EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-28-2007, 07:45 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

It doesnt work somehow.......
Is there maybe something else i have to do except editing the _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt in my profitui folder with:

<Page Name="Illusionist">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Mana Flow" Tooltip="Mana"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Synergism" Tooltip="Buff"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Cure Arcane" Tooltip="Cure"/>
</Page>

The spellnames are correct, the codelines seems to be correct too. Have i forgot something ?

I just made a complete clean install of the latest profit ui, in hope to get things working but nothing happens. No tooltip message, no spellcast, no error message, nothing except a short pling.

I had been wasting many days now but i still hope to solve the problem because it is a great feature and i would love to use it.

If you have any kind of suggestion what i can do. Please tell me.

Last edited by Controller : 08-30-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Unread 08-30-2007, 02:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Just make a new line for each command, e.g.

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy at Death&apos;s Door
ponder Parent.Target
say REZZING Parent.Target
tell Parent.Target You have been granted new life, don&apos;t throw it away again." Tooltip="Single Rez"/>
So I got my buttons to work, but can't get the chat and emotes to fire...

This worked for me:

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Cure Arcane"
Tooltip="Cure Arcane"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Bestow Energy"
Tooltip="Power Feed"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Boon of the Damned
Useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Nihilistics"
Tooltip="Trial Buff"/>

This is what I want, but somthing is wrong with it and I can't figure out what:

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Cure Arcane
wave Parent.Target
groupsay Arcane Cure to Parent.Target” Tooltip="Cure Arcane"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Bestow Energy
train Parent.Target
raidsay Power Feed to Parent.Target
tell Parent.Target This round&apos;s on me."
Tooltip="Power Feed"/>
Useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Nihilistics”
Tooltip="Trial Buff"/>

this didnt work either

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Cure Arcane
wave Parent.Target
groupsay Arcane Cure to Parent.Target”
Tooltip="Cure Arcane"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Bestow Energy
train Parent.Target
raidsay Power Feed to Parent.Target
tell Parent.Target &quot;This round&apos;s on me. &quot;"
Tooltip="Power Feed"/>
Useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Nihilistics”
Tooltip="Trial Buff"/>

Anyone see what I'm missing?

Last edited by thestatefish : 08-30-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Unread 09-01-2007, 06:25 PM
A Sea Turtle

Is there any chance of support at the moment ?
Unread 09-02-2007, 03:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

my JC macro works fine...just reading here to find info on the /tell part

in this code:

<Page Name="Troubador">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Jester&apos;s Cap
ponder Parent.Target
say Feel my love Parent.Target
tell Parent.Target Jester's on you my friend,&apos;Enjoy it." Tooltip="Jester's Cap"/>

is the ponder Parent.Target needed? or not? I've seen it in other ones as well...just wanna be certain before I leave it out
Unread 09-03-2007, 12:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

I second the question about ponder Main.Target or wave Main.Target. I'm assuming those are the same as the emote /wave or /ponder?

---
Now for the fun stuff. I just switched over to Profit and I'm trying to get my _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt configured. I setup Mystic for Rejuvenating Rite, Ethereal Aegis, and Learned Healing. Now I am trying to setup Conjuror and I'm breaking it.

Goal:
Button1- Cast Scintilla of Essence, Tell Main Target, Emote (or Say).
Button2 - Cure Arcane
Button3 - See Invis (only thing I could come up with)

I tried going all out and putting in:
<Page Name="Conjuror">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Scintilla of Essence;tell Parent.Target "Checking to make sure you have a Scintilla of Essence in your inventory;emote throws a Scintilla of Essence into Parent.Target 's inventory Tooltip="Scintilla of Essence"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Cure Arcane" Tooltip="Cure"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target See Invisibility" Tooltip="See Invis"/>
</Page>

That didn't work and jacked the whole UI to be a combination of Profit and the default and none of the windows were where I originally placed them. So I tried the KISS method and just triedMacro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Scintilla of Essence" without the attempt of doing a tell or say and the UI still freaks out. I replaced the file with the original and everything was happy again.

