Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > eXtremeUI

Closed Thread
Unread 09-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Default Henchman Beta tester Feedback (Build: 1.5)

This thread is for the people that are testing EQ2 Companion to report bugs and feedback.

Testers are invite only ATM. Hopefully it will be ready for open testing soon.

Last edited by Landiin : 11-14-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Default Install eq2c.xml file documentation

Here is the documentation on the henchman.xml (setup) file for UI authors if they chose to use it.

Types of nodes and descriptions:

<option> nodes can only have <file> nodes as children.
<file> nodes can only have <include> nodes as children.
<include> nodes can only have <include> nodes as children.
<core> node can only have <file> nodes as children.

Global variables
  • %customui% : Use this in the uipath property. EQ2 Henchman will substitute this variable with the users UI directory.

uipath property paths. These are just an example to give you and idea how this property works
  • "": Empty string tell EQ2 Henchman to put the file into the users EverQuest II directory
  • "ui\": Tell EQ2 Henchman to put the file in the EverQuest II\UI\ directory
  • "ui\%customui%\": Tells EQ2 Henchman to put the file in EverQuest II\UI\CustomUI\ directory
  • "ui\%customui%\images\" Tells EQ2 Henchman to put the file in EverQuest II\UI\CustomUI\images\ directory
  • "ui\fonts\": Tells EQ2 Henchman to put the file in EverQuest II\UI\fonts\ directory
There is no need to worry about the language folder, EQ2 Henchman Takes it into account.

Option node perimeters:
Code:
<option filename="eq2UI_skininfo.xml" mandatory="true" description="Extrems skins">
Property description.
  • filename: Is the filename used in the UI.
  • mandatory: tells the app that a file has to be include in the option set. It also disallows the user from unchecking this option.
  • description: is a description of the file

File node perimeters:
Code:
<file filename="eq2ui_inventory_market.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" default="true" description="The Market Window">
Property description.
  • filename: the path\filename of the file in the zip. The filename will be the finename used by the UI if not a child of a option node.
  • uipath: Tells the app where you want the file to be installed in relation to the EverQuest2 directory.
  • default: Only used when it is a child of a option node. It tells the app that this is the option you want to use a default if the user does not select one.
  • description: is a description of the file
Include node perimeters:
Code:
<include filename="eq2ui_ButtonStyles.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\"/>
Property description.
  • filename: the path\filename of the file in the zip. The filename will be the finename used by the UI.
  • uipath: Tells EQ2 Henchman where you want the file to be installed in relation to the EverQuest2 directory.

Core node parameters:
Code:
<core>
</core>
Core is just a container node nothing more. The user will never have access to these files and they will always be installed.

Sample
Code:
<root>
  <option filename="eq2UI_skininfo.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="Extrems skins">
    <file filename="eq2ui_skininfo.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" default="true" description="Extrems default skin">
      <include filename="eq2ui_ButtonStyles.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\"/>
    </file>
    <file filename="eq2ui_skininfo.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" default="true" description="Extrems default skin">
      <include filename="eq2ui_ButtonStyles.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\">
        <include filename="include_buttonstyle.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\"/>
      </include>
    </file>
  </option>
  <file filename="eq2ui_inventory_market.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="The Market Window">
    <include filename="system\includes\include_inventory_market_levelclass.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\system\includes\"/>
    <include filename="system\includes\include_inventory_market_preset.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\system\includes\"/>
    <include filename="system\includes\include_market_favorites1.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\system\includes\"/>
    <include filename="system\includes\include_market_favorites3.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\system\includes\"/>
  </file>
  <core>
    <file filename="eq2ui.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\"/>
    <file filename="eq2ui_mainhud.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\"/>
    <file filename="core\eXtreme_core_styles.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\core\"/>
    <file filename="core\styles\eXtreme_style_images.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\core\styles\"/>
    <file filename="core\styles\eXtreme_style_specialelements.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\core\styles\"/>
    <file filename="core\styles\eXtreme_style_textstyles.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\core\styles\"/>
  </core>
</root>
You can see a working Henchman.xml file eXtremeUI for EQ2 Henchman.

Last edited by Landiin : 12-01-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

New beta build ready for you guys to test out. I'll start putting it here as I am to lazy to post it in 3 places lol.. Check your PM inbox for the PW.

Last edited by Landiin : 09-11-2007 at 03:14 AM.
Unread 09-11-2007, 03:13 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Ok, I moved EQ2 Companion out of it's dev directory into its own and I started seeing a strang file called iphist.dat. After doing some searching, I found out that its caused by some managed code I used to detect if a connection to the Internet is present. It is a INDY control TidIPWatch and if you don't' set the property keephistory to False it creates this file. This new build has that property set to false so you shouldn't be getting that file any longer. If you do let me know.

