- Players now have access to primary, secondary and ranged appearance slots.
- The wield style (one-handed, two-handed, shield) of the weapons must match the weapons that are currently equipped.
(3/31/2009 - 4/8/2009) Jesters, thieves, bards and fans of mischief are invited to enjoy the festivities that surround Bristlebane's Day! You never know what laughs and pranks are to be found, during this enjoyable time of year. Celebrators are present in every home city, and the oddest of objects have been spotted in Antonica, The Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep and Greater Faydark! Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for special events occurring only on the highest of silly days, 4/1/2009!
Lots of brand new content has been added in this classic zone. Almost all of the population has be re-tiered for solo players, with a new level 45 to 55 adventure quest line with the industrious…but rather insane Sootfoot goblins, and a new level 40-45 tradeskill quest line. Brand new void invaded areas also feature new level 80 solo quests. Additionally, a solo-able daily shard quest had been added as well as mount paths and additional teleporters to make traversing the zone much easier!
A new set of shard armor is now available from merchants!
Ward of Elements
- Players can now see how much aggro they have generated towards NPC’s in combat.
- A new UI element will display players’ aggro percentage for their current target or implied target.
- Players with the most hate will also see the hate value for the player below them.
- Players’ aggro value will also appear above an NPC’s head, just below their remaining power.
- The aggro value displayed above an NPC’s head may be toggled off under Options -> User Interface -> Name and Chat Bubble
A brand new level 80 two-group raid instance has been added! This zone is balanced for players without a proliferation of raid gear, and should provide an exciting challenge to any group of 12! The first six bosses can be tackled in any order, and provide fantastic fabled loot with brand new armor sets upgraded from the tier 2 void shard sets, complete with new appearances! You can find it in Lavastorm beneath the Hollow Tower and Deep Forge.
- Sacrifice is now instant cast and recovery but will no longer be absorbed by wards.
- Allied Prayers will trigger properly if the Cleric is casting.
Many NPC spells within Atrebe’s Laboratory: The Fabled City of Kor-sha will no longer target other NPCs.
- Xebnok and other charming mobs should no longer cause clients to crash.
- Picking character advancement and training spells (i.e. Master II spells) will now attempt to add the spells to your hotbar and indicate where they are with spinning arrows.
- Group members can now use the /invite command to request that the group leader invite a player to the group. Just type /invite
- The entire group will no longer be zoned out of Scion of Ice when 1 person leaves.
- Chests looted with NBG or Lotto looting options will now give the group 120 seconds to make their decisions.
- Players that have completed the access quest to Trakanon’s Lair will now be able to zone directly to Trakanon without clearing Veeshan’s Peak.
- Sarnak teleporter technology in Gorowyn has expedited transport from the base of the main lift to the residential area.
- Gnomeland security R&D have created a tinkered banker prototype, which is now available for use. No warranty applies, use at own risk, no refunds, gnomeland security accepts no liability for injuries or loss incurred due to malfunction or spontaneous combustion.
- A void shard now drops from the final boss of Obelisk of Ahkzul, two from the final boss of the Anchor of Bazzul, and three are present within the Palace of Ferzhul!
- The guild hall mender will now correctly remember the new coverage setting after it is changed.
- Paying upkeep on a house or guild hall now requires confirmation.
- The “Call to Guild Hall” spell to has been modified to have less of an impact on server performance when many players use it at once.
- Amenities will now move with players when moving to a new guild hall.
- Any amenities that are not allowed in the new guild hall will continue to be refunded to players’ escrow accounts. If the move results in having more amenities than allowed, players will not be able to move items until some amenities are removed.
- Permissions for the Harvest Supply Depot amenity have been changed as follows:
- Any player with access to the guild hall may deposit items into the depot.
- Only players with Trustee access to the hall may withdraw items directly from the depot.
- The ability to craft using items in the depot is defined using the permission level on the amenity tab.
MOORS OF YKESHA
- Forgotten Ring of Souls had a higher bonus on it than was intended. It has been changed to 2 base spell damage and 2 spell crit.
- The Paladin Voidbeam set’s 4-piece bonus has been changed.
- The Ranger Flightrift set’s 2-piece bonus now lowers the reuse time of Focus Aim.
- The Zealot’s Steel armor set is no longer sunshine yellow.
- The Shadow Odyssey dirge set armor has had its chest and 2-piece set bonus swapped.
- The Void Shard merchant in the Moors of Ykesha now offers weapons suitable for Brawlers.
- Items collected from the 'old' Ethernaut Relics collection now apply to the 'new' Ethernaut Relics collection. The 'old' Ethernaut Relics collection has been deleted.
- Set bonuses for Shadow Odyssey raid gear and some shard-purchased gear have been modified and improved.
- Flightrift Leggings now have a ranged crit bonus instead of melee crit.
- The High-Pressure Forged Breastplate awarded by Tertiary Gurowyn Riz'Din in the Timorous Deep can now be equipped by crusaders as well as warriors.
