EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 07-26-2007, 11:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Small layout change suggestion...

Great looking Mod! One suggestion I have though would be to swap the location positions of the top left window(s) with the quest helper window (see attachments for cropped pics.)

It just makes sense to have the helper on the left side since everything is left justified in it. The top left stuff is basically static in the overall look, so moving to the top right corner won't affect it much.

This may also involve moving the left buff/debuff strip down a bit to make room for the quest journal. Or, perhaps just moving it to the right edge also?

Any thoughts on this change?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Top Left.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	5855  Click image for larger version

Name:	Quest Helper.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	5856  
Unread 07-26-2007, 01:24 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If you did not know, just as in the Default UI you can just move any windows to positions that you like. So nothing stops you from doing what you do (make sure you unlock those windows and disable clickthrough).

If you want to move the maintained window to the right edge, go ahead, there is also an optional right-aligned version of that window included for that purpose.

The default uisettings I provide with the UI are just the "traditional" layout, that is all.
Unread 07-26-2007, 02:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

To be honest, I downloaded this UI yesterday but did not install it yet. I installed the Fetish UI first cause I like a minimap in my ui. Unfortunately, I had to spend a couple hours moving windows around and resizing things to fit my 1920x1200 res on a 24" widescreen. After I finally got something decent I quit messing with UI's and played the game a bit.

When I made the first post, I was just going by the screen shots on the D/L page and thought it would be a good suggestion. I read that Profit comes with a 1920x1200 res setup already, so I checked it out again and plan to give it a try tonight.

Most UI compilations I have found have this same issue with the quest journal and I was just curious if anyone else thought it was a bad "default" location for it.

Anyway, props for your hard work gm9, the community appreciates folks like you that provide us with great mods to complain about, heh. When I install this thing tonight I will mess around with it a lil and fine tune it the way I prefer. Hopefully it won't take as long as last night.
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:44 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savyor View Post
Most UI compilations I have found have this same issue with the quest journal and I was just curious if anyone else thought it was a bad "default" location for it.
People tend to absorb information from top left to bottom right, since we are trained to read in that way (left to right, top to bottom), and that is the reason why the quest journal is usually placed "out of the way" in the upper right corner.