Last edited by Landiin : 09-12-2007 at 01:47 AM.
Unread 09-11-2007, 03:44 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Small typo on eq2interface login prompt, nothing major...
"Usernam" should be Username: (see picture)

How to I close the browser that opens when I choose to "Add" and interface? What if I change my mind and choose not to add something, looks like the window only goes away if you download something? *Also how do you feel and others feel if maybe the UI installer was based off your favorites list? This way you just mark interfaces as favorites on the site and the patcher will keep them up to date instead of popping open a browser.

looking good though!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	passwordpromot.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	5925  

Last edited by Dolby : 09-11-2007 at 03:58 AM.
Unread 09-11-2007, 04:06 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I think the favorites list could be downlaoded on first start to let the user mark those that should be kept up to date. But, say someone has several complete UI's as favorites but is only using one at a time, you should not update both and make a terrible mix out of them, so it could not be automatic.
Unread 09-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Small typo on eq2interface login prompt, nothing major...
"Usernam" should be Username: (see picture)

How to I close the browser that opens when I choose to "Add" and interface? What if I change my mind and choose not to add something, looks like the window only goes away if you download something? *Also how do you feel and others feel if maybe the UI installer was based off your favorites list? This way you just mark interfaces as favorites on the site and the patcher will keep them up to date instead of popping open a browser.

looking good though!
Keep em commen in

There is a cancel button on the bottom of the add window.. *points Dolby in the direction of a optometrist* Ok ok, it is a small button I'll give you that

About the users favorites list; check you PM inbox.
Unread 09-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

I was thinking about the click to cure file EQ2 Companion generates today. Would it be better for it to generate the actual page it self with the buttons and all and let the user mod the side and etc. or just leave it like it is and let them load the script via the OnHoverIn event? If left like it is, the mod author can only place his button in a particular place. If I generate the page with buttons and all with the script already programmed into the OnPress of the buttons, the mod author is free to place this file any where he so desires.

I’m leaning toward and like the idea of given the mod author freedom to place the buttons any where he wants and generating the <page><button>.. .. ..</page file.

I’ll yield to you guys on this. What do you think?

I want to get this nailed down before I go ahead and code the raid click to cast class.
Unread 09-11-2007, 05:33 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

In my opinion just provide the spell name and nothing else (your spell1=""), then the mod author, if he wants to use your feature, can use his/her own code.
Unread 09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
In my opinion just provide the spell name and nothing else (your spell1=""), then the mod author, if he wants to use your feature, can use his/her own code.

In that case the user can't create their own script.

The way it is now, they can add tell to any channel, cast one spell and put one in que, with out having to worry about if they formatted it correctly, used the correct commands, etc. EQ2 Companion does all that for them through script variables.

I suppose I could add a drop down with the 3 options and the mod author could specify what option to use..
Unread 09-12-2007, 01:50 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Ok here is a rebuild where the UI's a user maintains is determined by the UI's they have added to their favorite UI's.

There is two ways you can add UI's to be maintained. Adding a UI to your favorites list or by using the Add button as normal in EQ2 Companion. Once you select yes to add the UI, it will add that UI to your favorites list here on this site..

edit:
Updated this build to include instructions how to perminantly remove the UI being deleted from being listed by EQ2 Companion.

Last edited by Landiin : 09-13-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Unread 09-12-2007, 04:17 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
In that case the user can't create their own script.

The way it is now, they can add tell to any channel, cast one spell and put one in que, with out having to worry about if they formatted it correctly, used the correct commands, etc. EQ2 Companion does all that for them through script variables.

I suppose I could add a drop down with the 3 options and the mod author could specify what option to use..
Oh well, I guess I should stop talking then before I took a look at the current version of your program.
Unread 09-12-2007, 05:11 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Ill try'ed to move around my chat channels when this happends.
If i press ok, the program resumes.

Seems to happends every time , 2 moves.
---------------------------

Sorry , one more

Happends when i start.
As you can se EQ2i page is loaded so it have access to the net.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Error1.JPG
Views:	455
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	5930  Click image for larger version

Name:	Error2.JPG
Views:	469
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	5931  

Last edited by jnils : 09-12-2007 at 05:22 AM.
Unread 09-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils View Post
Ill try'ed to move around my chat channels when this happends.
If i press ok, the program resumes.

Seems to happends every time , 2 moves.
---------------------------

Sorry , one more

Happends when i start.
As you can se EQ2i page is loaded so it have access to the net.
I'll take a look at it. I did changed the controls used to display the channels. So it is very likely I missed some coding trying to access a control that is no longer used.

Do you have a firewall of some sort running? The web page you see is displayed by TWebBrowser control witch is basically a mini IE so, most firewalls will let it pass data. All other files are handled in house by tcp connections so the could be being blocked.
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:23 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Quote:
Do you have a firewall of some sort running? The web page you see is displayed by TWebBrowser control witch is basically a mini IE so, most firewalls will let it pass data. All other files are handled in house by tcp connections so the could be being blocked
Ill have, only let port 80 through, thought you use HTTP

Ill change the setting and try again
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:

It should only be using port 80. I'm glad you got that error though :P I see I need to make the error more detailed as to why the error happend.
Unread 09-12-2007, 06:46 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Hi peeps,

Sorry I have made zero input here so far .. Been very busy elsewhere on the net trying to earn a few bucks... anyway this is what I have found...