- The delayed shipment Nagafen statues have finally arrived. Anyone who had /claimed their Nagafen at Rest item should now have a statue in place of the delivery crate.
- The Thex Mallet can now be purchased from Shady Swashbuckler if you have completed the heritage quest.
- Darkened Rapidity now adds +10 Deflection Chance to the fighter version of the Dark Mail Gauntlets.
- The effect from the Talisman of the Ethernauts should now stack with similar effects, like Frenzy of the Dead and Adrenaline Rage.
- The Tainted Ring of Anashti Sul should now proc Deflection Chance similar to its Shield Effectiveness.
- The Signet of Vampiric Kind should now also proc Barrier on a successful deflection.
- Many quest items in Moors of Ykesha have been fixed to no longer trigger procs.
- Quest items for the Befallen missions will no longer trigger procs.
- The Wantia Artisan's Satchel and Meager Harvesting Bag no longer hold non-harvested raw items such as wolf fangs. Only items that are actually harvested can be placed in them.
Many parts of the solo population within Moors of Ykesha have been reduced in difficulty.
PALACE OF THE ANCIENT ONE
Multiple occurrences of Abstalius should no longer spawn in Palace of the Ancient One.
- Players can no longer revive while their group is still engaged in PVP based combat.
- The infamy system has been adjusted. Players no longer lose infamy when they die. However, their infamy will slowly decay over time. Also, a new title has been added.
- Lord Byron and his cohorts should be much more accessible for updating quests in Stormhold.
- You can now assist with Qho Augren’s harvesting obsession as you level up, starting at level 5 (adventurer or tradeskill).
- City writs that previously sent adventurers into Lavastorm have been adjusted due to the changes to the Lavastorm population.
- Some of the collection items that were previously only available through the Kunark Burynai have been made available again in certain zones.
RUINS OF GUK
- All Shadow Odyssey Expansion raid bosses now have a chance at dropping master spells.
- Some raid bosses in each zone now drop void shards! (2 per instance, except Zarrakon)
The Ruins of Guk: Halls of the Fallen, The Ruins of Guk: the Lower Corridors and Atrebe’s Laboratory: Fabled City of Kor-sha all have had some changes made. Most of the more undesirable spells have been removed from NPC’s and or are now dispellable.
Strike of the Ethernauts and similar type effects should now all stack with each other.
- The Far Seas Supply Division has learned of another mission where a group of talented tradeskillers may be sorely needed. Madria Varas will have details of the new mission once they are available.
- Representative Purrla from the Far Seas Trading Company is seeking help from the cities' tradeskill societies! Tradeskillers level 40+ may wish to assist.
- Armorers, woodworkers, and jewelers have improved their recipes, and can now make improved versions of tradeskilled shields and secondary items. Old shields and secondary items that already exist will not be affected, only new ones created henceforth.
- Tradeskillers with their epic earrings may soon find more red collectibles if they look in the right areas…
- The “Tunare’s Gifts” volumes 1 through 5 and “Bartending for Sadists” recipe books are no longer limited in number of uses.
- All armorer reaction events in the level 50 range should now result in a success round if successfully countered.
ZARRAKON’S ABYSSAL LAIR
- Players can now drag equipment from their appearance slots to the macro window.
- Fixed a bug where damage reduction info was not displayed correctly in the mitigation tooltip.
- The raid window has a new ‘Advanced’ mode that will display effect icons for all members of the raid. To switch views, right-click the raid window.
- A bug in the raid window sometimes causing users to not be drag-able has been fixed.
- The carat in text boxes will no longer render if the EQII client doesn’t have focus.
- UI Settings files are now stored in a new XML format. Existing INI files will be converted the first time a character is logged in.
- Tooltips of icons in the collection window now look like regular item tooltips.
- The quest journal can now be sorted by quest name.
- Players may now specify key bindings for all 10 hotbars in the Options window under Controls->Hotbar Keys. Right-click a hotbar and choose “Hotbar Settings” to assign a key mapping.
- The group window now displays a health bar for your group members’ pets.
- The following modifications were made to UIScripting / UI Builder and are mainly of interest to the modding community:
- UIScript now supports the following functions: int(), abs(), floor(), ceil()
- Results of math operations in UIScript now only return the required precision instead of always forcing 3 decimal places.
- Fixed a bug parsing negative floating-point numbers.
- New Scripting events added: OnMove, OnSize, OnTextChanged.
- The BackgroundEmpty image of a UIProgressbar will no longer render unless the progress value is zero.
- Support has been added for a new UIColorStyle object. Any object property that accepts a color will now accept a reference to a UIColorStyle object.
- Players can now press F2 to edit the name of an object in the TreeView
- Players can press Enter or Escape while editing an object name to commit or cancel editing.
The mark of attack spell associated with the Mystmerian Wraiths in Zarrakon’s lair no longer persist through death, but the wraiths recast it on newly resurrected opponents within 3 seconds, allowing them to resume fighting with their group.