EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-15-2005, 05:41 AM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lavastorm
Default EQ2Map Ideas...

1.) To Change all the POI Graphical Dots to 3/4 1/2 the current size so they dont overlap so much when close together.

2.) Chevrons (>) with F2-F6 under them that represent each group member on the map and their current location updated dynamicly. I'm not sure if this is possible, but I thought of the idea when I would click on the players name in the grp window and their name would show up in the zone no matter where they were. This data is being fed to your interface somehow and updating their location, but only through the title of their name. So is it possible to pipe this data to the EQ2map interface to show them on the map? If it were, you guys would have the utimate kewl feature in your UI mod which already awsome.

Thanks,
Trip
Unread 03-15-2005, 05:50 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Moved to the correct forum. The wishlist is only for developer requests to SOE.

=/
Unread 03-15-2005, 07:01 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
Moved to the correct forum. The wishlist is only for developer requests to SOE.

=/

Sorry, if ya can believe it i'm kinda new to posting.

Thanks for moving,
Trip
Unread 03-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodySpecial
1.) To Change all the POI Graphical Dots to 3/4 1/2 the current size so they dont overlap so much when close together.
Very easily possible, but I believe the core crew has a different idea for handling "PoI piles."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodySpecial
2.) Chevrons (>) with F2-F6 under them that represent each group member on the map and their current location updated dynamicly. I'm not sure if this is possible, but I thought of the idea when I would click on the players name in the grp window and their name would show up in the zone no matter where they were. This data is being fed to your interface somehow and updating their location, but only through the title of their name. So is it possible to pipe this data to the EQ2map interface to show them on the map? If it were, you guys would have the utimate kewl feature in your UI mod which already awsome.
This one's a popular request, but isn't possible at the moment. There's no way to get any sort of data on where a groupmember is to have it displayed on the map. (Tho I, too, wish it were possible)
Unread 03-15-2005, 08:17 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Skype™ to Eloa

the half size was done about an hour ago. let us know what you think
Unread 03-15-2005, 10:20 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloa
the half size was done about an hour ago. let us know what you think
I can't believe this! You guys are the best. I just hope anyone who doesn't like shot me for suggesting it. But thanks a bunch, it will definately make it easier to mouseover POI's that are clustered together.

One dumb question though...
Do I redownload EQ2Map, redownload the updater, or just run the updater?

About the group indiactors on the map. There has to be some data somewhere updating your UI cuz of the "clink on their name and see them anywhere" option. But I do understand that somethings just have to be hard coded, so maybe we can submit it to the DEVS.

Thanks so much,
Trip

Last edited by NobodySpecial : 03-15-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Unread 03-15-2005, 11:10 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Run the updater and you're set. Aren't we wonderful?
Unread 03-15-2005, 01:15 PM
A Grove Wisp

One last idea...

For us POI noobs, to make a button that updates a .txt file or something for the Target and Location. Beside it would be an optional short description box to label the POI (specially if there is nothing to target). Then use the Updater to extract the info and UL it the POI server or website.

Example: I see a Named mob rarely seen call Opalla a 42^^ in Blackburrow (really did happen last night). I check EQ2map and find no POI for him. I then target him, get as close as possible with aggroing him, then open EQ2map and type in the description box 42^^ (that is if the button doesn't do it already) and click the add POI button. The info is stored in a file that can be uploaded for review. Next time I run the updater, it looks for the POI file and UL's the data for review.

Example2: I see a rune stone in TS near the giants that gives a quest. I then stand on the rock. Open up EQ2map and fill in the description "Quest: The Glyph's Message = Slay 25 Firerock Goliaths" and hit the add POI button. Again, next time I run the updater, the POI's are UL'ed.

Tell me whacha think,
Trip

Last edited by NobodySpecial : 03-15-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Unread 03-15-2005, 05:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I think slightly like what the last poster was suggesting... how about a link on the map window that opens the (lame) in game web browser to a streamlined page on the site to submit a POI from ingame? I'm not suggesting the info be passed dynamically into the page (tho that would be cool), but pulling it up in game would allow easier typing of the specifics w/o alt-tabbing, etc.

-------------

Blah - ignorant poster who didn't bother reading the other threads. Someone else posted this and you all were looking into it.

Last edited by garlaen : 03-15-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Unread 03-15-2005, 06:24 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlaen
I think slightly like what the last poster was suggesting... how about a link on the map window that opens the (lame) in game web browser to a streamlined page on the site to submit a POI from ingame? I'm not suggesting the info be passed dynamically into the page (tho that would be cool), but pulling it up in game would allow easier typing of the specifics w/o alt-tabbing, etc.

-------------

Blah - ignorant poster who didn't bother reading the other threads. Someone else posted this and you all were looking into it.
yea i havent had a chance to look into making a page that looks right in the in game browser but i will probably have a chance to do that this weekend.
Unread 03-15-2005, 08:51 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

if what I seen about the ingame browser is what I remember seeing, you cant do links or forms, therefore making it useless. Maybe its just been a while though.