When you load the companion the banner add loads up in a browser window "http://ads.eq2interface.com/ad-728-global.html" that was the last one I got .. (I know this has been stated before, but it didnt read like they said it was just the banner add that loaded in and nothing else)

Also you have a few typos..

EQ2 Companion settings

Check boxes 3 & 4 should read

Browser Bookmarks
Quick Character Switch

Also one major gripe...

You either need to make the height smaller or make it resizeable, as I am missing whatever is at the very bottom of the window if I have my menu bar in view in XP I am running 1440X900 @ 60 refresh and have a dpi of 120

I figure my 120 dpi is probably causing the problem..
So rather than make it detect dpi.. just set scroll bars if needed on the main container or make the whole lot resizeable .. as a suggestion..

Looking good though, nice work
Unread 09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
Hi peeps,

Sorry I have made zero input here so far .. Been very busy elsewhere on the net trying to earn a few bucks... anyway this is what I have found...
No prob laffs. No one can blame you for making a buck

Quote:
When you load the companion the banner add loads up in a browser window "http://ads.eq2interface.com/ad-728-global.html" that was the last one I got .. (I know this has been stated before, but it didnt read like they said it was just the banner add that loaded in and nothing else)
I'm up to like 10 add sites so far to allow. I have it set now when it tried to navigate to any where it opens up the URL in the users default browser except for adds. I've added excludes for adds but I can't keep up. I left this in so the site could still get add clicks. But I can't keep up with all the adds they are adding, so I'll prob disable it. This means there will be a blank white box where the add should be. /shrug.

Quote:
Also you have a few typos..

EQ2 Companion settings

Check boxes 3 & 4 should read

Browser Bookmarks
Quick Character Switch
Oh boy you just don't know! lol I wish there was a spell checker that wouldn't hang on the code. lol

Fixed

Quote:
Also one major gripe...

You either need to make the height smaller or make it resizeable, as I am missing whatever is at the very bottom of the window if I have my menu bar in view in XP I am running 1440X900 @ 60 refresh and have a dpi of 120

I figure my 120 dpi is probably causing the problem..
So rather than make it detect dpi.. just set scroll bars if needed on the main container or make the whole lot resizeable .. as a suggestion..

Looking good though, nice work
Could you post a SS so I can see what isn't scaling correctly. It should be scaling but hey we all know how should works lol..

edit:
Just set my desktop to 120DPI, and OMG.. My desktop is set to 1680x1050 and every thing is SUPER LARGE!! The only thing I see not scaling good is buttons that have more then on word in them. I'll make the autosize so the next will fit in them. But I do see what you are talking about, I'll make it so it can be resize.

Also added any url that matches the filter 'ads' will be allowed

Last edited by Landiin : 09-12-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Unread 09-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:

Oh it isn't on your end.. Just got home and looked at it.. It's not getting the filelist for some reason.. Looking into it now.
Unread 09-13-2007, 01:19 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

New build 1.008
  • Fixed EQ2MAP where it would download the filelist.
  • It is now sizable to a degree.
  • Fixed some scaling issues, still have some work to do on the C2C window for the bottom variable List.
  • Added Raid C2C. The xml paths are incorrect as I didn't have a copy of the raid window when I coded it. But the file is correct so I'll I have to do is add the correct xml path back to the members.
  • Added GroupMember0 to the Group C2C for them mods that include the Player in the group window

Last edited by Landiin : 09-13-2007 at 03:26 AM.
Unread 09-13-2007, 01:58 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Found the bug whit the chat channel sorter.
When you move a channel it unselects the hilighted channel.

At the EQ2MAP tab, the spelling of "Manully Update"

Settings tab, "Conection settings"

Last edited by jnils : 09-13-2007 at 02:08 AM.
Unread 09-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Default Build 0.09

New Build 0.09
  • Fixed several chat channel bugs including the ones Jnils found.
  • Fixed the two spelling errors Jnils found

Last edited by Landiin : 09-14-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Unread 09-13-2007, 05:48 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Here we go again

When i have entered the login information for Interface's this came up.
If i close and restart it reappers.

The message at the bottom get stuck.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Error3.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	5937  
Unread 09-13-2007, 06:01 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Somehow the program managed to uncheck all the default non update files in EQ2MAP update.

Only skinnable_windowelements remained checkt

As you can see 13 files were unchecked.

Broke my UI

Back to fix my UI

Edit: Now i remember i got a error message before this happend , cant remeber the message, but somthing about XMLparser
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Error4.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	5938  

Last edited by jnils : 09-13-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Unread 09-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Here we go again

When i have entered the login information for Interface's this came up.
If i close and restart it reappers.

The message at the bottom get stuck.
Yes from some reason the XML parser does not like the name I have for eXtreme.. The irony huh? Realy you shouldn't be ever getting eXtreme in your maintained UI list because it isn't in .zip format.