Anyone able to give this a shot? A friend told me just to use the shard raid window but I'm trying to be stubborn and get this to work.
Unread 09-05-2007, 08:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena
Default Working Defiler Buttons w/ Raid Chat

<Page Name="Defiler">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Malignant Shroud&quot;
raid Warding Parent.Target " Tooltip="Malignant Shroud"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Putrid Balm&quot;
raid Healing Parent.Target " Tooltip="Putrid Balm"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Sacrificial Deliverance&quot;
raid Healing Parent.Target " Tooltip="Sacrificial Deliverance"/>

Thanks much everyone for helping with trial and error on this.
Unread 09-06-2007, 01:50 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

ponder Parent.Target is not needed at all, I think it comes from an example I made about types of commands you could put in there.

I'm not sure why some of the above macros don't work, either, most of them look fine. I'm beginning to think that it is maybe the text editor you are using, it may be breaking the file format. I think the windows notepad should be working. What definitely works is what I and a number of modders here are using, the open source editor Notepad++.

Semideus, your Button1 line is broken, it should read:
Quote:
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Scintilla of Essence
tell Parent.Target Checking to make sure you have a Scintilla of Essence in your inventory
emote throws a Scintilla of Essence into Parent.Target&apos;s inventory" Tooltip="Scintilla of Essence"/>
Unread 09-08-2007, 07:19 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Icon

Is there a way to make the actual spell icon show up there instead of 1 2 3

Thanks
Unread 09-11-2007, 09:06 PM
A Coastal Crab

I dont know what is wrong with me, I keep reading the different stuff, but it's not getting through, I want to make the quick buttons to do my rez (Elixir of Resuscitation) and make it say in raid chat INC rez to %T stop other rez.

But I think i got how to put the elixir part but dont understand the how to set up assist button

Can someone plz help this computer noob
Unread 09-12-2007, 02:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
ponder Parent.Target is not needed at all, I think it comes from an example I made about types of commands you could put in there.

I'm not sure why some of the above macros don't work, either, most of them look fine. I'm beginning to think that it is maybe the text editor you are using, it may be breaking the file format. I think the windows notepad should be working. What definitely works is what I and a number of modders here are using, the open source editor Notepad++.

Semideus, your Button1 line is broken, it should read:
It's late and noone is online so i cant test my macros, but using notepad++ and entering the above posted macro that I want to use, profit did load properly just now, where only the default would load when it wasn't working. It would seem that regular notepad was breaking the file in my case, and that notepad++ fixed it. Thanks!
Unread 09-12-2007, 04:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Great, thanks for testing this, I'll add that to the FAQ!
Unread 09-18-2007, 07:32 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Mistmoore
Send a message via AIM to Prodigus

Ok still a n00b when it comes to this feature but I'd like to start using it. I've poured through this post, the FAQ, and another one that was closed.

What is needed to start using these? Do I just edit the
_ProfitUI_Raidbuttons.txt and then the 3 buttons will appear in my raid window? Does something else need to be done? Do you have to make macros in game to correlate to the ones in the .txt file?

Thats about it for now. Think I can manage the rest just didn't see these questions addressed elsewhere.

Unread 09-19-2007, 01:28 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The buttons should already be there, and yes, just edit _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt to define what they do for each subclass.
Unread 09-21-2007, 12:20 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default OMG thank you!

Thank you tons GM9.

You have made my life so much easier with the macros. I can now cast on anyone in the raid with out losing my main target.

And you were right I had to use the notepad++ to make it edit correctly.

I just did a simple one for my Conjuror.

<Page Name="Conjuror">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Scintilla of Essence
tell Parent.Target Shard Inc" Tooltip="Shard"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Cure Arcane" Tooltip="Arcane"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target See Invisibility" Tooltip="See Invis"/>
</Page>

HAHA , now i better back up a copy of it incase the updater overwrites it.
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

<Page Name="Guardian">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Intercede" Tooltip="Intercede"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Sentry Watch" Tooltip="Sentry Watch"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="beginchatinput &quot;QuickRaidButton not configured, please see _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt&quot;" Tooltip="Macro3 (Tooltip not configured)"/>

This seems to work.

Question - should I be seeing the icons for Intercede and Sentry Watch in the raid window ?

Avenn Elonis
70 Guardian
Oasis
Keepers of the Oak

Last edited by AvenElonis : 09-24-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Unread 09-21-2007, 11:14 AM
A Coastal Crab

There must be something more that makes the following not working.

