclude list and check the file in the tree view, no matter if the user has unchecked it. *save Dolby some BW*

Last edited by Landiin : 10-14-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Unread 09-19-2007, 01:40 PM
EQ2MAP Developer

Found some more
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Error6.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	5961  
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Ok, I've got them 3 items fixed. Is there any thing else you guys see that might be an issue? Or does it look pretty close to ok now?

I did find an issue since I added the location memory but have since fixed. You will see it in guild 0.15 when you first run it. You will get and EConversion error. '' is not a valid integer. or something along them lines. It only happens once the 1st time you run build 0.15 or if you delete you config file.

Last edited by Landiin : 09-20-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Unread 09-20-2007, 03:29 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

From the screenshot all I see is that "install" needs to be uppercased (is that a word?), . Did not give the latest build a try yet, and will not be able to before the weekend, but jnils probably has it covered.
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:47 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Quote:
It now remembers the size and location when you closed it. If it was minimized when close it will resort to the last state it was in before minimized.
Mine is not

Version says 0.14 , but i run 0.15 arcive

In Path tab the Save button is enabled , but i have not changed anything.
If i press it, it gets disabled.

I don't think "Interfaces's" should have the extra 's

Im not sure what the Charecter tab is for, same files both sides

In Group and Raid tab, "Variable legond" legend
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Error7.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	5962