EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 04-07-2022, 09:25 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up Newish returning and love the UI

Good afternoon!
I'm returning to eq2, mainly for the new progression server that is coming out next month. I was looking around and found this UI, and it's pretty nifty so far. Great work!
My problem/question is, I haven't really played in over 10 years, and am coming from eq1. I don't know what a lot of these windows are, and I don't have a default to copy from.
I was wondering if anyone here had a 1920x1080 ish layout they could share. Or even a screenshot of what it should look like on for the average person. I appreciate any help or advice you can give! Thanks again for the hard work, this looks great (install was a breeze!). Here's what I currently see (sorry large image), I figure someone has to have a better looking layout!

Unread 04-10-2022, 12:23 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

All five of those odd windows are custom DarqUI components. Left to right they are Icon Bar, Extended Player Window, Stat Monitor and Gear Buff Macros. The one on the right is the Maintained Spell Monitor. If you mouse over the upper left-hand corner of any of them, you'll get a blue gem button. Click that and you'll open the window manager setup page, and from there click the purple Help icon at the top.

There should be enough info there to give you a basic idea of why you would want to use the window, how to configure it to your preferences, and how to turn it off if you're not interested in using it.

DarqUI tries to conform to the overall look and feel of the default UI, and the expectation is that players will have already settled on a layout for their windows prior to installing DarqUI. So we've never developed any recommended window arrangements since it's such a matter of personal preference.

I will say that very soon your hotbars will most likely start filling up, and you may end up with most or all of the 10 hotbars on the screen at once. In those cases they dominate the rest of the UI, and everything else gets positioned secondary to them.