EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 02-23-2011, 07:24 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Quest dialog bubbles

Apparently some of the PCs that give out major quests like heritage quests have a new fancier word bubble appearance for responses. Regular NPCs I see the brown-with-gold-border word bubbles with the response choices in them, but for these new PCs I only see the text of the response choices with no word bubbles around them. One example would be Erus Dal'Viv right down from the othmir docks in Great Divide. Any idea if this is a new graphics element that's not in Profit?
Unread 02-23-2011, 10:18 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
Apparently some of the PCs that give out major quests like heritage quests have a new fancier word bubble appearance for responses. Regular NPCs I see the brown-with-gold-border word bubbles with the response choices in them, but for these new PCs I only see the text of the response choices with no word bubbles around them. One example would be Erus Dal'Viv right down from the othmir docks in Great Divide. Any idea if this is a new graphics element that's not in Profit?
Probably. I've noticed it myself but have not managed to track it down yet.

Silat
Unread 02-23-2011, 10:20 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
images\commonelements.dds
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15400

I suppose
Unread 02-24-2011, 02:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Compass and Font settings

Not sure if this is the right area to post this.....
I just downloaded Profit maintained and updater. They work fine. But I have no compass, does that have to be downloaded and patched in? Secondly; I am using my HD TV as my monitor; is there any patch out there that would let me run the UI at the highest settings for my tv and allow me to increase the font size? Thanks for any help on this.

Last edited by James67 : 02-24-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Unread 02-24-2011, 03:03 AM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quick question, I was using one of the skin variants (gray, I think) and all my windows are back to the dark blue, do I need to change to a different skin variant (red or somthing), undate, and then change back, or is there another issue?
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:33 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsi View Post
Quick question, I was using one of the skin variants (gray, I think) and all my windows are back to the dark blue, do I need to change to a different skin variant (red or somthing), undate, and then change back, or is there another issue?
I just talked witth gm9 about this. The skin packs have not been updated in a long time. I plan to update at least a few of them in the next week. Red, Purple, Light Blue, and yellow were what I was looking at making at the moment. Let me know if there are any other color requests for the moment.

Silat
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:35 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by James67 View Post
Not sure if this is the right area to post this.....
I just downloaded Profit maintained and updater. They work fine. But I have no compass, does that have to be downloaded and patched in? Secondly; I am using my HD TV as my monitor; is there any patch out there that would let me run the UI at the highest settings for my tv and allow me to increase the font size? Thanks for any help on this.
Large fonts require a lot more recoding than you would think. It is one of those things I'd like to get to but it is not likely to happen in the immediate future.

Silat
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
A Brown Bear

Also noticed some of the quest givers dont have the background of their chat dialogs responses (the options you click when you talk to them), for the example the guy in Great Divide at the ToFS Zone in....maybe its related to this issue....I'll try to get a Screenshot of this today...

thanks again for keeping this great UI Alive...

-Zodiacus
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
I just talked witth gm9 about this. The skin packs have not been updated in a long time. I plan to update at least a few of them in the next week. Red, Purple, Light Blue, and yellow were what I was looking at making at the moment. Let me know if there are any other color requests for the moment.

Silat
Could we get the Gray also
Unread 02-24-2011, 11:10 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Skin Color Request

Ocre please if you've the time. Sounds obscure but it's a warm, brown color that's warmed my view of Norrath for years.

A thank you abounding for all the work maintaining this beauty of an UI =)
Unread 02-24-2011, 11:12 AM
A Grove Wisp

thank you very much!
Unread 02-24-2011, 12:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The dialog box issue is (hopefully) fixed. I have sent it to Kaldran and he will get it on the updater as soon as he can.

Red, Purple, Light Blue, yellow, ochre, blue-grey and grey for skinpack colors. No promises on when but I plan to get to them as soon as I have time.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 02-24-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Unread 02-24-2011, 12:14 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Correct as usual. To be honest I have spent more time playing than looking for bugs

Silat
Unread 02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
A Grove Wisp

Is anyone having problems with their group window not showing up? When I group there is no window that lists my members. Kind of hard to clicky them if they dont exist...

Thanks, for the quick updates to address DOV.
Unread 02-24-2011, 05:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
The dialog box issue is (hopefully) fixed. I have sent it to Kaldran and he will get it on the updater as soon as he can.

Red, Purple, Light Blue, yellow, ochre, and grey for skinpack colors. No promises on when but I plan to get to them as soon as I have time.

Silat
Thank you so much for answering my previous question.

I'd like to request the "blue-grey" skin. It's a pretty, subdued color. Quite frankly, its the only one I've ever used out of all of them.
Unread 02-24-2011, 06:17 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlin View Post
Is anyone having problems with their group window not showing up? When I group there is no window that lists my members. Kind of hard to clicky them if they dont exist...

Thanks, for the quick updates to address DOV.
The only thing I can think of is that it is hidden by another window. Mine is definately there

Silat
Unread 02-24-2011, 07:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Large fonts require a lot more recoding than you would think. It is one of those things I'd like to get to but it is not likely to happen in the immediate future.

Silat
Thank you for your response.... Okay I can just change the resolution . What about the compass? Is it hidden or do I need to download on? And if I do download it, I am not sure where to place the extracted files.
Unread 02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Thank you for your response.... Okay I can just change the resolution . What about the compass? Is it hidden or do I need to download on? And if I do download it, I am not sure where to place the extracted files.
Did you try ALT-N?
Unread 02-24-2011, 09:51 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default stupid thing

on XP bar I cannot see if I am getting RAF bonus anymore
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:01 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
I don't think the compass shows by default anymore. There is a hotkey for it I believe...someone posted it before me.

Silat
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:03 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynelle View Post
on XP bar I cannot see if I am getting RAF bonus anymore
You are probably not getting it. They made it to where you have to be in the groupable level range of the raf to get the bonus. To see it just mouse over your vitality display...it will show all bonuses.

Silat
Unread 02-25-2011, 03:07 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:

Silat
if u could get black as well it will be great, been using it almost as long as i used profit, can't even think of any other color
and tnx so much 4 keeping this UI up to date
Unread 02-25-2011, 05:17 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default commonelements.dds

I see in the changelog that the new fancy dialog-response bubbles are supposed to be in commonelements.dds. I'm not seeing them in-game, though, and when I check commonelements.dds I dont' see anything new in it. Is this one just lagging getting into the updater download?
Unread 02-25-2011, 09:14 AM
A Brown Bear

Thank you so much for the rapid updates and for Ocre working again! =)
Unread 02-25-2011, 10:18 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I see in the changelog that the new fancy dialog-response bubbles are supposed to be in commonelements.dds. I'm not seeing them in-game, though, and when I check commonelements.dds I dont' see anything new in it. Is this one just lagging getting into the updater download?
No it is on the updater. Kaldran had it up within minutes of me sending it to him. I see them in game now as well.

I just now redownloaded the file from the updater and they are indeed present in it. Make sure you do not have the file on ignore because it is definately there. The added boxes are in the lower right corner of the file.

Silat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ddspic.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	7677