Used Notepad++

<Page Name="Illusionist">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Touch of Empathy
gsay blablabla Parent.Target
tell Parent.Target blablabla" Tooltip="Detaunt"/>
Unread 09-25-2007, 11:01 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Mistmoore
Send a message via AIM to Prodigus

Quote:
The buttons should already be there, and yes, just edit _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt to define what they do for each subclass.
Thanks. I thought I was using the latest version. *sigh* Time to download the auto-updater lol.
Unread 09-25-2007, 11:13 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The file on the auto-updater is still unchanged from the latest manual version.

And to the question above: The buttons do never display the icon of the ability you configure in the macro, they always remain unchanged except for the tooltip.
Unread 10-11-2007, 01:05 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default beginner here

just got profit last week and love it, do you have any codes for Conj
Unread 10-22-2007, 10:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Vox

Code:
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy of Awakening&quot;
raidsay Group Rezzing Parent.target group!" Tooltip="Group"/>
I want it to say "Group rezzing parent.target's group!" but if I use

Code:
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy of Awakening&quot;
raidsay Group Rezzing Parent.target&apos;s group!" Tooltip="Group"/>
or

Code:
raidsay Group Rezzing Parent.target &apos;s group!" Tooltip="Group"/>
the button does not work... ideas?
Unread 10-24-2007, 12:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Exclamation

I have been trying to get buttons 4 and 5 to work for some time now. This is what I have. I have tried it with and without &quot; ...neither seems to work. I push the button and nothing happens. The tool tip I get when i hover over it in the game says "Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.B5.Tooltip"

This is how I have it set up: The other 3 buttons i have set up work fine, even with text macros.

<Data Name="Button4" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Animist&apos;s Transference&quot;" Tooltip="Animist&apos;s Transference"/>
<Data Name="Button5" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;See Invisibility&quot;
gsay See Invisibility INC to Parent.Target" Tooltip="See Invisibility"/>

Please help if I'm doing something wrong!

EDIT:

I got it to work in my group window ( I had to use notepad++). using:
<Data Name="Button4" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Animist&apos;s Transference&quot;" Tooltip="Animist&apos;s Transference"/>
<Data Name="Button5" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target See Invisibility" Tooltip="See Invisibility"/>

However, I still cannot get it tow ork in my raid window. Infact the hover buttons I get the tool tip shown above. but the buttons themsleves say 2 and 3 instead of 4 and 5.

Last edited by darkdragonfae : 10-24-2007 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Got it to work in group window
Unread 10-24-2007, 03:44 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Actually 4 and 5 do not work on the raid window since I had trouble counting past three. Will be fixed soon.
Unread 10-24-2007, 03:45 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoFox View Post
I want it to say "Group rezzing parent.target's group!"
Try this one:

raidsay &quot;Group Rezzing Parent.target&apos;s group!&quot;" Tooltip="Group"/>
Unread 10-24-2007, 05:57 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

Absolutely awesome update GM9 !!

I think you read my mind... or someone's feature request... when adding these extra macro buttons... but if it was my mind you read... you didn't read the last line

As a Fury wanting to put 6 heals up there... I would love a 6th macro button... and to quote someone else in this thread... I really am a donkey when it comes to coding this UI stuff

Any chance you, or someone else, could post up here what I'd need to do and where I'd need to do it, to put a 6th button up?

I know how and where to edit the macro buttons themselves to be what I want... and I'm assuming I can copy and paste the code for say, button 5, on the /Fury page and just change the "5" to a "6" and change the spell name... but I'm sure there's some other code I need to put somewhere to make a 6th button actually appear.

I'd greatly appreciate an idiot's, line by line, page by page, guide to this if you have a moment, please <begs and grovels>

Thank you for all your hard work thus far and I'm sorry for asking you for more

Take care.
Unread 10-30-2007, 12:43 PM
A Coastal Crab

here are my buttons

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy at Death&apos;s Door&quot;
raidsay &quot;-- Rezzing Parent.Target -- Wake up you damn slacker !!&quot;" Tooltip="Elegy at Death's door"/>

raidsay &quot;-- Rezzing Parent.Target&apos;s group -- Wake up you Band of Slackers !!&quot;" Tooltip="Elegy of Awakening"/>

<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Oration of Sacrifice&quot;" Tooltip="Oration of Sacrifice"/>

works fine xcept that in raidsay, it doesnt give me the name of the player but keep saying Parent.Target and Parent.Target's group, any clue plz ?

Thx already
Kela